Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Author
Comment
Re: Paraprofessionals

You have to feel some what bad she was set up. LG, she was not dumb, she saw through the big picture. MR, KB, GS, DF, and the rest like administration.

It is my belief she was part of the whole shebang. Get her hands on union docs then steps down. Hey who has those records now? No officers? I have confidential stuff filed with the union from a few years back. Marylou and her cohorts and management better NOT be reading through our confidential files. This is so wrong. WE PAY DUES. MTA WHERE IN THE H E DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS ARE YOU? This is absolutely unacceptable. When I see M I'm gonna give her a piece of my mind. Who is she to mess with our livelihoods. I need the insurance. I hope everyone finds out exactly what she is.

I have a friend, who is big with the union, she is trying to get in touch with, Help me Hank, and Solve it Seven. This is in regards to what has transpired with the paras union scandal, by Marylou, Maryellen and Cyndy. The union is never to use a server of the superintendents. In any other city this would of been on the front page news. I also, let her know that they were trying to have this vote by August 2nd. This is because they assume everyone is away and barely checking emails. I have told her how it feels corrupted and all union members young, old are saying they never heard of such a confusing case. The corrupt three thought this were to go through with flying colors. Guess what, it backed fired on them as soon as the new president said bye-bye! So stay tuned to see the results of the paras union disagreement. Most of the paras want someone new and improved to take charge of this weak union.[Champagne]

Re MTA inadequate

News stations
I have a friend, who is big with the union, she is trying to get in touch with, Help me Hank, and Solve it Seven. This is in regards to what has transpired with the paras union scandal, by Marylou, Maryellen and Cyndy. The union is never to use a server of the superintendents. In any other city this would of been on the front page news. I also, let her know that they were trying to have this vote by August 2nd. This is because they assume everyone is away and barely checking emails. I have told her how it feels corrupted and all union members young, old are saying they never heard of such a confusing case. The corrupt three thought this were to go through with flying colors. Guess what, it backed fired on them as soon as the new president said bye-bye! So stay tuned to see the results of the paras union disagreement. Most of the paras want someone new and improved to take charge of this weak union.[Champagne]

The bigger picture here is the inadequate representation of the MTA, for both teachers and paras.

Paraprofessional is the name for over ten years now. The prior name was Teacher's Aide. NOw, Ms. Driscoll is tyying to have CT think about not hiring paras. They want to go another avenue. If the Melrose parars do not take a stand this could be the situation for Melrose.

[Confused][Confused][Confused][Confused] YOU have a 8 year officer in the paras union? MLR comes along with CT and wants to remove her because she don't play management? MLR has a meeting to remove her and not take a position? Then takes a secretaries position because she looks foolish? Then they set up a fake president who leaves in a few weeks? She was pressured? And MLR still can not step up to the plate. Need to get a fresh face in the union that will not play management if not paras are long gone.

confused
[Confused][Confused][Confused][Confused] YOU have a 8 year officer in the paras union? MLR comes along with CT and wants to remove her because she don't play management? MLR has a meeting to remove her and not take a position? Then takes a secretaries position because she looks foolish? Then they set up a fake president who leaves in a few weeks? She was pressured? And MLR still can not step up to the plate. Need to get a fresh face in the union that will not play management if not paras are long gone.

1. MLR has talks with CT about para union
2. MLR puts out union meeting notice on school server after receiving CTs approval on the correspondence.
3. LG becomes Pres, get files
4. MLR becomes Sec
5. LG steps down and quits all Melrose jobs within a month, gives files to MLR
6. MLR steps down as Sec, keeps files which were turned over to her but she's no longer an officer
7. MLR sends out 2 more emails telling paras what to do which had bogus, incorrect information and makes at least three changes to our bylaws without member approval or vote from members
8. Why are our files still with MLR?
9. Why is the MTA Para Rep only working with MLR?
10. What were the true intentions behind the talks between MLR and CT?
TIME TO SPEAK UP, SPEAK OUT. CALL YOUR UNION REP AT THE MTA, CALL HER BOSSES. DO SOMETHING INSTEAD OF SITTING ON THE SIDELINES. IT'S YOUR FUTURE AND IT IS IN DANGER OF CRUMBLING.

Please, if your six sense is telling you that the process is not being done fairly by Marylou, Maryellen, and management call VICTOR RASADO 1800 421 3332 AND 1800 336 1118. He want's to hear from the union paras that pay for this type of service. VICTOR RASADO 1800 421 3332 AND 1800 336 1118.

