Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Author
Comment
Re: Parap

Repair
Concerned parent
It just bothers me. These children on IEP's are the Paraprofessionals first concern. Yet, they are pulled out to substitute for absent teachers then our children are left without a compatantat person to handle their needs. That means the teacher has to neglect thieir class to pay a majority of their attention to one child. How do they get their job done and complete their curriculum?
No way the can do the job.

I am checking the English and your sentence is not correct.

Re: Paraprofessionals

That's crap
That's bull$hit. I would have if I didn't have two jobs and kids. Look at all the years, about 15, there were only two officers MS and DF. They pleaded for help. No one stepped up and that was before DD worked here. We couldn't even get more than 15 people to show up for a meeting. So what now??? Work with rats who will sell us out??????

Something is not right with how this went down. You are correct everyone is doing there own thing and could care less what is going on among the union. Now look how MR and CT cleverly orchestrated this move because they disliked a officer. Lets build a better union and not let management interfere in union matters.

Melrose is losing all strength in the system and the residents have been fooled by Brad Huchisons and the rest of the reps. in the city. The school is what will bring a family to this city and they are being lied too.

Because
Everything on this string is gossip! Disgruntled employees spewing garbage.

You wish that were the case but its not the spewing garbage is the truth. Gossip is more than likely true.

In managements pocket
Paras I am with the teachers union which is also very weak now. The teachers can not take on the paras. You need to elect a president. I am very confused why you went to the superintendent to get permission to have a union meeting. This is a joke MR you are starting this to have management give you what ever you want. The meeting brought all the desperate paras that are not liking there position or principal. This now make the union even weaker. To have gone to the superintendent, who is management, was a bad move by the middle school.

Any union member who goes to the superintendent to request to use the schools email server to notify paraprofessionals of an up coming meeting has an agenda. They are working in collaboration with management. The email which was sent to all paraprofessionals in all schools contained confidential and sensitive information that management should not be included in. They are up to no good. You are fooling no one. Those two, MR & GS, are and have been in cahoots with management and in their pockets for years looking to sell out any fellow member if management wants them to. Why would someone do this? To get in, or so they think, with CT. They are under the belief that being a rat they are now invited in to the inner circle but in reality are being used by management to do their dirty work. Anyone who perpetrates inexcusable actions like this against any union members are despicable and should be throw out of the union. We all know who they are, what their true intentions are and think you are scum.[/quote]

Well folks the truth always comes out. They brought in a ringer. The shinning star to save the para union. [LG is friends with GS] you know one of the paras who went with MR to meet with CT for permission to utilize the MPS email server to email confidential union info for administrators to see. Like they didn't know already. All are best buds. Looks like it's true this was orchestrated this whole time by adm and union rats. What a sh¡t show this is going to be. You shouldn't quit your jobs you should quit the union as its once again in managements pocket.

True Statements
You want the truth? Here it is lock, stock, and barrel.

MR works behind the scenes for management. That's pretty obvious now with the email that came out on the MPS server after discussing what she wanted to do with the super. As it was union business and confidential, CT should have denied the request as it violates Chapter 150E. But she gave permission for two reasons: MR and her are buddies and CT would jump at the chance to hurt DD as DD reported racism, bullying of gay students, adherence to IEPs and in defence of Art Teacher KM with various government agencies. Some of these charges are still pending, MR always has feed information to get cushy position. It's not new news. Not a thought for other paras working like dogs. Till the nurse was booted, or you could say forced to leave after 28 years, MR, spent her days/years hanging out in the nurses office while others were multitasking. She has never held office in the union or offered to lend a helping hand. Her reasons for starting this witch hunt is personal and to assist administration humiliate and discredit DD. Doesn't matter if it's false, the damage is done. This is an attempt to help CT and the high priced outside attorneys, Nuttle... have documents to hurt RK (the terminated employee who was newly elected as VP and Secretary lose her job remove her as an officer and discredit her eye witness account s of racism towards black mentors and a non-white disabled student) and DD.

