Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Boy's Swim Team

Is the boy's swim coach the same Dick Whitworth that was at the Y during the molestation fiasco? If he is, my question is - WTF?

Re: Boy's Swim Team

Yes, DW was the admin at the center of the YMCA coverup. Interesting that the Y mess was overseen by Mark Garipay who also is helping the Mayor coverup the Cemetary mismanagement and theft by Godfather Mike Hughes.

I certainly hope not.

From the Melrose Free Press June 2009

Richard 'Whit' Whitworth today announced his retirement as president and CEO of the Melrose YMCA, according to a press release issued by DBMediaStrategies Inc. — the PR firm hired a week ago to handle crisis management for the Y — on behalf of the YMCA's board of directors.

Whitworth, 58, has been the Melrose YMCA president and CEO since 1979. The press release states that his resignation will be effective Sept. 1, 2009.

Public outcry calling for Whitworth and Melrose YMCA Vice President Nancy Madden to resign began after the state Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) released an investigative report and subsequent order of sanctions in April, in which the EEC alleged that senior level YMCA management had prior knowledge of problems with alleged child rapist James Conner, a former YMCA employee.

In the press release issued today, Whitworth cited health reasons, early retirement and "a desire to remove himself as the focal point of community concerns" following Conner's arrest, indictment and arraignment on 20 charges that include allegedly raping two girls, who were between 7 and 13 at the time of the alleged rapes, and videotaping the incidents at both his North Reading home and at Melrose YMCA after-school program locations.

I don't know who you think you are, but I do know that you have never met Coach Whitworth. Whit is a great coach and person. The molestation fiasco really did not have much to with him, just an overlooked hire, of which he also did not do the hiring. You are an uninformed butt trumpet, and you should probably leave Melrose and never return.

"Where Do I Go To Get My Reputation Back?"

That was the question asked by Ray Donovan, Reagan's Labor Secretary, after he was found not guilty of corruption charges. It is the question that many folks found not guilty ask. And I suspect that it was the question asked by a Virginia teacher who was accused of sexual abuse of a student, found not guilty, but who was fired anyway.

Melrose always covers up for wrongdoing.
Whitworth covered up the mismanagement of the Y and acted like Cardinal Law. DPW and the Cemetery Commisisoners coverup the misappropriations and stolen money by Mike Hughes (Peter Dolan's best friend and Rob's Godfather). The YMCA Governing Board (Mary Sexton and Mark Garipay) were enablers of Whitwerth. Garipay (Rob's best friend) covers up for Mike Hughes. The entire City Hall administration hides PDR's Plymouth crimes.

"Whit is a great guy" Trump is a great guy. Bill O'Reilly is a great guy. All great men, if you can look the other way regarding sexual assault against women and children. Melrose is after all "One Community Open to All" including racisists, sexual predators, and incompetent politicians who go along to get along. Leadership and moral courage are in short supply here.

Father
I don't know who you think you are, but I do know that you have never met Coach Whitworth. Whit is a great coach and person. The molestation fiasco really did not have much to with him, just an overlooked hire, of which he also did not do the hiring. You are an uninformed butt trumpet, and you should probably leave Melrose and never return.

Ah - you KNOW I have never met him. What are you, his appointments secretary? In fact I have met him, and think he's a first class jerk. And he didn't have "much" to do with the molestation fiasco, right? Only the cover up, along with that butt plug Garipay.