I was there
I was one of the paras that received the $500. The reason was Diane the then union secretary spied on another para's check. That para was late by about 1/2 HR. because of the start time to get her son to school. She explained it to Casey and Casey agreed that that para could come in late. He was accommodating her need with a young child. After spying on the check Diane and Marie went to Casey. He agreed to give $5,000 to the para union to disburse in lieu of a grievance. Diane F. and Marie. the then president decided to disburse the money only to the mms paras with one exception, Marie received it as well and she worked at the hs. We were told to keep it quite but we didn't know the reason why. It was sneaky and excluded other paras. Why Casey didn't reprimand Diane for opening another person's check I don't know. Yes Marylou got the $500 too even though while hired as a para she was doing data entry for he nurse, her yearly assignment. Marylou was offeed the higher paying after school job working in the library which should have been posted. But of course she was called down and offered it my Brow. How nice for her. She didn't even have to complete her regular job, just go up to the library by 2:00, double dipping her pay. Meanwhile the majority of other paras were working like dogs except Diane who had three of the six block days free because you know, the secretary of a union needs all that time for union business. Oh and the irony in all of this was Diane was late everyday from driving her hubby to the train. What a farce.

This para did not have a china men's chance in MVMS. You had DH secretary informing DF every single move she made. She is no longer a the middle school. In another elementary school in Melrose.

I am a para that left sooner than I wanted too. The system is not working for me and the added stress is horrible for my health. I do know what happened at the middle school with MR and DF. DF took out a grievance against MR cause DF had so many complaints on MR just in the office with the nurse. The grievance won and MR had to start being with students. Not sure if they ever talked again. I myself would not trust MR for my life she cares about only herself. WATCH OUT PARAS!

paras
I am a para that left sooner than I wanted too. The system is not working for me and the added stress is horrible for my health. I do know what happened at the middle school with MR and DF. DF took out a grievance against MR cause DF had so many complaints on MR just in the office with the nurse. The grievance won and MR had to start being with students. Not sure if they ever talked again. I myself would not trust MR for my life she cares about only herself. WATCH OUT PARAS!

What I recall when working at MVMMS was this poor older woman named Voila. I didn't really know her. Brow or PPS assigned her to three students of various ages. That poor woman ran those stairs from the second floor to the fourth for the beginning and end of each class for each student. Every class every day. No breaks. She looked like she was going to drop. After a few years all that running around caught up with her. I'm not sure if she had a heart attack or was leading up to one but her poor body and all that stress took its toll. She was out a long while with surgery and recovery. I hope she had time on the books or belonged to the Sick Leave Account. It would be hard enough recovering but with no money. I don't know. Some of us offered to help even though we had our own heavy load while MR sat in the nurses office with her friend nurse Barb. They had their own little kitchen, food desserts coffee, visits from TB and MS. It was the hang out of all hang outs. You are right. MR looks out for MR period. I don't blame Diane for trying to get MR doing a para job that which she was hired for. Diane was right about that for sure. Voila eventuslliy recovered though looked unwell, came back a short stint then left. They drain you of everything. You give and you give until you can take no more physically, emotionally, financially bankrupt. Welcome to Melrose Schools.

The correct information on who crossed union lines to vote at Paneras. Marylou Ruggiero, Gayle Sweet. Gail Williams, Carole Bruni, Joanne Burns, Kathy Farr, Allyson Clark, Colleen Cunningham, Lorraine Centore, Ann McCarthy and more. Oh yeah, the big cheese Kathy Bourque with the fake prez. Lisa Gentile. Shame on this corruption you fell for.

X para
The correct information on who crossed union lines to vote at Paneras. Marylou Ruggiero, Gayle Sweet. Gail Williams, Carole Bruni, Joanne Burns, Kathy Farr, Allyson Clark, Colleen Cunningham, Lorraine Centore, Ann McCarthy and more. Oh yeah, the big cheese Kathy Bourque with the fake prez. Lisa Gentile. Shame on this corruption you fell for.

The list is accurate and the missing para was Jill Cefalo. Personally I thought it was mainly to be an end of the year thing, but it was primary union stuff. I feel was tricked. Prejudicial, one sided and half-truths. I don't believe anything mr days from this point on.

Re: Parap

scare tactic
Hey, c'mon this is just a scare tactic for the paras and union members. CT is giving her favors, pardons, paybacks, and what ever you want to call it.

IT IS A SCARE TACTIC. I HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR AS I RETIRED LAST FALL. IN THE SECRETARIAL UNION WE HAD NO OFFICERS FOR A GOOD TWO YEARS. WE STILL PAID OUR DUES AND IF THERE WAS A PROBLEM OUR MTA FIELD REPS JILL THEN SAM CAME IN TO REPRESENT. WE WERE EVENTUALLY ACCEPTED UNDER THE MEA BUT OUR DUES WENT WAY UP AND WE WERE FAR FROM THEIR TOP PRIORITY. I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND GOING THAT ROUTE. IF YOUR FIELD REPRESENTATIVE IS TELLING YOU YOU'LL FOLD AS A UNION AND LOSE ALL YOUR BENES SHE'S USING A SCARE TACTIC TO CON YOU INTO RUNNING, NOT BEING TRUTHFUL, AND NOT DOING HER JOB. FROM READING THIS IT APPEARS HER MOUTHPIECE WHO'S SENDING YOU THIS MISINFORMATION IS JUST AS BAD IF NOT WORSE BECAUSE SHE IS ONE OF YOU, WELL SUPPOSED TO BE THOUGH NOT ACTING IN YOUR BEST INTERESTS. GOOD LUCK!

