Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Paraprofessionals

para # 3
New teachers have no compassion for what good paras can do in a class room or help with a child. I am a compassion para and never had a complaint from a parent, teacher or students. The many years I have been working have notice the lack of confidents first year teachers have. Put me with a experience teacher anytime.

I have been a para for many, many years. I must say that as a new teacher you are very unappreciative for all the work the paras do. Where would you be without the paras help? I think you need to do a reality check. Not sure how long you will teach with this attitude.

Para
I have been a para for many, many years. I must say that as a new teacher you are very unappreciative for all the work the paras do. Where would you be without the paras help? I think you need to do a reality check. Not sure how long you will teach with this attitude.

I highly doubt a teacher posted any of this.

Time to let some paraprofessionals go and hire more teachers in the schools.

Paras I am with the teachers union which is very weak now also. The teachers can not take on the paras you need to elect a president. I am very confused why you went to the superintendent to get permission to have a union meeting. This is a joke MR you are starting this to have management give you what ever you want. The meeting brought all the desperate paras that are not liking there position or principal. This now make the union even weaker to have gone to the superintendent who is management bad move to the middle school.

I hope you are not an English teacher!

union
Paras I am with the teachers union which is very weak now also. The teachers can not take on the paras you need to elect a president. I am very confused why you went to the superintendent to get permission to have a union meeting. This is a joke MR you are starting this to have management give you what ever you want. The meeting brought all the desperate paras that are not liking there position or principal. This now make the union even weaker to have gone to the superintendent who is management bad move to the middle school.

HUH ?

These people have no shame! How can Taymore and Driscoll look people in the eyes and say that they are for educational excellence when they lack a basic understanding of transparency and honesty towards the residents of Melrose.

MTA union member against union members? What is happening to the strongest union state in the USA.

Did they cut paraprofessionals again?

The last pink slips came from Dr. Charlie Martin 2001. The paras work hard and most teachers never support them.

Margaret is talking 6 paras to get pink slips.

maybe
Margaret is talking 6 paras to get pink slips.
Not good

union

Any union member who goes to the superintendent to request to use the schools email server to notify paraprofessionals of an up coming meeting has an agenda. They are working in collaboration with management. The email which was sent to all paraprofessionals in all schools contained confidential and sensitive information that management should not be included in. They are up to no good. You are fooling no one. Those two, MR & GS, are and have been in cahoots with management and in their pockets for years looking to sell out any fellow member if management wants them to. Why would someone do this? To get in, or so they think, with CT AND receive compensation and not just monetary. They are under the belief that being a rat they are now invited in to the inner circle but in reality are being used by management to do their dirty work. Other paras have been doing this for years like KB, who. got a teacher at the HM fired and a para at MHS fired too. KB has reaped many rewards. Anyone who perpetrates inexcusable actions like this against any coworkers who are fellow union members are despicable and should be throw out of the union. We all know who they are, what their true intentions really are and think you are scum.

In managements pocket
union

Any union member who goes to the superintendent to request to use the schools email server to notify paraprofessionals of an up coming meeting has an agenda. They are working in collaboration with management. The email which was sent to all paraprofessionals in all schools contained confidential and sensitive information that management should not be included in. They are up to no good. You are fooling no one. Those two, MR & GS, are and have been in cahoots with management and in their pockets for years looking to sell out any fellow member if management wants them to. Why would someone do this? To get in, or so they think, with CT AND receive compensation and not just monetary. They are under the belief that being a rat they are now invited in to the inner circle but in reality are being used by management to do their dirty work. Other paras have been doing this for years like KB, who. got a teacher at the HM fired and a para at MHS fired too. KB has reaped many rewards. Anyone who perpetrates inexcusable actions like this against any coworkers who are fellow union members are despicable and should be throw out of the union. We all know who they are, what their true intentions really are and think you are scum.

This would never be allowed or condoned in a strong union. "If" this was done those involved should be brought before the tribunal and dealt with. Parasites.

Feeding on the lives of others. AKA bulling.

MTA
MTA union member against union members? What is happening to the strongest union state in the USA.

What a joke. The MTA $UCK$!!!!!

