Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sad

I'm very disheartened to write this missive. As her family has been notified I am hoping it's proper to clarify.

My very dear, long-time friend and colleague Patricia Wright had passed away. She ran this site.

Please don't post anything improper as her family might see it.

Patty was a good person who fought for the rights of children in our district pro bono. A strong advocate for anyone in need. An intellectual, attorney, friend, mother, sister, daughter. A person unafraid to speak out against those who placed themselves above the needs of our children.
Rest in peace Patty. You will be missed.

Re: Sad

How very sad to hear. We all owe her a huge debt of gratitude for her willingness to be outspoken and for taking on the running of this site. She will be missed and her family should be so proud. I only met her once but appreciated her for so many things. RIP

Proud to have called Patty my friend..taken too soon.Proud to have worked alongside her in advocating for educational advancement for all Melrose children..pro bono.Patty could light up a room with her laughter..would laugh with you.would laugh at herself..BUT never at you..no matter any difference.A heart of gold..an unselfish giving spirit..and her flaming red hair will be missed.Deepest sympathies to her daughter..mother and family.Melrose has lost another " character " ..I'll toast you with "The Hound Dog" here in Vegas..RIP my friend..you are one in a million.

Proud to have called Patty my friend..

So sad to hear this bad news! I liked Patty and was always impressed with her enthusiasm and drive to help people and organizations.

I really hope that this is not a prank! I can't find her obit anywhere in the state. If anyone finds it, please post it here.

It's not. Happened Saturday.

Good Morning all. My name is Edward Shea I am Patty`s brother. Sadly it is true. All of your nice words have lifted my heart and Becca`s too. She will be missed. I will post details when we get to that point. Thank you all for the love for my sister.....Ed

She will be missed. I am so sorry to learn this. My condolences to her family.

I was happy to call Patty a friend. Patty will be missed. She was a a caring person who advocated for others. I was heartbroken to hear this news. May Rebecca know how much her Mom meant to some many people that she helped. RIP Patty! Rebecca you are a strong young lady my prayers are with you at this time.

I was happy to call Patty a friend. Patty will be missed. I was heartbroken to hear this news.

Your site MM made Melrose respond. I am so sorry for this loss. To all your family we are praying for you. [Pray] Thank You So Much.

Patty's services will be held in Mansfield on Saturday afternoon from 3 to 5 at Sherman and Jackson Funeral home.

Great Loss to Our City

Every once in awhile a special person comes along and Patty was that person. Brave and outspoken, she was willing to go there publicly when others were afraid. She kept going and going in her fight for what is right.

I am devastated to learn of her passing. Devastated. She will be missed. Deeply and greatly.

To her family, my condolences. She will not be forgotten. A true local hero.

Re: Great Loss to Our City

Patty's soul is at rest...her spirit will never die..she is free from the judgements passed on her by those who should have first judged themselves..even when her friends were mocked on this site she allowed the cruel and bitter criticism to post and expose their false bravado behind anonymity.Her boundless energy in fighting for the underserved was both public and private...and that showed pure class. No more demons will haunt here..she is free.Anyone who truly knew Patty was the better for it..whether she cooked for you or did pro bone legal work for you or your cause..whether she stood up with you or for you in the public theater or simply shared a hug in time of need you can consider yourself blessed. I will miss Patty dearly..a character in the city whose legacy will continue through Melrose Messages. Thank God for your short life in earth terms and may he now give you Eternal Peace. Love you Patty. Peace to her family.

Re: Great Loss to Our City

Memory Patty Imagine if I was given one moment,
just a single slice of my past.
I could hold it close forever,
and that moment would always last.

I'd put the moment in a safe,
within my hearts abode.
I could open it when I wanted,
and only I would know the code.

I could choose a time of laughing,
a time of happiness and fun.
I could choose a time that tried me,