Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Death of para today

Dear MHS Parents/Guardians,

It is with great sadness that we have to inform you that Diana Telis, a special education paraprofessional at Melrose Veterans Memorial Middle School passed away unexpectedly today at her home. We have informed all staff and wanted to inform families who may wish to share the information with their student. The middle school staff will communicate with students’ tomorrow morning. District counselors will be available to support staff and students during the day. This will no doubt be a difficult time for many.

At this time we have limited information regarding any possible plans for remembrance and we will communicate with you further as we learn more details.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your child, please call the main office and we can connect you to the appropriate staff person.

Sincerely,

Jason Merrill
MHS Principal

Re: Death of para today

That para was a bully. She intimidated coworkers to the point some would cry and shake if they had to work in the same classroom as her. She would humiliate others so badly that they were afraid to eat in the lunch room. She got away with it because she fed information on coworkers to management. She would also gain a closeness by bring in gifts of food, candy and what ever to those who she could benefit from. She had her minions who clung to her for fear of being her next victim. A bully adult in middle school. Good example. Not.

mhs
Dear MHS Parents/Guardians,

It is with great sadness that we have to inform you that Diana Telis, a special education paraprofessional at Melrose Veterans Memorial Middle School passed away unexpectedly today at her home. We have informed all staff and wanted to inform families who may wish to share the information with their student. The middle school staff will communicate with students’ tomorrow morning. District counselors will be available to support staff and students during the day. This will no doubt be a difficult time for many.

At this time we have limited information regarding any possible plans for remembrance and we will communicate with you further as we learn more details.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your child, please call the main office and we can connect you to the appropriate staff person.

Sincerely,

Jason Merrill
MHS Principal
Thank you for the up date.

Former employee
That para was a bully. She intimidated coworkers to the point some would cry and shake if they had to work in the same classroom as her. She would humiliate others so badly that they were afraid to eat in the lunch room. She got away with it because she fed information on coworkers to management. She would also gain a closeness by bring in gifts of food, candy and what ever to those who she could benefit from. She had her minions who clung to her for fear of being her next victim. A bully adult in middle school. Good example. Not.

This is absolutely true. A reprehensible woman. I didn't wish death upon her but wanted her gone as did many others. Why do you think the long term Mvmms nurse bailed mid-year last year. Bullied by that para along with the help of her friend and colleague who retired last year. Both in the pockets of CT, TB, BC, PWL, RD. They sold out coworkers, all MTA members and boy did they reap the benefits for doing so. Neither will be missed.

This is Melrose Schools? We need more Charter Schools and less of this administration.

“Former Employee”, hiding behind your forgotten years of service, have some class! Sounds like you have a particularly unhealthy fixation of hatred for this “Former Co-worker”! Even after you left?Sad!

Not only you, but myself and others worked with her too, and she’s not a bully at all! She’d certainly call you out if you were being a POS though, so I’m just guessing at what side of her you were on!

She is loved and missed, by the crying staff and the kids who she had cared for, even today. I was over by there, so I know that to be true. Does anyone remember you? Are you even allowed in the door?

Where were you to stand up for the injustice when you could? Sounds like you were the vicious bully loose in the middle school, picking on the voiceless and defenseless. Not someone else! I’m glad someone had the vision to include “Former” to your title.

Mirror
“Former Employee”, hiding behind your forgotten years of service, have some class! Sounds like you have a particularly unhealthy fixation of hatred for this “Former Co-worker”! Even after you left?Sad!

Not only you, but myself and others worked with her too, and she’s not a bully at all! She’d certainly call you out if you were being a POS though, so I’m just guessing at what side of her you were on!

She is loved and missed, by the crying staff and the kids who she had cared for, even today. I was over by there, so I know that to be true. Does anyone remember you? Are you even allowed in the door?

Where were you to stand up for the injustice when you could? Sounds like you were the vicious bully loose in the middle school, picking on the voiceless and defenseless. Not someone else! I’m glad someone had the vision to include “Former” to your title.

All you current and former paras on this string sound like idiots. The kids deserve better. Clearly a toxic environment and very unfortunate that the kids need to be subjected to you. Grow up and do your job or leave.

Very somber day in the city to hear a employee has passed away suddenly. Diana would give her heart and soul to the kids. To people she disliked you had better watch out. She had a way with words and could come across as a bully.

I got to know the side to Diana that was funny. After her incident that happened when she needed PT for a long time. I perhaps think she never got over losing so many friends. She had a generous side too.

The respect of a teacher or para is very important to the community to heal and unite. The children need to express the loss of a para whom they knew and cared for.

A notice went out to all paras and teachers the other day. It was to be read before we left school. Every teacher had the email and not one para did. Not a surprise at all this is how the paras are treated all the time. The loss of a para you would think PWL would make sure the paras got the message.

BITCH, BULLY, BACKSTABBER, BELITTLING, *******, BRIBER, BROWN-NOSER, BEAST, BULL**** ARTIST. BEREVEMENT.

still waiting
A notice went out to all paras and teachers the other day. It was to be read before we left school. Every teacher had the email and not one para did. Not a surprise at all this is how the paras are treated all the time. The loss of a para you would think PWL would make sure the paras got the message.[/quote

The paraprofessionals are not even listed under staff on the Melrose Public School website 😣

Paraprofessionals were removed from the school website, the books with staff information, you name it. They were deleted under the direction of Stuporintendent Betraymore. There is nothing worse than a woman in power who tears other women down. She's evil incarnate. Who was she best-buds with? None other than the dearly departed. Mirror image with no reflection or souls.

Whom ever sent the email to teachers and paras you left the paras out. Our staff kept asking where is the important email we are to read before we go home? Most of the paras had to look at a teachers email. That's how paras are thought of in the schools everyday.

no respect
Whom ever sent the email to teachers and paras you left the paras out. Our staff kept asking where is the important email we are to read before we go home? Most of the paras had to look at a teachers email. That's how paras are thought of in the schools everyday.