After MR arranged with CT for permission to utilize the school's email server to announce an end of the year meeting to discuss para union matters, an email was sent out to all members from MR. Within this email contained a list of union topics to be discussed. At this meeting only 13 out of approximately 85 para employees attended. The para that was instrumental in assisting administration fire a teacher and a para was there. Also in attendance was a rep who assisted only a certain member before their principal with a complaint against another member and failed to notify the other member or seek representation for that second member. MR, has confirmed in writing she received permission to use the MPS's email server from CT to write and distibute that email which contained sensitive union matters and orchestrated this charade. There were also members who just were attending a gathering and to my knowledge were not participants in this game. According to the Massachusetts Guide to the Public Employees Bargaining Law, Chapter 150E, Section 10. (a) "It shall be a prohibited practice for a public employer or it's designated representative to:
(2) Dominate, interfere, or assist in the formation, existence, or administration of any employee organization." Does anyone else concur that the meeting of the superintendent and a behind the scenes union member to violate this chapter is construed as a violation of the law and COLLUSION.

As a member of union, It Sounds like management is trying to break the union. Some of the members may have to go around the union "leadership" and drop a dime to the National.

There is new leadership in place now. That is the result of what transpired in the behind the scenes plans between MR, CT and the union email approved and sent out on the MPS server. Now CT has the union in her pocket. [:-?]

The prior officer sent us notice she was stepping down the end of this year due to personal and family reasons. She informed us she could appoint members into vacant spots. There was no need to pull this crap and work with the superintendent to control who is in office. It's corrupt. That is why I and others did not to to the meeting that was sent to us under the schools email. We aren't that stupid to not see right through it.

Why??
The prior officer sent us notice she was stepping down the end of this year due to personal and family reasons. She informed us she could appoint members into vacant spots. There was no need to pull this crap and work with the superintendent to control who is in office. It's corrupt. That is why I and others did not to to the meeting that was sent to us under the schools email. We aren't that stupid to not see right through it.

The officer said she would "probably step down" in her notice. Obviously membership doesn't want her to "appoint" anyone. She refused to meet with the membership.

Because
Why??

The officer said she would "probably step down" in her notice. Obviously membership doesn't want her to "appoint" anyone. She refused to meet with the membership.

Let's be fair here. Not being able to due to personal reasons and refusing are two different things. Anyone in now could have asked to be appointed. If two people wanted the same position then they'd have to be a vote. You say "membership doesn't want her to appoint". Only 13 people showed up for the meeting. What's that a little more than ten percent. Half that did show are brown noses and under the schools thumb. So you have members who worked side by side with their bosses to control the union and rats backing them up. The whole thing stinks. Perhaps you are one of the mms klan.

I worked with the former officer for four years. She fought for people's rights. Not just in the union but for her former student needs, for the hs teacher who refused to "separate the student's of color" for gay students being bullied. The school says if you see something, say something. She did and has paid for it since. She was not afraid to report to The Office of Civil Rights, The Board of Education, The Mass Commission Against Discrimination and The Labor Relations Commission. She doesn't report anonymously, she gives her name to give credibility. I've told her not to report. She told me she was raised to speak up. This is why she has been repeatedly retaliated against, had to endure relentless harassment and now having her good name and reputation smeared. I'm not saying she's a saint and she wouldn't either. I'm saying she is a good person trying to do the right thing that's all.

Can you see the teachers union doing this to their members.

I am a member that pays dues I will not go for a board. I want it the way it was when Diane Federico were in office 4 officers.

Paras
union

HUH ?
Melrose is like Chelsea with trees.

Up to date
There is new leadership in place now. That is the result of what transpired in the behind the scenes plans between MR, CT and the union email approved and sent out on the MPS server. Now CT has the union in her pocket. [:-?]

I did not vote last week when MR started this fake union meeting to play management. Is she the para that worked with the nurse at the middle school? Was not notified of this meeting but hearing a vote happened and to change to a board instead of four officers.

Yes it was the para who worked for years in the nurses office, hanging out with visitors like MS and TB without regard for other paras and the difficult assignments they had.

Yes many other paras complained that they were assisting multiple students, covering classes, lunch... While she had tea.

Yes this same para who planned this gathering (coo) with the help of management going so far as to being granted access to the schools email to notify confidential union information which manages had access to. Don't tell me CT didn't inquire why a non officer was placing emails. We'me not blind and we'me not dumb.

Did she step up at any time to ever offer to help the union over the 20 plus years she worked as a para, NO

Did she act as a shill for CT to remove a person who worked for ten years as a officer to please CT? You think on that one.

All the paras should quit. CT would have a stroke. Problem solved.

I would quit but who is going to pay my bills. So hard to work were it is so corrupt.

Yes siree bob
Yes it was the para who worked for years in the nurses office, hanging out with visitors like MS and TB without regard for other paras and the difficult assignments they had.

Yes many other paras complained that they were assisting multiple students, covering classes, lunch... While she had tea.

Yes this same para who planned this gathering (coo) with the help of management going so far as to being granted access to the schools email to notify confidential union information which manages had access to. Don't tell me CT didn't inquire why a non officer was placing emails. We'me not blind and we'me not dumb.