To the paras union, this is from Margaret Driscoll herself, with the mayor and other administration to get you out! ALL, of the paras need to stay strong and pass this paras union to the next generation. Not just the selected ones that administration believes they won over. Never go to management you will never win there is a method behind the madness.

Para members, you should have received a letter from the MTA office, Victor Rosado with a attachment from MLR. I'd like to point a few things out. In MLR 2nd letter she states Lisa made the error in the deadline date and sent the first email out. That came from MLR, and signed by Marylou's email.Then, she blames it on Lisa. It also states our field rep. told them of the mistake. This is not true I know for a fact a fellow member contacted Victor prior to MLR correction letter. If it was not for this para voting would have been incorrect and some paras excluded from voting.

Upon reviewing the school calendar I noticed that not only is Monday day a teacher professional development day but Tuesday is as well. This means paras do not go to school until Wednesday. Remember, me never could work on Teacher PD, we had to take if off unpaid. It was negotiated to stretch out our pay that we get less per week to cover any unpaid days. So, we have those days off with pay no matter what day Teacher PD falls on. Repeat, we have it off with pay. When you receive your assignments at the end of this month if it says you work Monday or Tuesday call Maryellen to rectify this. Everyone who receives an earlier start day is not obligated to go. Telling us to do so would violate our contract. This goes for all eight schools, Franklin through HS.

Marylou who is she? She think's she is the cat's meow[Cat3]! All 13 voter's

should be ashamed of themselves. Even if you did not know what Marylou was up

to you should NOT have voted at all.

I am a para in the union. If any of the 13 are elected into office, I am switching to Agency Fee.

That's a good idea. Let's see how the MTA likes loosing out on all that money. If lots of us did that it would mean thousands of dollars lost to the MTA and cost us half. Maybe then they'll get off their butts.

Reality sinking in
Don't be a jerk. People are just typing their thoughts most likely on their phones. Who is this Marylou, someone from the mayor's office or admin? What's important is the message.

Counting down the days til school begins and this wretched ordeal is ironed out. I have a bad feeling about this and not just for the paraprofessionals.

It doesn't' quite add up. Enjoying your summer days? Do not go angry into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Mean Arrogant Relentless Yellow Liar Obtuse Ugly Rude Under-cover Ghastly Gross Evil Repulsive Ignorant Ominous

X para

Thank you for telling the truth. Thank you to the person who provided the MTA phone numbers and contacts.
At this point in time we should just move forward. Being fairly new I would just like to see us gain a brand new board of officers away from anyone or thing that is tainted.
The truth is out there. Maybe some new blood with new people then we will get past all this with time.

Re: unprofessionals

Thank you
X para

Thank you for telling the truth. Thank you to the person who provided the MTA phone numbers and contacts.
At this point in time we should just move forward. Being fairly new I would just like to see us gain a brand new board of officers away from anyone or thing that is tainted.
The truth is out there. Maybe some new blood with new people then we will get past all this with time.

I appreciate bringing those who were a part of this member-management game-rig to the surface. It's CT's last year she could be planning ??? with those who opposed her. Glad I'm in the middle..not a rat..not a brown-noser..just a face in the crowd. That doesn't mean I don't see what's going on in and out of the schools. I guess the definition of the word union has been removed from Webster's as so many don't know the meaning.

I did not vote for Lisa or Marylou for this union corruption.

Watch and listen to the position Mary Lou receive's this year. Also, still waiting to see if Kathy B. gets the coach job without a degree. For all the corruption they have done to the system and more.

..............or when sounding like "a", as in neighbor and weigh.
(and of course the incorrect possessive)

Opps, my error, it is after "c"!

Good luck to all the paras and teachers in the upcoming year....let's start fresh

Shelley
Good luck to all the paras and teachers in the upcoming year....let's start fresh

Repeat that to the 13 union members that crossed the lines.

X para
Jill Cefalo

If only DD and CC would stop posting!!

Done
If only DD and CC would stop posting!!

If I have something to say I put my name on it. I did not write or have anything to do with the list above. If you have something to say about me or accusing me have the guts to say it to my face or sign your name.

