Quite how I feel inside,
And on that day you left,
You weren't the only one who died.

You have always been there, Mom,
And you loved me 'til the end,
So with all my heart and soul,
I love you too, My Friend.

Re: Paraprofessionals

I agree with the post above. My friend is a 54 year old paraprofessional in the school district for years. She worries that if the union goes away, she and her co-workers will be without a voice. Paras do this job because we love the kids. We're not doing it to get rich," some amazing people do this job. We need support from this district, and we're not getting it. There are state and federal rules in place that govern how employers and collective bargaining groups, or unions, deal with each other before, during and after contract negotiations. "They have to take ownership of their union and get people to follow through and come to the table." This is completely on the PARAPROFESSIONALS." The surrounding cities are Paraprofessionals alone and not with the teachers. You need to keep your union paras.

BAJ
I agree with the post above. My friend is a 54 year old paraprofessional in the school district for years. She worries that if the union goes away, she and her co-workers will be without a voice. Paras do this job because we love the kids. We're not doing it to get rich," some amazing people do this job. We need support from this district, and we're not getting it. There are state and federal rules in place that govern how employers and collective bargaining groups, or unions, deal with each other before, during and after contract negotiations. "They have to take ownership of their union and get people to follow through and come to the table." This is completely on the PARAPROFESSIONALS." The surrounding cities are Paraprofessionals alone and not with the teachers. You need to keep your union paras.

PARAS THIS IS ON YOU. FOR YEARS THE SAME ONES WORKED THEIR ASSES OFF WHILE YOU DID NOTHING BUT COMPLAIN. NOW ITS, PANIC, SCARED, OH NO. DIDN'T YOU THINK THOSE WOMEN HAD NOTHING BETTER THINGS TO DO TOO. GOD HELP YOU AS CT AND MLR ARE RUNNING THE SHOW BEHIND THE SCENES JUST LIKE CT DID WITH NB. YOU GET WHAT YOU GET. MEA IS A BAD MOVE. SEE EVEN TO DISCUSS JOINING THEM SHOWS HOW LAZY YOU ALL ARE. G.L. AS TEACHERS ARE FOR TEACHERS PERIOD.

Fault
BAJ

PARAS THIS IS ON YOU. FOR YEARS THE SAME ONES WORKED THEIR ASSES OFF WHILE YOU DID NOTHING BUT COMPLAIN. NOW ITS, PANIC, SCARED, OH NO. DIDN'T YOU THINK THOSE WOMEN HAD NOTHING BETTER THINGS TO DO TOO. GOD HELP YOU AS CT AND MLR ARE RUNNING THE SHOW BEHIND THE SCENES JUST LIKE CT DID WITH NB. YOU GET WHAT YOU GET. MEA IS A BAD MOVE. SEE EVEN TO DISCUSS JOINING THEM SHOWS HOW LAZY YOU ALL ARE. G.L. AS TEACHERS ARE FOR TEACHERS PERIOD.

Survey shows decline in local union membership. Check Local 3817 union and research Branford, CT.

1. Negotiate your salary report today!

2. Personalized pay reports.

3. What are you worth?

5. What could you be paid?

6. Why is Phyllis leaving the MTA?

Who, what and why?

The new union officers, Marylou R, Joanne B, Carol C, Anne M, Allyson C.and

Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better.

As long as the world shall last there will be wrongs, and if no man objected and no man rebelled, those wrongs would last forever.

The votes have not been fully counted yet you jerk.

Now we have voter fraud. First the illegal vote at panera express, now what is wrong with the MTA and union?

Electoral fraud, election manipulation, or vote rigging is illegal interference with... given if the outcome is not the outcome is not affected.

Revelation of fraud can have a damaging effect if not punished...

What to know if the Election was Hacked? Look at the Ballot's.

voter fraud
Now we have voter fraud. First the illegal vote at panera express, now what is wrong with the MTA and union?

Vote was this past WEDNESDAY, Nov. 1st. for the para union.

Some schools had no sign, check off sheet.

At atleast one school ballots were left all over the place, anyone could have filled out another ballot.

Per MTA Rep, Phyllis, not all ballots were turned in to her, or collected from building reps. for at least one night. Ballots were supposed to be turned over to Phyllis, at the MTA Lynnfield Office. Some schools held on to theirs for over 48 hours after voting was completed. This gives the opportunity to fix ballots. Unheard of any place else.

At least two employees who do intend on joining the union but are not members voted.

One school members knew their school results.

Only someone who's not an officer or running for office should be handling the ballots. Not the case.