Did she step up at any time to ever offer to help the union over the 20 plus years she worked as a para, NO

Did she act as a shill for CT to remove a person who worked for ten years as a officer to please CT? You think on that one.

Question: why wouldn't MR send out notification of a union meeting the same way all prior officers have, interoffice. It only takes a day or two to arrive at all schools. Then it would be posted on the bulletin boards and displayed in the teachers lunch rooms never mind by word of mouth. Why go to CT unless there is an underlying purpose. This whole thing stinks to high heaven of a dirty union member(s) and management plotting the down fall of the para union. Another point. Last spring during the official election this officer,DD, was elected to two positions, president and treasurer. She still holds the treasurer position. The para ,RK, who was elected to the other two union positions of VP and secretary 'coincidentally' was terminated. Why? The then VP of the para union, KB, from mhs set up RK and assisted the then mhs principal Farrell and ETF Berman terminate RK's employment. Farrell subsequently was promoted to the Business Mgr position and Berman to Asst. Principal. Why terminate RK? Because RK reported racism in MHS. RK like the photography teacher, KM, who was terminated for refusing to follow the directive of separating the student's of color. There are so many levels of corruption here, racism, collusion, retaliation... Melrose does not smell like a rose. It's toxic.

Question: why wouldn't MR send out notification of a union meeting the same way all prior officers have, interoffice. It only takes a day or two to arrive at all schools. Then it would be posted on the bulletin boards and displayed in the teachers lunch rooms never mind by word of mouth. Why go to CT unless there is an underlying purpose. This whole thing stinks to high heaven of a dirty union member(s) and management plotting the down fall of the para union. Another point. Last spring during the official election this officer,DD, was elected to two positions, president and treasurer. She still holds the treasurer position. The para ,RK, who was elected to the other two union positions of VP and secretary 'coincidentally' was terminated. Why? The then VP of the para union, KB, from mhs set up RK and assisted the then mhs principal Farrell and ETF Berman terminate RK's employment. Farrell subsequently was promoted to the Business Mgr position and Berman to Asst. Principal. Why terminate RK? Because RK reported racism in MHS. RK like the photography teacher, KM, who was terminated for refusing to follow the directive of separating the student's of color. There are so many levels of corruption here, racism, collusion, retaliation... Melrose does not smell like a rose. It's toxic.[/quote]
No one ran for positions because no one wanted to work with the"president" !!

That's bull$hit. I would have if I didn't have two jobs and kids. Look at all the years, about 15, there were only two officers MS and DF. They pleaded for help. No one stepped up and that was before DD worked here. We couldn't even get more than 15 people to show up for a meeting. So what now??? Work with rats who will sell us out??????

DD didn't even want to accept the position last year so who's $hitting who? There were four open positions including president. If people wanted it they could have ran. The only reason she accepted was she didn't want to leave a sole person that was elected in, Rita, who didn't have experience alone. Then because of KB Rita lost her job so she felt stuck.

Here we go again with the union business. Lets just let it go no harm done we have a new president. Very sneaky the way this was done but that's Melrose. We have one of the strongest union state on the map.

Because

Question: why wouldn't MR send out notification of a union meeting the same way all prior officers have, interoffice. It only takes a day or two to arrive at all schools. Then it would be posted on the bulletin boards and displayed in the teachers lunch rooms never mind by word of mouth. Why go to CT unless there is an underlying purpose. This whole thing stinks to high heaven of a dirty union member(s) and management plotting the down fall of the para union. Another point. Last spring during the official election this officer,DD, was elected to two positions, president and treasurer. She still holds the treasurer position. The para ,RK, who was elected to the other two union positions of VP and secretary 'coincidentally' was terminated. Why? The then VP of the para union, KB, from mhs set up RK and assisted the then mhs principal Farrell and ETF Berman terminate RK's employment. Farrell subsequently was promoted to the Business Mgr position and Berman to Asst. Principal. Why terminate RK? Because RK reported racism in MHS. RK like the photography teacher, KM, who was terminated for refusing to follow the directive of separating the student's of color. There are so many levels of corruption here, racism, collusion, retaliation... Melrose does not smell like a rose. It's toxic.

No one ran for positions because no one wanted to work with the"president" !! [/quote]

I just found out that MR who was the instigator in all of this didn't accept any officer position. Big surprise. Oh she's all talk but when push comes to shove she's no where to be found. All about me, me, me and she is and has always been *FRIEND* to management and not to members. I hope action is taken against her for working with CT to control who our president is.

here
Here we go again with the union business. Lets just let it go no harm done we have a new president. Very sneaky the way this was done but that's Melrose. We have one of the strongest union state on the map.

