Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
school Commitee violation of law

No agenda packet listed for this Tuesday's school committee meeting meeting yet again. Supposed to be posted by yesterday, Friday.

Re: school Commitee violation of law

It's like a kid in a candy store. The big shots are loving that no one is watching them. People are away and they will slide things forward. One thing about the Melrose community, you need a firecracker up their you know what to get them moving.[Fire]

Is this the annual "pot of cash" for admin raises meeting?

I believe so. Negotiation with administrators, mea, litigation with teachers union, personal report of who's leaving.

Another violation
No agenda packet listed for this Tuesday's school committee meeting meeting yet again. Supposed to be posted by yesterday, Friday.

http://melrosecityma.iqm2.com/Citizens/FileOpen.aspx?Type=14&ID=2917&Inline=True

Took me two seconds to find. Learn how to search before posting inaccurate statements.

Who is leaving now? Not the right people.

Re: SC packet

Google for Dummies - Get the Book
Another violation

http://melrosecityma.iqm2.com/Citizens/FileOpen.aspx?Type=14&ID=2917&Inline=True

Took me two seconds to find. Learn how to search before posting inaccurate statements.

Dear Google for Dummies poster,

The only dummy here is you. I just checked the SC website under IQM2. The agenda is listed as was stated previously; however, the packet was not just as the above person stated. I think you can open your mouth and insert your foot now dick head.

Sincerely,
Someone who's actually opened a book and read it.

The materials are sort of there, just not in a packet per se but scattered in their idiotic "Snapshot" separate documents, meaning probably that someone even more idiotic than DH was put in charge of posting the meeting materials and did not know how to do it properly. By law the agenda is there and it looks like most of what would have been in the packet is, though it's the usual poor quality and stupidity of both content and presentation, with the added stupidity of not having been compiled into a packet appropriately.

It is not where it's supposed to be. Where it always has been. I had to search under date, doc type etc. I don't know if it was a mistake or deliberate. Makes me curious to what they might be hiding. I noticed on the personnel report not one para is listed and a number of paras have retired. What else aren't they telling us?

Why do the MPS need so many PARAS?....are the teachers unqualified/unable to handle their students/classrooms?....Are the kids so stressed by their stressed teachers? The poor teachers are treated {bullied} by Cyndy and company) MPS admins treat their staffs the way Trump treats his "inner circle"....the MPS are a mess....waiting to see if any SC or BOA candidates question anything about the schools.....hopefully, candidates will show some courage....not too hopeful with kiss ass Zwirko, Jen McNasty (MEF/Override Queen) and sycophant Manisha who repeatedly shows her colors.....

Most of you people still don't get it. This is Melrose, where the average voter has the attention span of a garden slug. Doughboy will endorse Jen McNasty, and she will win election. Only a few will even remember she was one of the driving forces behind that stupid override debacle. Then she will have her hand in the cookie jar, and the MEF mommies will be calling the shots, with Doughboy backing them at every turn, and they won't even have the courtesy to give you a reacharound while they're sticking it up your a$$ - again. Talk about the fox guarding the chicken coop! You idiots deserve exactly what you're getting.

Paras work very hard for the most part. They get paid very little for what the system expect's of them. Paras got a big slap in the face when CT came to Melrose. She eliminated the paras from the school directory and more. Teacher's union is staying clear of the paras. situation. A lot of teachers want to eliminate the paras too. Principal's were informed by administration to not let them go to the union, work it out yourself. Where do we go from here?

Worried paras? Call VICTOR ROSADO he feel's like us a fair process. His number is 1800 421 3332 and 1800 336 1118 tell him your concern's or leave a message, he works out of 2 offices. He is the man that agreed to stop this AUGUST 2, 2017 vote. and wait for all paras to have the proper notification.