KF went with AC to complain about coworker LC to their principal. KF never informed the union or the other member being complained about that a complaint was lodged against her. This happened last year continued through this year. LC's alleged friends all knew but didn't tell LC what was occurring. KF was also the treasurer a few years back. She never made one deposit to the bank or payment to the MTA resulting in fines. She didn't remove outgoing members or incoming. She harassed a coworker with her principal to the point the coworker asked to be transferred out it was that bad. KB harassed another para DDC to the point she left and reported the harassment. She was removed from MFs class for humiliating a child over standing but not reciting the pledge of allegiance to the flag.

GS was booted from the Roosevelt by Cleary as was KB. The following year, GS had the parent of the child she was assigned to insist GS be immediately removed from their child. One of the reasons was during class time GS spent her days on the computer during class. The other issue was instead of taking the student to use the facilities in the nurses office she was assisting the student without a witness for the students sake. Not claiming she did anything sexually inappropriate it's just not her place and violates the student's privacy.

KB, what can I say. KB was the union VP and Secretary. While holding those two positions and representing a union member, RK. RK reported alleged racism by teacher SC who was hired by Berman. KB would leave the meeting she'd be representing RK at and report it to the teacher and Berman. Against MTA advice KB feed negative and false information to Farrell so they could have information, true or not, fire RK which they did. KB placed false derogatory remarks in writing and repeated statements RK made in confidence to KB as a union officer and told everyone. She did the same to DD. KB lied and said teacher SC never said its did any of the things RK reported as she was in the same class even though the mentors themselves told reporter Aaron Liebowitz as did other adults in the class. AL wanted to do a story on this but his editor went with him to see CT. The result, the story was killed and AL was reassigned out of Melrose to Malden. KB who was ousted from the Rosie due to repeatedly speaking negatively to a 3rd grade African American child. Transferred to the HM, she run out by staff: paras and teachers for assisting the HM principal in getting a new teacher fired.

It goes on and on. So who attended and we're the catalysts in holding the unofficial union meeting on June 1st which was sent out by MR on the school server with the union agenda and permission from CT?

MR, GS, KB, AC, KF some of their friends and a few other union members totalling 13 out of 80+.
Colleen is to be Lorraine's friend! Kathy we know what she's after. Colleen did this to a para at the Winthrop because she had to leave and go to the Roosevelt where she belongs.

It happens everywhere in a lot of the school districts in the area. Melrose is not fixing the problem either so it makes staff have resentment to each other.

What I am hearing from source's is some principals or teachers will allow paras to come in late, go home early, park in visitor parking areas and have no duties. Some teachers classrooms are off limits to call for a para to sub. for the day.

Friends like that who needs enemies. This is the reason so much remorse in the MPS. Send your children to other schools. If the top is not supporting your teachers it will never work, and it is effecting the kids.

Jill
What I am hearing from source's is some principals or teachers will allow paras to come in late, go home early, park in visitor parking areas and have no duties. Some teachers classrooms are off limits to call for a para to sub. for the day.

The para start and end times vary based on how admin schedules them- not for favors. Some children would be at a great safety risk if their paras are taken away during the day. Academic support is important, but safety should always be most important!

Violations when ever a para has to sub. for the day. You do not want me to give names on the employees that do this. So are you kidding me its done.

AFL-CIO
In managements pocket
union
Paras I am with the teachers union which is very weak now also. The teachers can not take on the paras you need to elect a president. I am very confused why you went to the superintendent to get permission to have a union meeting. This is a joke MR you are starting this to have management give you what ever you want. The meeting brought all the desperate paras that are not liking there position or principal. This now make the union even weaker to have gone to the superintendent who is management bad move to the middle school.

Any union member who goes to the superintendent to request to use the schools email server to notify paraprofessionals of an up coming meeting has an agenda. They are working in collaboration with management. The email which was sent to all paraprofessionals in all schools contained confidential and sensitive information that management should not be included in. They are up to no good. You are fooling no one. Those two, MR & GS, are and have been in cahoots with management and in their pockets for years looking to sell out any fellow member if management wants them to. Why would someone do this? To get in, or so they think, with CT AND receive compensation and not just monetary. They are under the belief that being a rat they are now invited in to the inner circle but in reality are being used by management to do their dirty work. Other paras have been doing this for years like KB, who. got a teacher at the HM fired and a para at MHS fired too. KB has reaped many rewards. Anyone who perpetrates inexcusable actions like this against any coworkers who are fellow union members are despicable and should be throw out of the union. We all know who they are, what their true intentions really are and think you are scum.