So voting was on WEDNESDAY during the school day, most in the morning. All schools let out no later than 2:22 pm. Notification of results of votes emailed to most members on FRIDAY night, Nov. 3rd, over 48 hours after voting concluded for 75 people.

Come on people. We know who's pulling the strings here, CT and her mini-me side-kick.

Election results includes Management wanna be and Prozac Nation otherwise known as Taz as in the Tasmanian Devil; not by the hair of my chunky, chin chin; Foster Brooks and the naive marionette; and a few others who I have no background on. Guess it takes 7 people to do the job Marie and Diane did alone for over 20 years.

Phyllis is fully aware of all of the transgressions yet gave permission to post voting results which were emailed to members in lieu of a redo to insure no tampering. What does she care. Her last day of representing Melrose is this Friday, November 10th. The MTA $UCK$!

The only hope is joining the MEA and that's a far cry from being a good thing but not corrupt like it currently is.

In the end, because of the deliberate and manipulative wide spread fear induced into paras at the possibility of the para union crumbling, most paras will let this go just to have officers with CT in charge...and that's the game folks!

I am so sick of this thread....MPS only needs "paras" because of the incompetent super and incompetent SpEd DIr and the nutty SC... the schools use most of our tax $... We need a police station and a fire station not a library renovation or more school renovations.....vote as the Fire Union advises.... DC, MM, K L-G, and MZ....the bull **** of Melrose Dems only care about Manisha and Jen OVERRIDE! Enough.....!

Sick of it
I am so sick of this thread....MPS only needs "paras" because of the incompetent super and incompetent SpEd DIr and the nutty SC... the schools use most of our tax $... We need a police station and a fire station not a library renovation or more school renovations.....vote as the Fire Union advises.... DC, MM, K L-G, and MZ....the bull **** of Melrose Dems only care about Manisha and Jen OVERRIDE! Enough.....!
I'd love to see the Free Press investigate this.....

Sick of it

Paras are IEP driven. It's the law. What are you stupid?

Schools are spending tens of thousands of dollars on high-tech devices to beat bullying in school's. Melrose should take action with the ruffian. PWL is NOT doing her job. Melrose was once known as one of the best schools for children who need a special education. Now, it is all about the money and the heck with the students.

Your post is correct because I am in a situation where my boss is clearly favoring other co-workers. No one will talk about it, but one of the main issues preventing women from getting along with other women is jealousy. When other women hate you because your too nice.

GO WITH THE TEACHERS UNION, PARAS. YOU NEED PROTECTION.

True. Not with the new officers, well most of them. Taymore is the front runner in this race. Just watch and see.

The MTA is committed to human civil rights and advocates for quality. We Need the Fair Share Amendment. After what transpired this election, more members want to join the teachers union. Union's are made up of people who will fight for you. And to witness what transpired on election day, we need to get on board with the teachers. Sadly, it already is not working for me.

Call the U.S. Department of labor. OLMS criminal and civil enforcement.

You have to know the members to appreciate the poster name Documented Facts. This is who you voted for? Why could you NOT vote for the teachers union on this ballot?

MR, aka, mini me CT wanna be brown-noser. Can she be any more untruthful, YES. If she continues birds are to mistake her nose for a branch and land on it. I am secretary...now I can't... prior commitments... co-president... retiring... What is the difference between MR and Pinocchio? Pinocchio was likable and real. Organized... the day before a election no nominees for secretary and treasurer.[User]

Even if local officials believe no one wants to run, a nomination notice must be sent to all members, and nominations for each office must take place each term. What a way to start a union leaving one person out. Shunning - The Ultimate Rejection, not nice members.

The beat goes on, and the beat goes on, people! This is how the city knows how to conquer. Always, with a cover-up in the city and yes, Mayor Dolan has all the say over Superintendent Taymore. Melrose newest SC will harm the already no vote, over ride school districts. This city is all tapped out like try to park in downtown Melrose.

The school systems and justice system know that bullying is going on, how they choose to deal with it is questionable, ignore it, punish it, or educate about it, which works better. Which ever works better the school will do the opposite. Shameful, you got bullied by union members.

How can bullying affect the workplace? Bullying affect the overall "health" of an organization. An "unhealthy" work place can have many effects. In general their absents is one effect you will notice. The bullies are ones who use strength or influence to harm or intimidate those who are weak, Talking gossip, innuendo and malicious rumors.

Not even sure if it's smart, the people that see through all the BS. What they're REALLY thinking is "as you sow, so shall you reap" You can dream about your goals all you want, but you won't ever reach them if you don't do anything to achieve them! My JOY is all the children I have helped in my career.

