Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Melrose: A Community Open to All" is just a sick PR slogan, at least or until this community de

What rally in Melrose?

Re: Melrose: A Community Open to All" is just a sick PR slogan, at least or until this community de

Geezer
What rally in Melrose?

And what's with "we don't have a good reputation against racism"? If there is blatant racism in Melrose - kindly tell us where the heck it is! Don't make up stories! If we did have this problem - we would have groups protesting against the city - which we don't! And please don't give me this baloney about racism is in the white man's DNA!

Sick of Identity Politics
Geezer
What rally in Melrose?

And what's with "we don't have a good reputation against racism"? If there is blatant racism in Melrose - kindly tell us where the heck it is! Don't make up stories! If we did have this problem - we would have groups protesting against the city - which we don't! And please don't give me this baloney about racism is in the white man's DNA!

First read the findings from the Office of Civil Rights OCR against Melrose Public Schools MPS with a guilty finding on four counts. It's public record. Then research the Boston Globe on stories of racism in Melrose and in the Melrose papers and on line. You'll read words/sentences like "go back to the plantation", "master", "slave", "separate the student's of color", "the students of color continue to sit in the back". And what about the swastikas written in the snow outside the Horace Mann, on the walls of MVMMS, the Jewish headstones that were recently desecrated. Where have you been? Don't you read or are you too busy either burying your head in the sand or brown-nosing those who perpetrate these atrocities. Melrose cannot heal as a community until it recognizes what is wrong, accepts responsibility and institutes a zero tolerance policy and not just by words, by example.

Geezer
What rally in Melrose?

I think it's this Wednesday. Check with City Hall. Other groups are joining forces with the city. I have no affiliation with the event and don't want to give out incorrect info.

Dillon
Geezer
What rally in Melrose?

I think it's this Wednesday. Check with City Hall. Other groups are joining forces with the city. I have no affiliation with the event and don't want to give out incorrect info.[/quote

MELROSE STANDS AGAINST HATE Wednesday, August 23rd, El Pond gazebo, 7:00.

Dillon
Dillon
Geezer
What rally in Melrose?

I think it's this Wednesday. Check with City Hall. Other groups are joining forces with the city. I have no affiliation with the event and don't want to give out incorrect info.[/quote

MELROSE STANDS AGAINST HATE Wednesday, August 23rd, El Pond gazebo, 7:00.

Wow....who the heck stands for hate in Melrose! Is this a solution looking for a problem? These groups seem to be looking for things to be against - I want to start a group against chocolate ice cream - want to join my group?

Wow,what a jerk. What I observe reading your post solution is you are clueless.

Cares
Wow,what a jerk. What I observe reading your post solution is you are clueless.

Oh no...I do get it! You folks lost the election and still can't get over it so you figure to blame everything on President Trump! Calling everyone who voted for him racists, holding rallies, creating violence, and then telling everyone how much you hate hateful people....look in the mirror to find the real problem!

OMG that person's post wasn't political but you want to make it that. I voted for Trump and even I can tell fact from fiction. Do the math. Guilty OCR findings, hiring of PR firm, hiring of outside attorneys who specialize in complaints against school systems. Read the writing on the wall. There IS hate in Smelrose. There IS hate in our city and schools. There have been multiple stories about Melrose in the local and NE papers about race complaints and guilty findings. Melrose is a REPUBLICAN city. Always has and will always be. We have had hate crimes here before Taymore and Trump and apparently we will continue to have it here after Taymore is gone. After Trump is gone because it's Neo-Nazis like you that breed hate. Like Charlottesville told the KKK, WE DON'T WANT YOU HERE!!

A reminder that although we clearly have a school administration here that pervasively discriminates against minorities as concluded by the DOE's Office of Civil Rights, the persecution against children with disabilities by our school administration (with tentacles reaching into City Hall) is far broader and widespread in comparison. However, the documented stories of the administration's harassment, bullying, retaliation and intimidation of these poor families is beyond belief. But sadly, it is not a sensational enough story that makes for front page headlines. Those children and parents are the truly forgotten here in in Melrose.

The liberals pay for the people to walk in the movement.

If you attend the rally Wednesday, please try to be quiet so as not to disturb the homeless man (sometimes men) who sleep there.

Those children and parents are the truly forgotten here in in Melrose.

Even though it's quite probable that the majority of Melrosians would vote to remove the mayor from the School Committee, only Monica, Scott and Don attempted to move that forward in this week's BOA mtg of which I had the misfortune of watching a re-run (a revolting $hitshow). The rest of them decided that their political alliances with the Executive Branch mattered more than what the citizens should have a chance to vote on or what makes common sense based on 15 years of evidence (the mayor on the SC has been a huge mistake, proven by many actual facts).

https://vimeo.com/231483237

http://melrosecityma.iqm2.com/Citizens/Calendar.aspx
http://melrosecityma.iqm2.com/Citizens/Detail_Meeting.aspx?ID=3219
http://melrosecityma.iqm2.com/Citizens/Detail_LegiFile.aspx?Frame=&MeetingID=3219&MediaPosition=&ID=5693&CssClass=

full copy of proposed changes to City Charter & votes/recommendations to date, along with letters from citizens:
http://melrosecityma.iqm2.com/Citizens/FileOpen.aspx?Type=1&ID=2949&Inline=True

This is what happens when the public sits silent and allows politicians to run amock fulfilling their patronage obligations instead of holding true to their oaths of office, as they do here.Don't forget the BOA gets health insurance from the city.