This would never be allowed or condoned in a strong union. "If" this was done those involved should be brought before the tribunal and dealt with. Parasites.
Change from the MTA not a strong union is what the teachers have been dealing with since Hillary lost.

Are You Kidding?
Violations when ever a para has to sub. for the day. You do not want me to give names on the employees that do this. So are you kidding me its done.

Request, to the business manager to show you all the times paras got paid for subbing this year. All violations on IEP's students. And the principals, staff and teachers know who they are that allowed this to happen. We are still 6 hour paras.

When teacher's have brown on their nose's they get to request what para they would like.

request
Are You Kidding?

Request, to the business manager to show you all the times paras got paid for subbing this year. All violations on IEP's students. And the principals, staff and teachers know who they are that allowed this to happen. We are still 6 hour paras.

Does MPS have a Business Manager?
The incompetent man at least sat with the SC members and was on camera.
Farrell hides her incompetence and hides from public view.

Business Manager?
request
Are You Kidding?

She hides from the camera cause she let a teacher down who needed help. I hope they offered him FMLA papers or another lawsuit in the works.

hides
Business Manager?
request
Are You Kidding?

She hides from the camera cause she let a teacher down who needed help. I hope they offered him FMLA papers or another lawsuit in the works.

It's all about the money in Melrose public schools.

"For one true measure of a nation is its success in fulfilling the promise of a better life for each of its members. Let this be the measure of our nation."[Owned]

Call HR and find out the reason the superintendent excludes the paras in the staff directory every year. Or call PWL vice superintendent and ask if this is a discrimination against the paras. Then their boss would be the SC and maybe they would see why everyone except the paras are in the staff directory.

CT said under her she refused to put the paras on the staff directory because they always are transferred to other schools

A incorrect post from Prof. Correctipa Jr. watch your post.

call HR
Call HR and find out the reason the superintendent excludes the paras in the staff directory every year. Or call PWL vice superintendent and ask if this is a discrimination against the paras. Then their boss would be the SC and maybe they would see why everyone except the paras are in the staff directory.
Why the lack of transparency? Do they not want the public to know

Horizon!
call HR

Ct feels the paras are nothing but ---- on a stick. Most of them will go to managenment and tell on one another and the super gets it.[Wink]

paras
Horizon!
call HR

Ct feels the paras are nothing but ---- on a stick. Most of them will go to managenment and tell on one another and the super gets it.[Wink]

The new union president is leaving Melrose. LG will not be performing her duties in the Melrose system. If a board or a new president steps up this would be greatly appreciated. If not the paras salary would be minimum wage. The union would demolish and have no contract.

new president
paras
Horizon!
call HR

The new union president is leaving Melrose. LG will not be performing her duties in the Melrose system. If a board or a new president steps up this would be greatly appreciated. If not the paras salary would be minimum wage. The union would demolish and paras will have no contract.

Something sounds fishy with this union situation to begin with. No one is trusting any union members. What is the MTA going to do now that we are abandoned?[Huhh]

fishy
new president
paras
Horizon!
call HR

The new union president is leaving Melrose. LG will not be performing her duties in the Melrose system. If a board or a new president steps up this would be greatly appreciated. If not the paras salary would be minimum wage. The union would demolish and paras will have no contract.

Something sounds fishy with this union situation to begin with. No one is trusting any union members. What is the MTA going to do now that we are abandoned.[Huhh]

"Good Afternoon,

I’ve received notification from Lisa Gentile that she will be leaving the Melrose School system. As Lisa had been voted in to become our new union President at the June 2017 para meeting, her departure leaves us with no leadership to represent our union.

According to our field rep from the MTA office, in the event no one steps up to become our new President our union will diminish, resulting in us becoming “Employees at Will.” Additionally, our contract would be voided, the City of Melrose could potentially pay us minimum wage, and we would no longer be eligible for pay increases.

I’m bringing this to your attention in the event you or another para from your building may be interested in a board position. If you are, please let me know as I’m happy to help facilitate with notifying the MTA. I completely understand the time commitment of this ask, as unfortunately I'm no longer able to step up as the union secretary due to additional responsibilities I’ve since committed to.