So let me get this straight. Because MR and a few other rats either disliked our former president, or wanted to get someone in place that CT could control or both, we got a new president but still have only have one officer? It's so important to them yet they wouldn't put their name in to accept a position. Open positions: V.P., Secretary and Treasurer. WOW MR, you accomplished a lot. Because of a personal vendetta or collusion you joined forces with CT rather than wait a month for her to step down. What was the purpose: to embarrass the former president?, to kiss butt to CT, to place our union on the list of laughing stock unions. If I were in her position I would file a complaint against you and oh yes she can. Or better yet, she still holds the position of treasurer. Just despite you she should stay in another year as she was OFFICIALLY ELECTED to it. Why don't you retire. We don't need trouble makers like you and take your jellyroll of a hairy chin with you. She's the biggest kiss ass in the drama department. Wasn't she kicked out of the Roosevelt by Cleary. Yes! Didn't the parents of the child she was assigned to demand she be replaced. They wanted her no where near their child. YES!! YES!!! Two pea brains in a pod.

I do not work in Melrose but I am a public employee in another district and a former President in our teacher's union.

This all is very concerning. If it is true that a union member and your superintendent worked together to rig an election or change the current elected officers it is cause for a prohibited practice charge.

The email alone on a public server which contains critical union information ties administration in influencing the results of the meeting, a new president.

This is proof of tampering and election manipulation. Personally I find the whole thing appalling.

Call for an immediate independent investigation to get to the whole truth through the Dept. of Labor Relations.

dear concern,

How stupid are you to believe anything you read on Melrose messages. [:)s][:-?]

Please. Yes, there is a lot of junk posted here, but there's enough truth to be found for anyone with a half a brain. There's more by an order of magnitude than any of the "news" outlets in town, which provide zero, except what's fed them by the administration.

donald t
dear concern,

Dear Donald T,

I live and work in Melrose for the schools. I, along with every other para got the email from Marylou. It was sent with the school's email address. The email had details of what would be discussed at the meeting which listed "union direction" and other union information. I don't know any of the players but have worked for private unions before. My husband is a steward. He said he never heard of such a thing. None of the guys at work would condone such action. He recommended, as he would never tell me what to do, that I have no part of what was going on. I did not attend but heard not many people showed. A new employee volunteered to accept the position and no one else did. I don't appreciate it when people twist the system or the truth. This is the truth.

Sincerely,
Mrs. Obama

To the person who wrote- no one ran because they didn't want to work with her.

Well, she's out and a new president is in but no other officers. I guess no one ran because they didn't want to work with the new president LG either.

The lesson is things aren’t always going to go as expected.

We can all joke about it - but the topic is serious and the implications to our students - critical and immense!

Para
donald t
dear concern,

Dear Donald T,

I live and work in Melrose for the schools. I, along with every other para got the email from Marylou. It was sent with the school's email address. The email had details of what would be discussed at the meeting which listed "union direction" and other union information. I don't know any of the players but have worked for private unions before. My husband is a steward. He said he never heard of such a thing. None of the guys at work would condone such action. He recommended, as he would never tell me what to do, that I have no part of what was going on. I did not attend but heard not many people showed. A new employee volunteered to accept the position and no one else did. I don't appreciate it when people twist the system or the truth. This is the truth.

Sincerely,
Mrs. Obama

You are the stupid one because most is true on MM. You just can not believe it.

Huh?

Well, she's out and a new president is in but no other officers. I guess no one ran because they didn't want to work with the new president LG either.

This is one of the worst post being a union member for over 15 years. The union is so lazy no one cares about the paras anyway. The state of MA. is suck a union place. To here this I am ashamed to be living in Melrose. Hearing how many union matters has gone on and this is allowed.

Karen
Huh?

This is one of the worst post being a union member for over 15 years. The union is so lazy no one cares about the paras anyway. The state of MA. is suck a union place. To here this I am ashamed to be living in Melrose. Hearing how many union matters has gone on and this is allowed.

Karen, you make no sense.

?
Karen
Huh?

Karen, you make no sense.

If Karen is an example of the average paras intelligence in Melrose we are screwed. Must be from the Roosey. Fortunately I've met some very good paras.

No one has ever cared how someone wrote a message so it must of been your post. Leave the paras alone. You mean the Roosey Rats who a large percent went to the union meeting on RT. 1.

The father that helps get children out of the car's at the Roosevelt needs to change jobs and stay home. His behavior is not normal and should not be doing this job.

1 2 3 4 5 6