Nice way to sum up your point. The teachers went through a similar incident. Five years ago, NB was president of the teachers union. On the merits she was found guilty of the charges brought against her. No one wanted to run for officer so she became president a second term. Superintendent Taymore had her hands in that situation like she does now. Divide and Conquer is the plan. Come with the teachers union you will be safe with LD.

How much money did NB coat the city of Melrose? Nice job SC.[Israel][USA]

You mean how much did it cost the city.

This town is ignorant and actually pretty backwards. It's not about being smarter. It appears Melrosians want the "same ole BS" Melrose who deserved better is just so dumb. It has failed to distance themselves.

It is what it is in Melrose. Do not buy a house in Melrose for the school system.

Reading this string management violated numerous laws. Immediately, when the para MLR was allowed to use the superintendents sever back in the spring. This union member is in collusion with management. CT, MLR and PN should of stayed neutral as the union attempted to organize its members and allow the election to take its process. No, so many more violation and no retake of the vote. How many days did it take to count 75 votes? That should tell you why MLR is back in. To negotiate the paras contract for her to retire with some benefits. She, has caused too much damage as it is now. The paras union should ask to take a vote for the teachers union soon. MTA Phyllis did what she needed to do. So bring in the new MTA rep. Wake Up Everybody.

Self-Worth is the group on the board and the hollow MTA. The paras union received an email with no signature " unknown" implausible! Vote for the teachers union, the paras need strength in numbers which they continue not to demonstrate.

Things your union cannot do. 1. Attend any union meeting, park-across the street from the hall or engage in any undercover activity which would indicate that the employees are being kept under surveillance to determine who is and who is not participating in the union program. Survey 93% of union members never vote. The illegal vote MLR, encouraged union members was under 10%. The voters from union members household liked Trump.

Kathy B. is a fake, evil bit¢h. Let's look at her employment record for Melrose. She was called in before school administrators and METCO for treating an elementary aged child badly enough that the then principal of the Roosevelt transferred her out. Next she landed for a short stint at the Horace Mann until it was made clear she was unwelcome after deliberately sabotaging a teacher who was fired. Transferred again landing at MHS were she as VP of the para union fed information to management about union strategies and putting derogatory remarks in writing about a para she was supposed to be representing. She was instrumental in getting that para fired as well. Then the school posts a nonunion position for a job coach which requires a college degree. The reason Kathy didn't get that position in the past, no degree. So, management changed the criteria for the job to suit Kathy and guess what. She got it. Nice little payoff for selling coworkers out.

Good riddance to old rubbish. I remember we all wore black in solidarity against her and what she did. phoney as a $3 bill.

The MTA has no morals, Melrose needs to look for another organization. MTA is dissolving and what transpired with the MTA and paraprofessionals was obnoxious. NOW, paras are forced to go with teachers. Many union members are lacking trust and confidence in the officers.

The PR Machine is still managing to keep hold of these well-meaning but naive parents, feeding them just enough to let them think they are having an effect and that they can feel proud being part of a "positive" process. They don't realize how they have been co-opted and are being used. They don't realize that they are only being given just enough information to make them Believe.

Documented Facts
voter fraud

At atleast one school ballots were left all over the place, anyone could have filled out another ballot.

Per MTA Rep, Phyllis, not all ballots were turned in to her, or collected from building reps. for at least one night. Ballots were supposed to be turned over to Phyllis, at the MTA Lynnfield Office. Some schools held on to theirs for over 48 hours after voting was completed. This gives the opportunity to fix ballots. Unheard of any place else.

At least two employees who do intend on joining the union but are not members voted.

Only someone who's not an officer or running for office should be handling the ballots. Not the case.

So voting was on WEDNESDAY during the school day, most in the morning. All schools let out no later than 2:22 pm. Notification of results of votes emailed to most members on FRIDAY night, Nov. 3rd, over 48 hours after voting concluded for 75 people.

Come on people. We know who's pulling the strings here, CT and her mini-me side-kick.

Election results includes Management wanna be and Prozac Nation otherwise known as Taz as in the Tasmanian Devil; not by the hair of my chunky, chin chin; Foster Brooks and the naive marionette; and a few others who I have no background on. Guess it takes 7 people to do the job Marie and Diane did alone for over 20 years.

Phyllis is fully aware of all of the transgressions yet gave permission to post voting results which were emailed to members in lieu of a redo to insure no tampering. What does she care. Her last day of representing Melrose is this Friday, November 10th. The MTA $UCK$!

The only hope is joining the MEA and that's a far cry from being a good thing but not corrupt like it currently is.