Do Not Read Melrose Messages if you do not like what is being said. The truth always hurts and posters should put peoples initials and not their full names. Paras are known to do the blame game a lot. I am not a para and I see how jealous they are of one another.

Nancy, in the real world you should be able to let your employee know if you are being bullied, sexual harassed, hostile or a prejudicial remarks or actions. People have gone to administration, principals and PWL with very little results. Most of the employees will not go in fear of retaliation.

Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.[:))]

Stay positive and happy. Work hard and don't give up hope. Be open to criticism and

keep learning. Surround yourself with happy, warm and genuine people.

Would like to know if a teacher has left the school because of some paras dislike for her and she quit?

How did the paras do on positions? Soon find out how PWL did her agenda based on the paras cooperation.

Melrose is tapped out,maxed out.

real world
Nancy, in the real world you should be able to let your employee know if you are being bullied, sexual harassed, hostile or a prejudicial remarks or actions. People have gone to administration, principals and PWL with very little results. Most of the employees will not go in fear of retaliation.

After all, retaliation and intimidation are the hallmarks of the Melrose School Administration's complaint process; institutionalized in fact. Go ask OCR. They have much more information from complainants then you would ever know. Melrose residents only viewed OCR's summary report, but not the evidence compiled from all the victims.

I don't trust nobody and nobody trust me...[:)]

Paras need to watch who they associate with because then you get targeted by management. This is what makes them sneaky paras. [LookAround]

paras
Paras need to watch who they associate with because then you get targeted by management. This is what makes them sneaky paras. [LookAround]

Are you trying to say that if you hang with someone management dislikes you're afraid you'll be targeted too? I have two things to say on that subject.
I. If management judges someone by who they associates with and takes negative action against them is atrocious.
II. If you go along with this and disassociate from someone based on who management deems inappropriate you are a coward plain and simple and unworthy of friendship. That coworker is better off without you in their life.
We teach our children to come to the defense of others and you, an adult are too chicken sh*t to stand up. Coward is an understatement.

This whole string demonstrates the toxic infection that permeates everything now, starting with the lowest paid paras, whom CT (and her thugs like BC and the elem principals and MF) are playing against each other. This administration is absolutely plagued with this poisonous atmosphere. Both the SC and BOA and the the citizenry share responsibility because they've allowed this monstrous administration to behave in amoral and illegal fashion for a number of years now. The public has no idea how many lawsuits, grievances, SPED actions are brewing as a direct and costly result not only to the tax rolls but to the reputation of the district. It is the continued assault on staff and students and the general degradation of values and standards that has resulted in a district with a majority of teachers being the least-qualified and a huge proportion in Needs Improvement. The majority of qualified veteran teachers have left, most unhappily leaving much sooner than they would have otherwise (despite lower pay), and the best qualified educators cannot be hired here because they won't even apply due to the lousy reputation. Those that did are leaving quickly, many within weeks of arriving when they discover just how awful the teaching environment truly is. Wake up Melrose! This is as much on parents and pols as it is on CT, RD, and the totality of the horrendous school committee.

CT RD and MD Toxicity
This whole string demonstrates the toxic infection that permeates everything now, starting with the lowest paid paras, whom CT (and her thugs like BC and the elem principals and MF) are playing against each other. This administration is absolutely plagued with this poisonous atmosphere. Both the SC and BOA and the the citizenry share responsibility because they've allowed this monstrous administration to behave in amoral and illegal fashion for a number of years now. The public has no idea how many lawsuits, grievances, SPED actions are brewing as a direct and costly result not only to the tax rolls but to the reputation of the district. It is the continued assault on staff and students and the general degradation of values and standards that has resulted in a district with a majority of teachers being the least-qualified and a huge proportion in Needs Improvement. The majority of qualified veteran teachers have left, most unhappily leaving much sooner than they would have otherwise (despite lower pay), and the best qualified educators cannot be hired here because they won't even apply due to the lousy reputation. Those that did are leaving quickly, many within weeks of arriving when they discover just how awful the teaching environment truly is. Wake up Melrose! This is as much on parents and pols as it is on CT, RD, and the totality of the horrendous school committee.

Please understand - this is what Melrose wants - a dysfunctional school committee and BOA - that's exactly what they have been voting on for the past 10 years! Nothing will change until Dolan is voted out and the SC has a complete change of members - and this may not happen for decades! And this has nothing to do with national politics - just local patronage and corruption! Remember - this is one party state with no balance of thought!

Thinking before you speak or do something. It's about knowing that every day, the choices we make can and will affect our lives. It's about being accountable for our choices in life. We have the right to make our decisions every day, and every day is a new day. But will the school committee make good decisions and the superintendent Cyndy Taymore?Lesson to be learned: Change the school superintendent . short of this nothing changes.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7