Neighborhood
Even though it's quite probable that the majority of Melrosians would vote to remove the mayor from the School Committee, only Monica, Scott and Don attempted to move that forward in this week's BOA mtg of which I had the misfortune of watching a re-run (a revolting $hitshow). The rest of them decided that their political alliances with the Executive Branch mattered more than what the citizens should have a chance to vote on or what makes common sense based on 15 years of evidence (the mayor on the SC has been a huge mistake, proven by many actual facts).

https://vimeo.com/231483237

http://melrosecityma.iqm2.com/Citizens/Calendar.aspx
http://melrosecityma.iqm2.com/Citizens/Detail_Meeting.aspx?ID=3219
http://melrosecityma.iqm2.com/Citizens/Detail_LegiFile.aspx?Frame=&MeetingID=3219&MediaPosition=&ID=5693&CssClass=

full copy of proposed changes to City Charter & votes/recommendations to date, along with letters from citizens:
http://melrosecityma.iqm2.com/Citizens/FileOpen.aspx?Type=1&ID=2949&Inline=True

This is what happens when the public sits silent and allows politicians to run amock fulfilling their patronage obligations instead of holding true to their oaths of office, as they do here.Don't forget the BOA gets health insurance from the city.

FOR FREE. Thank you to those who tried to do the right thing.

I noticed nothing was said about extending Taymore's contract after Exec. Session. Any word or leaks?

The new group MORE: Melrose Organizes for Real Equality apparently is not "open to all". I tried to access their Facebook page now and it is a closed group. You have to be approved to view it or participate. A neighbor told us that some guy named "Sam" asked if they could post on the MORE page on behalf of the official Melrose Democratic City Committee. He was pushing a brunch and canvassing event for a candidate running for Alderman which is happening today. Is MORE a formal part of the Melrose Democratic City Committee? Are other Democratic candidates canvassing schedules being promoted by MORE? Are Unenrolled or Republican folks running for office allowed to promote themselves? Is this organization which says they promote equality and inclusion only for certain candidates or politicians? We just moved to Melrose this summer and registered to vote as Democrats. I find it interesting and somewhat concerning that MORE would push for a particular candidate, would have a closed Facebook group and require approval in order to access information about them. This Sam (guy from the Democratic Committee) pushing for the Bewtra candidate made a mistake

Mcleans hospital is where the SC need their head examined if they give the super one more second in Melrose schools.

This community wishes it were open to all. The list is getting longer. Needs to say Melrose: Is Working to be A Community Opened to All"

"Sam" from local dems is female and head of the local organization.

It's McLean Hospital, not McLeans.

The Melrose Dems are only "Dem" in name, not in practice. Look at how that group has operated, whom it has supported, whom it has not supported, and you will find a non-inclusive club of well-heeled, pretentious, superficial clique that is "democratic" in name only, not in principle or practice.

You will find that this is a group that supports its own clique mentality and candidates and is quite happy to join in the active and passive versions of bullying/shunning that its local "head of state" (mayor) practices routinely.

For the past decade and a half it was easy to see exactly how ugly this group has been in its unquestioning and fanatical gushing support of an administration that is corrupt (the cemetery scandal only the most recent example of pervasive corruption) routinely bullies any who don't tow their sick line.

There is nary a one of them that stood up when their entire school administration was found heinously guilty by the United States Office of Civil Rights of violating the laws and hurting students (and teachers). In fact you will find that most of them were part of the cabal that rabidly stood behind this bunch of nasty hypocrites, and furthermore, still do.

This is a group that proudly claims to be all about the best of the Democratic Party, but in fact has conducted itself in line with the very worst and most shameful of it, and this is still the case. They will decry the evils of the Trump regime, but then turn around and support a local despot who embodies many of those very same evils.

Watch any SC or BOA meeting from the last decade and see for yourself. The videos are still available.

All politics are local indeed!

Gail's 1st "crisis response" remarks said nothing. Gail will not go off the script written for her. Gail does not think fast on her feet and avoids putting herself on the line at all costs. She will back Taymore and throw the MPD under the bus. The MPD are not happy with Gail "leading" Melrose. The MFD think she is a joke, too. Coverup MPS mistakes again. Melrose is NOT "One Community Open to All".

Melrose: A community pretending to be open to all only because it's the politically correct thing to market to homebuyers.

Not to all.Just look.