In the end, because of the deliberate and manipulative wide spread fear induced into paras at the possibility of the para union crumbling, most paras will let this go just to have officers with CT in charge...and that's the game folks!
This could only happen in Melrose.:hushed:

IF YOU ARE NOT A PARA UNION MEMBER YET, WAIT TILL ELECTION IS OVER ON DEC. 6, 2017.

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Paras hope you realize who is still running the union. Mary Lou R. and Cindy T. I am a retired para and I used the agency fee. You still belong to the union and it is half the payment.

Douche Bag
Kathy B. is a fake, evil bit¢h. Let's look at her employment record for Melrose. She was called in before school administrators and METCO for treating an elementary aged child badly enough that the then principal of the Roosevelt transferred her out. Next she landed for a short stint at the Horace Mann until it was made clear she was unwelcome after deliberately sabotaging a teacher who was fired. Transferred again landing at MHS were she as VP of the para union fed information to management about union strategies and putting derogatory remarks in writing about a para she was supposed to be representing. She was instrumental in getting that para fired as well. Then the school posts a nonunion position for a job coach which requires a college degree. The reason Kathy didn't get that position in the past, no degree. So, management changed the criteria for the job to suit Kathy and guess what. She got it. Nice little payoff for selling coworkers out.
KB my childhood neighbor who's back. Beware! She is Beau Coup Dinky Dau.

"No one should be fooled by this revisionist history," what good is a teachers' union that doesn't care about great teaching? "I was disappointed that, as an organization of educators, we couldn't for the moment put aside the charter school issue and national politics. Charter schools are public schools, but operate with freedom from some regulations faced by traditional public schools. The MTA made a statement, but it was a dumb statement. A teachers union that doesn't care about great teaching is just another interest group. Think bigger, MTA. Do not vote on Dec. 6, and you will stay a paras union. Vote and you will become a teachers union. Well, then again it is in someone's pocket. So either way it is her call, and the ballots will get duplicated again this is all fake.

The voting is in the middle school and NOT in an unprejudiced place. The super might think the paras are irrelevant but this is a run-of-the-mill.

Thank you, to the paraprofessionals who voted with good conscience, and the many voters who were not under the swaying of union members or the MTA.

Once, I received the email from JB, I did not vote today. How come the questions came to members the night before voting? Most of the union members did not read their email. The same incidence happened with the last vote that took 48 hours and debatable results. The key is send results out on a Friday night. Joanne B. you did not take all the nominees like you said the board bullied someone. You are not playing the martyr act are you? Most of the members want the concealed board gone, as much as you want out. It seems like this shattered on all of you. Phyllis, told us our contract is good till June, so lets not intimidate union members anymore.

Documented Facts
voter fraud

Only someone who\\\'s not an officer or running for office should be handling the ballots. Not the case.

Come on people. We know who\\\'s pulling the strings here, CT and her mini-me side-kick.

Phyllis is fully aware of all of the transgressions yet gave permission to post voting results which were emailed to members in lieu of a redo to insure no tampering. What does she care. Her last day of representing Melrose is this Friday, November 10th. The MTA \\\$UCK\\\$!

The only hope is joining the MEA and that\\\'s a far cry from being a good thing but not corrupt like it currently is.

In the end, because of the deliberate and manipulative wide spread fear induced into paras at the possibility of the para union crumbling, most paras will let this go just to have officers with CT in charge...and that\\\'s the game folks!
Yet again the paras had a vote yesterday. This time to request to join the teacher's union.

Voting was held at Mvmms 2-4:45 with counting the votes 4:45-5. What is the results? God knows. No information forwarded. We got this ton of reminders to vote and the can't email back y or n. Don't thinks turned out hoe they wanted is my guess.

What would have been smarter was to have that vote on with the temp election of officers as that was conducted in ALL schools with 3/4 of paras voting. But then, that would have been the smart thing to do.

There should be some laws about union practices and interference in them. If something is illegal, you can be sure Melrose is doing it. Get the feds involved.

The para union is so weak and they call us strong. The word strong is for the Boston Marathon. The vote was tallied and concluded by 5 o'clock Dec. 6th. Today, the 7th at 5:29pm one of the co-president sent out a blanket e-mail saying, "about 33% of union members voted and it was almost unanimous" to join the teachers. 1. Why did it take over 24 hours for notification? 2. On the e-mail it also says yesterday at 5;29pm that this same e-mail went to some people and not all why notify some. 3. Why not exact numbers of voters. Why not exact numbers on for or against joining. STILL NO TRANSPARENCY OR TRUST. BTW WE ARE EDUCATIONAL PARAPROFESSIALS NOT PARA EDUCATORS. WE FOUGHT HARD FOR THAT TITLE.

1 2