My apologies for emailing you regarding school related matters over the summer, however; given the adversities we would face without having a formal union, I wanted to bring this to your attention as soon as possible. If you could please pass this on to other paras from your school, it would be greatly appreciated to ensure we are all aware of this situation.

I hope you are all having a great summer.
Thank you,
Mary Lou Ruggiero"

We received the above email today from MLR. She is the para who collaborated with CT to use the MPS server to rig the para union election. The notice was to notify all paras (including CT as its her server) of MLR's para meeting with the agenda which included private info which CT could read. Now that LG is leaving MPS before even acting as president MLR won't step into a board role. We are stuck with no board members all because MLR and a few of her snitches didn't care for our union president? How many paras attended the meeting, 13 out of 80 and made a decision for all of us. Thanks a lot Marylou. You and your toadies GS and KB f****ed us all.

Para 2
fishy
new president
paras
Horizon!
call HR

Something sounds fishy with this union situation to begin with. No one is trusting any union members. What is the MTA going to do now that we are abandoned.[Huhh]

"Good Afternoon,

I’ve received notification from Lisa Gentile that she will be leaving the Melrose School system. As Lisa had been voted in to become our new union President at the June 2017 para meeting, her departure leaves us with no leadership to represent our union.

According to our field rep from the MTA office, in the event no one steps up to become our new President our union will diminish, resulting in us becoming “Employees at Will.” Additionally, our contract would be voided, the City of Melrose could potentially pay us minimum wage, and we would no longer be eligible for pay increases.

I’m bringing this to your attention in the event you or another para from your building may be interested in a board position. If you are, please let me know as I’m happy to help facilitate with notifying the MTA. I completely understand the time commitment of this ask, as unfortunately I'm no longer able to step up as the union secretary due to additional responsibilities I’ve since committed to.

My apologies for emailing you regarding school related matters over the summer, however; given the adversities we would face without having a formal union, I wanted to bring this to your attention as soon as possible. If you could please pass this on to other paras from your school, it would be greatly appreciated to ensure we are all aware of this situation.

Thank you,
Mary Lou Ruggiero"

We received the above email today from MLR. She is the para who collaborated with CT to use the MPS server to rig the para union election. The notice was to notify all paras (including CT as its her server) of MLR's para meeting with the agenda which included private info which CT could read. Now that LG is leaving MPS before even acting as president MLR won't step into a board role. We are stuck with no board members all because MLR and a few of her snitches didn't care for our union president? How many paras attended the meeting, 13 out of 80 and made a decision for all of us. Thanks a lot Marylou. You and your toadies GS and KB f****ed us all.

Oh great. We just got notification that should the superintendent choose to bring our pay down to minimum wage she has the right under federal wages to pay us under that which is $7.25 an hour. I agree with para 2 that marylo screwed the paraprofessionals. She's always been for management. Wouldnt surprise me if this was their plan from the beginning. Rodents are rampant in mps especially mms.

PARA 3
Para 2
fishy
new president
paras
Horizon!
call HR

RATS NEED NOT APPLY. Staff that went across the lines to management need not apply too.

"Good Afternoon,

Thank you,
Mary Lou Ruggiero"

Oh great. We just got notification that should the superintendent choose to bring our pay down to minimum wage she has the right under federal wages to pay us under that which is $7.25 an hour. I agree with para 2 that marylo screwed the paraprofessionals. She's always been for management. Wouldnt surprise me if this was their plan from the beginning. Rodents are rampant in mps especially mms.

[:))][:))][:))][:))][:))][:))][:))][:))][:))][:))][:))][:))][:))][:))][:))][:))]

Para 4. Your an ass and so obviously not an para.

No union or contract. No obligation on administration's part to offer paid time as in vacation weeks, holidays, personal time, sick time, longevity, PDP payment, no representation, no raises, no health insurance, no guarantee on hours, less than 20 hours no benefits, possible reduction in hourly pay. I hope everyone is aware just how serious this is. When you have a few union members conspire with management to control the outcome of who is in and out of office you know there is a ulterior motive or motives. MR and friends goal was to get a different president in office even though not a one of them were willing to do the job. But as far as administration goes, well their motives might have been darker, the dissolution of of the Para Union. Can't prove it. Might not be true. Wouldn't surprise me. Those who met with the powers that be were probably too stupid to realize what a dangerous game they were playing at every members expense. Shame on them.

