Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New Roosevelt Principal's Call to Action !

The Web site up and running thank you .

The principal at the rosie has more conflicts of interest. She allows children in the school if the parents work in the rosie. One year she had so many parents and children in the same school. ALSO her friends she brought into the system they quietly run around and tell on everyone. This is a big conflict in the school. She is the one that lets this take place in her school and CT should not allow this type of behavior.

kids everywhere
One of the SC said just fill the schools with students so it looks full even if they don't live in Melrose. I know they have school choice but this is out of control. The students that are coming in without any type of information to know if they live in Melrose of in another city. Hope CT is not doing favors for the surrounding cities to have the schools look full. I pay a lot of taxes to live here and I hope that's not what is going on.

Oh please, this makes no sense at all. Which SC said this, and when and where? I believe the number of students admitted to Melrose Schools through school choice is determined in advance by grade and included in the school budget. Now, if you have something credible to bring forth, by all means do so.

I work at the Lincoln and the students are increasing. The class numbers have increased maybe its school choice.

Everyone should be helping each other in a situation that is stressful. Employees need to stick together in times of difficulties. Change and work hard for the children in your school. Stop all the talk on what is bad turn this around. More and more employees come to me and say how rude people are here. This is not what we should be teaching and students pick up on this also.

Principal Cleary has to be one of the best employee the Roosevelt school has ever had. Her and Mitchell ran that school the best. Mitchell did some great hires with the staff learning inclusive and ABA. I worked with them years ago and it was great.

Principal Clery and Ms. Jones worked well together. The two kept the staff respecting each other.

Clery only cared about herself. She knew how to work the system which was great. Her position now is assistance superintendent in a very educated school system. Her employees loved to come to work and were hardly out sick.

Another Voice
I hate to say this, but I truly believe that the parents, teachers, and paras at the Roosevelt would not like any principal that was hired. Just watch, everyone will dislike the next one too, and the one after that.

Also, the kids at the Roosevelt are way out of control because there are so many of them. The teachers and paras have no real authority over them. You can threaten the kids to loose recess or some other thing. The kids will tell their parents and the teacher will get in trouble. So many student trouble makers there. Charter Schools won't take them, so we are stuck with them. They just need a kick in the butt, but no-one will give them one.

MBM if the parents are involved in the school, or has given expensive items, brings food to MBM, or children who are smart, those children's parents will never get a phone call and no punishment at all. Is that being inclusive or fair?

staff
I am making now the money I made seven years ago when Mitchell started a group of paras learning the process of ABA. It was interesting and the money was great. Anyone know where Ms. Mitchell went on to teaching?

I am not sure but learned she went with Keri Cleary.

Red Raiders
"We are the Red Raiders" is the proclamation by the new Roosevelt School Principal.

Race based names and stereotypes in this day and age are insensitive and ignorant.
Great start for the 4th Roosevelt Principal in 6 years.

What happened to the rosie posie needs to be put back together again. This reads like it could of been Principal Marybeths first fib. Couldn't put the rosie back together again. Fourth principal in six years maybe start moving some of the teachers to other schools. Marybeth brought a lot of conflict of interest to the Roosevelt.

That is so funny but sad because kids are involved in the schools. I think the HM has the most absentee's between all the schools she need to get out fast.

Worst principal that ever came to the Roosevelt school. This is including the old school before it was rebuilt. She is not a honest person and most see her for what she is.

All principals need to go and start with interviewing first second be diverse to all cultures. This is the city that if you were born and raised here you get the job.

Parents should let the children be who they are and not change their identity for your needs. This is a minor child let this human grow and develop before you change your child permanently. Let he or she dress like a boy or girl let it go and watch the progress.

MBM needs to go with all her hand picked butt- kissers too.

Needs of the system is female bathrooms. I was teaching and could not go to the bathroom on the floor I worked on. The school is so over crowded at this time.

Is Mr. Goodwin still the PE teacher? Every time my kids come home they tell me Mr. Goodwin was not in school again and they had a sub. I believe its a teacher in the school who is taking over for him. I was told by staff he hurt himself in school and they have not replaced the new PE teacher yet. To many long term teachers are leaving the Roosevelt under this new administration.

He is still the gym teacher at the Roosevelt school at this time.

G

Speaking of PWL, did anyone else see Pattie White Lambright on the Rachael Ray show last week? She stood up to ask a question to 90210 star Luke Perry who was a guest on the show.

WOW!

This is the finally request for help at the Roosevelt school. It is a disaster and no one is coming to help. Principal MBM is not asking for help and using all her resources within the school? Some staff are doing more than just the job they have this is how she makes staff resent her. Everyone knows a vice principal is needed in the school and MBM insist not to have a VP.