I am not sure Para's have email at MPS. I could be wrong but think a few years ago they were omitted.

Para
no respect

I am not sure Para's have email at MPS. I could be wrong but think a few years ago they were omitted.
. Paras !

Does anyone know the average class size in the 50s compared to now, and about what year that Paras became the norm. I'm not debating the need for them AT ALL, just curious.

Geezer
Does anyone know the average class size in the 50s compared to now, and about what year that Paras became the norm. I'm not debating the need for them AT ALL, just curious.

I do not remember any of my classmates being on IEP's back in the day. You were just pushed through each grade and if you have difficulty learning there was not much done. This was back in the 60's and 70's When my own children were in MPS late 1990-2007 I do remember some paras but not sure how many.

I am a senior at Melrose High School and after reading the above comments I was astounded by the insensitivity. As a student of the public schools I look up to my teachers as people to model my behavior after, which is what made it even more heartbreaking to read the comments about Mrs. Telis. I am curious what the writer of the above comments gained from trashing the memory of a deceased women? Did you get satisfaction from causing pain to the people who are mourning her loss? As you seem so eager to share your opinion on the internet, I hope to impart some guidelines to help you make better choices in the future!
1. Everything you say on the internet stays on the internet.
2. If you would not say it to their face you should not say it on a screen.
I would also like to remind you of a very helpful THINK acronym for those who have a hard time judging whether or not their comments are appropriate THINK is it
TRUTHFUL
HELPFUL
INSPIRING
NECESSARY
KIND
Despite this being an acronym used to teach elementary school students manners, I believe the adults in this conversation would benefit from familiarizing themselves with it. I hope that this comment will help you to reflect on your behavior and even if you still believe the comments you made I hope you realize that this is neither the time nor the place for you to be expressing those opinions. Finally I would like to leave you this quote, in hopes that it will help you gain a greater understanding, which as a teacher I hope is one of your greatest goals,
"I imagine one of the reasons people cling to their hates so stubbornly is because they sense, once hate is gone, they will be forced to deal with pain." -James Baldwin

Rest In Peace Mrs. Telis, may we all remember you for the good moments and cast away the hateful words.

MHS student
I am a senior at Melrose High School and after reading the above comments I was astounded by the insensitivity. As a student of the public schools I look up to my teachers as people to model my behavior after, which is what made it even more heartbreaking to read the comments about Mrs. Telis. I am curious what the writer of the above comments gained from trashing the memory of a deceased women? Did you get satisfaction from causing pain to the people who are mourning her loss? As you seem so eager to share your opinion on the internet, I hope to impart some guidelines to help you make better choices in the future!
1. Everything you say on the internet stays on the internet.
2. If you would not say it to their face you should not say it on a screen.
I would also like to remind you of a very helpful THINK acronym for those who have a hard time judging whether or not their comments are appropriate THINK is it
TRUTHFUL
HELPFUL
INSPIRING
NECESSARY
KIND
Despite this being an acronym used to teach elementary school students manners, I believe the adults in this conversation would benefit from familiarizing themselves with it. I hope that this comment will help you to reflect on your behavior and even if you still believe the comments you made I hope you realize that this is neither the time nor the place for you to be expressing those opinions. Finally I would like to leave you this quote, in hopes that it will help you gain a greater understanding, which as a teacher I hope is one of your greatest goals,
"I imagine one of the reasons people cling to their hates so stubbornly is because they sense, once hate is gone, they will be forced to deal with pain." -James Baldwin

Rest In Peace Mrs. Telis, may we all remember you for the good moments and cast away the hateful words.

What heartfelt touching post. Your parents should be very proud of you !

I will miss your loud voice and the many silly things you did with me. RIP.

I am a senior at MHS and its named mom. What ever the message is we all have feelings and we should let them not get in the way of death. Even if this were not a student at MHS you had to let your feelings known. It was very moving in honor of Ms. Tellis. Hope the councilors are still seeing students at the school.

You've got to be kidding me. You are painting this person like she was a saint. She died. That's too bad, but let's not delude ourselves with "alternative facts." Or who she really was. Could she be a decent friend? Yes to some, not at all to others. Could she be a decent coworker? Again yes to some, deplorable to many others. The truth is the truth and dying shouldn't change that. God, this school system couldn't tell the truth if you paid them. Pray for her soul. It's a kind thing to do and from what I "know" it couldn't hurt. Amen

mom or senior?
I am a senior at MHS and its named mom. What ever the message is we all have feelings and we should let them not get in the way of death. Even if this were not a student at MHS you had to let your feelings known. It was very moving in honor of Ms. Tellis. Hope the councilors are still seeing students at the school.
I come with no wrapping or pretty pink bows.
I am who I am from my head to my toes.
I tend to get loud when speaking my mind.
Even a little crazy some of the time.
I'm not a size 5 and don't care to be.
You can be you and I can be me.
I try to stay strong.

The truth is Mrs Telis was a constant champion for all the children. She not only dedicated herself to making sure they felt included, happy and safe everyday but donated her time and money beyond the six hour day. The truth is she was also respected and loved by her peers. The truth is she could disagree but then move on while not harboring any grudges. She brought laughter and joy to all. She is missed everday.

Dear Truth,

You wouldn't know it if it jumped up and bit you in the A$$. You defend her because you are just like her. You and Kelly Con-artist should work together. Oh I forgot. Your hubby tried that route and lost. The more you protest the more truth will come out. Shut the hell up.

Management instills a employee to give unwanted resources that is needed for the system to operate. More of these employees are in the system and are willing to hand over information at no cost.