Of course it was planned. How long are you paras going to let the treat you this way?

Why can't trader MLR take the presidents position till the paras come back and vote. We do not want the prier rats taking any position. We need the MTA's phone number. Is our rep. still Sam or Maryellen? This is another example of CT orchestrating against union members.We will never like everyone in the position just like DF could not stand MLR now we can understand why. What management job is MLR receiving for all the trading she did to all her members.

This is a very sad day for the paras. To think you were allowing someone to take over your union and it ends like this. No this is wrong and no old union members or rats are welcome to help in this situation. The union needs to take a vote this is still corrupted by staff and management. Well to find out that is why DD stayed in office the pass year so this could not happen. Be careful what you wish for. The rats that went to Panera please do not run for officer you are not to be trusted. MLR you should leave and take your pension we can never look at you the same.

[Angry][Angry][Angry]

Not for anything, but if the prior poster's language skills are indicative of the skills of all paras, we'd be better off if they were all let go. I don't want someone with such a poor command of the English language anywhere near my kids in a school setting.

Don't be a jerk. People are just typing their thoughts most likely on their phones. Who is this Marylou, someone from the mayor's office or admin? What's important is the message.

traders
Why can't trader MLR take the presidents position till the paras come back and vote. We do not want the prier rats taking any position. We need the MTA's phone number. Is our rep. still Sam or Maryellen? This is another example of CT orchestrating against union members.We will never like everyone in the position just like DF could not stand MLR now we can understand why. What management job is MLR receiving for all the trading she did to all her members.

Maryellen is our rep 1 413-834-1148. Right now her contact is Mary Lou. We want info we are supposed to go to Marylou of all people. Can anyone spell corruption? Collusion? Or you can call the MTA main office in Lynnfield. Just know, per our rep this is an internal problem. Translation, we are on our own to fix this. Tell me, what in the he11 have we been paying $20,000-$25,000 to the MTA/NEA for? Where is all our paperwork and financial? If Lisa quit she shouldn't have them. She was a plant, a shill for today's and adm. So are they with Mary Lou or the MTA? GOD I HOPE NOT. Personally, I think we should seek another union representation like AFSCME THE American Federation of State County and Municipal Employees.

Who is MLR? She needs to stop making an a$$ out of herself and family. From a union member not happy with the middle school paras, CT and Conway for allowing such a disaster for staff, parents and teachers. This is a disgrace and MLRAT caused this mess.

Ahhhhhhh, now I understand, she's not a "trader", but a "traitor". That makes more sense!

Hey, c'mon this is just a scare tactic for the paras and union members. CT is giving her favors, pardons, paybacks, and what ever you want to call it. Go Cyndy!

I'll admit I don't know much about this so I'm asking other paras. I know that we have had these officers in the past President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary. I received an email with an electronic voting ballot for nominations. It had positions on it that have never been held and I don't think are in our union laws. To change things I know a vote is needed. This nomination email came from Marylou. She is not, has not and will not accept any union position. She started all of this mess. Who is she to change what kind of officers our union has. The nomination form had no VP and adds new positions. It's not that I think we might need changes. Who in the hell is she, the troublemaker and advocate to management that put us in this God-awful position to make these changes without our concent? If it came from our MTA Representative, who are they to make these changes?? Also, who even is our MTA person??? We never see them. The old woman and the young guy used to just drop by to show there presence and randomly speak to us. This new person, Mary? is no where to be seen. Another question. One year I was absent. I called our then president Diane to ask if I could vote by giving my vote to her, by email, text. The answer was NO. AND...is Marylou able to see who nominated who???? Who counts the nominations????? There were no names to chose from. I realize because of this whole disastrous game drummed up by Marylou, I use her name as she emailed about the meeting and all of this, we, the paras are in this conundrum and need to do something fast, but knowing she is the person who placed herself in charge concerns me deeply. If her name or anyone who is not pro-union becomes an officer I will change over to agency fee. My friend does it. It's less than half the dues. I've always been a union person. My husband is in a union but man this is disgraceful!!!!!!!!! One thing I do agree with is with a prior poster who said SHAME ON YOU MARYLOU.

DO NOT VOTE! WE NEED MTA NUMBER AND EVERYONE CALL.