PARAS ?
Why do the MPS need so many PARAS?....are the teachers unqualified/unable to handle their students/classrooms?....Are the kids so stressed by their stressed teachers? The poor teachers are treated {bullied} by Cyndy and company) MPS admins treat their staffs the way Trump treats his "inner circle"....the MPS are a mess....waiting to see if any SC or BOA candidates question anything about the schools.....hopefully, candidates will show some courage....not too hopeful with kiss ass Zwirko, Jen McNasty (MEF/Override Queen) and sycophant Manisha who repeatedly shows her colors.....

The teachers need to teach. Paymore needs to retire or be fired. We don't need so many paras. I voted for the Override even though Jen McAndrews is a witch. She lied and manipulated people during the Override referendum. I do hope she wins a SC seat because she will drive Margaret Driscoll crazy and try and grab power. They can seat her right next to the felon. I was an MEF mom but happily send my kids to the Charter School since last year. The Melrose Patch released rankings of high schools today showing how poorly MHS is rated.

The schools use most of the tax $ !
The "data driven results" prove waste and poorly qualified administrators don't deserve their salaries or retirement pensions

A fitting thought on the day that tax bill payments were due!

and next week, water and sewer

Dillon
Google for Dummies - Get the Book
Another violation

Dear Google for Dummies poster,

The only dummy here is you. I just checked the SC website under IQM2. The agenda is listed as was stated previously; however, the packet was not just as the above person stated. I think you can open your mouth and insert your foot now dick head.

Sincerely,
Someone who's actually opened a book and read it.
The school committee meeting wasn't posted on the city calendar. It was held illegally, just like the last one.

Yes, another OML violation. You'll have to line up with all the others. The Secretary of State's office has the City Solicitor's office on speed dial and has probably hired an attorney just to deal with the all the Melrose violations. Lets face it; its a full time job.

President Trump, will fire a staffer not lite CT, Dolan, and SC. That is the differents between the two.

PARAS ?
Why do the MPS need so many PARAS?....are the teachers unqualified/unable to handle their students/classrooms?....Are the kids so stressed by their stressed teachers? The poor teachers are treated {bullied} by Cyndy and company) MPS admins treat their staffs the way Trump treats his "inner circle"

Really. Are you that big of an idiot? The amount of paras employed are driven by IEPs. There are not just educational needs but behavioral, safety. These children are entitled to the best serves or at least equal to typical students. The good paras watch out and assist the typical children too. Most teachers appreciate good paras. I'd say 80-90% are excellent. Most paras have degrees, are well educated, former teachers. All take professional development throughout the year every year. Gone are the days of teachers aids though some teachers still treat paras that way. Better odds than the newbie, entitled, last in their class teacher hires over the past five years. The decent teachers appreciates the work the paras do. What the teachers aren't doing is stepping forward and backing the paras like the paras have for them. We are all MTA. But then the MTA hasn't shown there face the past year or so. It's a sad state in mps.

The IEP's student are not getting the equal time with their para. Reason is the paras are pulled for the day to sub., lunch duty, outside duty or an emergency. The average student then misses the teachers teaching time cause the teacher is helping a special needs student. Ms. Cyndy Paymore will not hire enough paras. The poster is correct what is wrong with the MTA?

not true
The IEP's student are not getting the equal time with their para. Reason is the paras are pulled for the day to sub., lunch duty, outside duty or an emergency. The average student then misses the teachers teaching time cause the teacher is helping a special needs student. Ms. Cyndy Paymore will not hire enough paras. The poster is correct what is wrong with the MTA?[/quote

It is not the paras fault they are being pulled. I agree we need to hire floater paras to sub for absent paras, teachers when they need to go to a meeting or absent. Funny when a para is absent they try and get coverage because the teacher can't do it alone. When a teacher is absent the para does both jobs. The system is messed up and that fall on administration. A good teacher will speak up when they try to pull her para but most don't. Paras are forbidden to speak to parents. That's why no paras names ate listed anywhere. Afraid the truth will come out from the good paras who care the IEPs. a binding contract, is being violated.

So was CT's contract renewed or a pot of money distributed to they won't tell us who and how much?