Who would be VP at the school if MBM placed a teacher? Maybe staff would not want this person from past experience. MBM may not trust this teacher along with staff members.

No way SD would be the worst VP, she smiles in your face and talks behind your back with her few teacher friends on her floor. She needs to stop her talking about teachers in the Roosevelt.

The fake school and staff are breathing in the rosie. The staff are butt-kissing MBM everyday and it is so fun to watch. Staff are coming in late leaving early taking vacations. Some do not call the absent line and say it was down. Staff is running the school and telling MBM what to do.

Red Raiders
"We are the Red Raiders" is the proclamation by the new Roosevelt School Principal.

Race based names and stereotypes in this day and age are insensitive and ignorant.
Great start for the 4th Roosevelt Principal in 6 years.[/q

New Roosevelt Principal's Call to Action!

No crossing guard on Melrose St. Monday, March 20th. This is a dangerous 4 way stop sign. Who is responsible for this oversight that children were crossing themselves. The principal, schools, or the mayor? I made a call to the Mayor Dolan's office.

I called the police to tell them no one was crossing children at Melrose St. The police said to call the schools. Spoke to the secretary at the Roosevelt School and she said it would be taken care of immediately. Then in the afternoon no crossing guard again. Is the business manager taking away crossing guards now? How much more can they cut back on.

The Roosevelt principal should be gone by the end of the year. She is the worst the school has ever hired. CT hired her so she will not let her go yet. When CT is on her way out she is taking this principal with her. Most of the butt-kissers will still be kissing the next principals butt. MM has violated all IEPs at the Roosevelt along with some staff. Parents you need to stand up for your children this is not the principal she has you believing.

More violations at the Roosevelt school. Children's IEPs are not being followed.

This is the school that the PTO has parents believing that it's ok what Ms. Maronto is doing to our school. Well, this PTO is not correct and someone needs to step-up and help quickly. I have watched the PTO let all this go by and recklessness continues with IEPs broken, absents, and staff leaving. Or is this what the PTO wants for your children?

The Roosevelt school is still violating IEPs everyday parents need to call.

The new PTO is only caring what to recycle in the café at lunch time.

Could someone let me know how many people have come and gone from the Roosevelt because of one principal?[Reporter]

[Typing][Printer][Calendar][Compmouse][Computer][Message][Trash][Yellowfolder][Files][Notes][Pens][Tabloid]

So a empty school...[:))][Calendar][Apencil][Acrayon][Pushpin][Telephone][Clip][Hour][:)s][Bat][Mouse][Ant][Raven] Ravens or Red Raiders?

The Roosevelt use to be such a nice school and staff were respectful to each other. This is to many staff leaving because of one person what is wrong with the superintendent.

Only if you work in Melrose you will get the job. The secretary got the job because her mom works for the DPW. No diverse in Melrose anymore. I was to get the job I was told.[:-?]

Not from Melrose
Only if you work in Melrose you will get the job. The secretary got the job because her mom works for the DPW. No diverse in Melrose anymore. I was to get the job I was told.[:-?]

And then they read your posts on Melrose Messages and realized you could not string a sentence together.[:-|]

Not the issue you bring up its that Melrose residents will get the job without interviews.

Still violating all IEP's at the school and more teachers allowing this to happen. They should be fined or lose their license for this behavior.

The summer school para/teacher for a student should of been this students para. Instead a para whisks in and takes the job this pass year. The summer school para/teacher should of been first priority. This para needs more sitting down and doing ABA. It would of been a smarter move by MBM to have had this happen. This para has worked with this student for years during the summer program.

For the love of God, please take a remedial English course.

This principal should be the first too go along with the Lincoln principal. CT she has no idea how to hire. The Melrose schools are a disgrace.

Please
For the love of God, please take a remedial English course.

GB you are a second grade teacher not a English major.

We are not here for the English, spelling, phases, grammar, nothing to do with it at all. We are here to explain what is going on in our schools. I pay taxes and have the right to know what is going on in the schools. I don't care how the words are said as long a I can read it. This city is never going to change because its the same people over again without hiring diverse employees to the staff.

New jobs on school spring in the summer. What goes around comes around paras 2017-2018.

What goes around comes around when you are greedy.

No help for the Roosevelt and Lincoln school. No help for students on IEP's.

Roosevelt needs a assistant principal. The school is violation IEP's and parents are complaining that PWL will not return calls. Eve the secretary is listening to parents calling to ask why their child has not had services. Why CT didn't fire PWL when she first came on as superintendent is her first mistake.

The phone number781.979-2160 and her name is Patricia White-Lambright or 781-979-2294 that is the Superintendent Of School and her name is Cyndi Taymore.

1 2 3 4