CALL 617 878 8102 NEA CALL ASAP TELL WHAT IS GOING ON.

The president of the union is DF and she files a grievance for the paras to receive $500 dollars around ten years ago? Now, that is around $5,000 thousand dollars superintendent Casey agreed with? MR who is acting like the nurses secretary and not a para, did she get the money also? So if the president distribute to all the paras in the system they would have receive around $50 dollars. Sound like it was not done fairly.

I was one of the paras that received the $500. The reason was Diane the then union secretary spied on another para's check. That para was late by about 1/2 HR. because of the start time to get her son to school. She explained it to Casey and Casey agreed that that para could come in late. He was accommodating her need with a young child. After spying on the check Diane and Marie went to Casey. He agreed to give $5,000 to the para union to disburse in lieu of a grievance. Diane F. and Marie. the then president decided to disburse the money only to the mms paras with one exception, Marie received it as well and she worked at the hs. We were told to keep it quite but we didn't know the reason why. It was sneaky and excluded other paras. Why Casey didn't reprimand Diane for opening another person's check I don't know. Yes Marylou got the $500 too even though while hired as a para she was doing data entry for he nurse, her yearly assignment. Marylou was offeed the higher paying after school job working in the library which should have been posted. But of course she was called down and offered it my Brow. How nice for her. She didn't even have to complete her regular job, just go up to the library by 2:00, double dipping her pay. Meanwhile the majority of other paras were working like dogs except Diane who had three of the six block days free because you know, the secretary of a union needs all that time for union business. Oh and the irony in all of this was Diane was late everyday from driving her hubby to the train. What a farce.

617-878 8102

MTA Lynnfield office
MARELLEN our rep, if not happy
VICTOR regional rep, her boss
ANN SULLIVAN director

617-878 8102

Dea Smellrose Paraprofesionals:
Most of yous guys shoulda gotten nomination pappas for those who might fill vacant litaship positions in ah paraprofesional unique. This act was en in an affit to quickly peserve ah leadaship structya as well as to protect ah union and my interests. Unfortunate, the nomination pappas included a deadline of August 2. This deadline shoulda and will be intended to Septemba, when ya have returned to ya positions and all membas can percolate on votin.
Furtha, I wanna be purrfectly clea: I HOLD NO LEAD-A-SHIP POSITION, am not self nominatin but put myself in charge, who cares what ya think I am a memba of the Smelrose paraprofesionals' Unix who offid to insist Lisa Gentile in her trans out of leadaship of less than won month - plant, and the Distract. I appreciate her effots in sending out an E-mail couraging parcipation by way of nominations in my name and my E-mail; howeva, in insultation with our field reckresentative, Maryelen Calderwood, OHHHHH THATS WHO IT IS, it become clea that the nomination pappas SENT BY LISA UNDER MY NAME AND MY E-MAIL ADDRESS shoul'dnt have precluded a deadline. Oh no, not that. Neitha one of us were aware of this as im not too brite and I am now seeking to corect the era. All membas will also receive this writen notice via First-Class Snail Mail.
To this end, thank cod, please regard the deadline of August 2 as me being stoopid. Once skool begins, we will come togetha, right now, ova me. as won onion, too decide who should lead us. Until then MA$$hole$, you can continue to send in donations. Gastly, please talk to ya colegues so that we can be sure to find out who put the dogs out, who who woof.
Ya self anointed rodent.

Of Course
Of course it was planned. How long are you paras going to let the treat you this way?

Their's Paras in Trouble, you are so right poster, of course it was planned. Someone stopped the process till the paras come back to school. So true," when are you paras going to stop letting them treat you this way." [Message]

People to know
617-878 8102

MTA Lynnfield office
MARELLEN our rep, if not happy
VICTOR regional rep, her boss
ANN SULLIVAN director

Great to have! I will transfer those numbers in my phone now. I still thought Sam was our rep. I am not happy to know the president in a few weeks left this union officer's position.

Great to have! I will transfer those numbers in my phone now. I still thought Sam was our rep. I am not happy to know the president in a few weeks left this union officer's position.[/quote]

Good riddance. She's in the Mickey Mouse Club. We don't need another rodent. LG = Large Gopher as she'll go for anything MLR GS KB CT tell her to.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7