Start a New Topic 
1 2 3
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Paraprofessionals

Prof. Correctipants, Jr.
Opps, my error, it is after "c"!

Are you ok? I have not seen a post from you and was hoping you are ok.[Yellowrose]

Good luck to all the paras and teachers in the upcoming year....let's start fresh

Shelley
Good luck to all the paras and teachers in the upcoming year....let's start fresh

Repeat that to the 13 union members that crossed the lines.

If only DD and CC would stop posting!!

Done
If only DD and CC would stop posting!!

If I have something to say I put my name on it. I did not write or have anything to do with the list above. If you have something to say about me or accusing me have the guts to say it to my face or sign your name.

Do Not Read Melrose Messages if you do not like what is being said. The truth always hurts and posters should put peoples initials and not their full names. Paras are known to do the blame game a lot. I am not a para and I see how jealous they are of one another.

Nancy, in the real world you should be able to let your employee know if you are being bullied, sexual harassed, hostile or a prejudicial remarks or actions. People have gone to administration, principals and PWL with very little results. Most of the employees will not go in fear of retaliation.

Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.[:))]

Stay positive and happy. Work hard and don't give up hope. Be open to criticism and

keep learning. Surround yourself with happy, warm and genuine people.

Melrose is tapped out,maxed out.

real world
Nancy, in the real world you should be able to let your employee know if you are being bullied, sexual harassed, hostile or a prejudicial remarks or actions. People have gone to administration, principals and PWL with very little results. Most of the employees will not go in fear of retaliation.

After all, retaliation and intimidation are the hallmarks of the Melrose School Administration's complaint process; institutionalized in fact. Go ask OCR. They have much more information from complainants then you would ever know. Melrose residents only viewed OCR's summary report, but not the evidence compiled from all the victims.

I don't trust nobody and nobody trust me...[:)]

Paras need to watch who they associate with because then you get targeted by management. This is what makes them sneaky paras. [LookAround]

paras
Paras need to watch who they associate with because then you get targeted by management. This is what makes them sneaky paras. [LookAround]

Are you trying to say that if you hang with someone management dislikes you're afraid you'll be targeted too? I have two things to say on that subject.
I. If management judges someone by who they associates with and takes negative action against them is atrocious.
II. If you go along with this and disassociate from someone based on who management deems inappropriate you are a coward plain and simple and unworthy of friendship. That coworker is better off without you in their life.
We teach our children to come to the defense of others and you, an adult are too chicken sh*t to stand up. Coward is an understatement.

This whole string demonstrates the toxic infection that permeates everything now, starting with the lowest paid paras, whom CT (and her thugs like BC and the elem principals and MF) are playing against each other. This administration is absolutely plagued with this poisonous atmosphere. Both the SC and BOA and the the citizenry share responsibility because they've allowed this monstrous administration to behave in amoral and illegal fashion for a number of years now. The public has no idea how many lawsuits, grievances, SPED actions are brewing as a direct and costly result not only to the tax rolls but to the reputation of the district. It is the continued assault on staff and students and the general degradation of values and standards that has resulted in a district with a majority of teachers being the least-qualified and a huge proportion in Needs Improvement. The majority of qualified veteran teachers have left, most unhappily leaving much sooner than they would have otherwise (despite lower pay), and the best qualified educators cannot be hired here because they won't even apply due to the lousy reputation. Those that did are leaving quickly, many within weeks of arriving when they discover just how awful the teaching environment truly is. Wake up Melrose! This is as much on parents and pols as it is on CT, RD, and the totality of the horrendous school committee.

CT RD and MD Toxicity
This whole string demonstrates the toxic infection that permeates everything now, starting with the lowest paid paras, whom CT (and her thugs like BC and the elem principals and MF) are playing against each other. This administration is absolutely plagued with this poisonous atmosphere. Both the SC and BOA and the the citizenry share responsibility because they've allowed this monstrous administration to behave in amoral and illegal fashion for a number of years now. The public has no idea how many lawsuits, grievances, SPED actions are brewing as a direct and costly result not only to the tax rolls but to the reputation of the district. It is the continued assault on staff and students and the general degradation of values and standards that has resulted in a district with a majority of teachers being the least-qualified and a huge proportion in Needs Improvement. The majority of qualified veteran teachers have left, most unhappily leaving much sooner than they would have otherwise (despite lower pay), and the best qualified educators cannot be hired here because they won't even apply due to the lousy reputation. Those that did are leaving quickly, many within weeks of arriving when they discover just how awful the teaching environment truly is. Wake up Melrose! This is as much on parents and pols as it is on CT, RD, and the totality of the horrendous school committee.

Please understand - this is what Melrose wants - a dysfunctional school committee and BOA - that's exactly what they have been voting on for the past 10 years! Nothing will change until Dolan is voted out and the SC has a complete change of members - and this may not happen for decades! And this has nothing to do with national politics - just local patronage and corruption! Remember - this is one party state with no balance of thought!

Thinking before you speak or do something. It's about knowing that every day, the choices we make can and will affect our lives. It's about being accountable for our choices in life. We have the right to make our decisions every day, and every day is a new day. But will the school committee make good decisions and the superintendent Cyndy Taymore?Lesson to be learned: Change the school superintendent . short of this nothing changes.

Are you sh*tting me?
paras

Are you trying to say that if you hang with someone management dislikes you're afraid you'll be targeted too? I have two things to say on that subject.
I. If management judges someone by who they associates with and takes negative action against them is atrocious.
II. If you go along with this and disassociate from someone based on who management deems inappropriate you are a coward plain and simple and unworthy of friendship. That coworker is better off without you in their life.
We teach our children to come to the defense of others and you, an adult are too chicken sh*t to stand up. Coward is an understatement.

Show Me Your Friends And I'll Show You Who You Are

Show Me Your Friends And I'll Tell You Who You Are

I don't trust nobody and nobody trust me. [Innocent]

mother
Are you sh*tting me?
paras

That's what we say to our children so they don't get in with the wrong crowd. As an adult you are free to like and be friends with who you want. If management frowns upon those who aren't brown-nosers and you go along to get along with management you are part of the problem not the solution. What a poor excuse for a human being you are.

Really?
mother
Are you sh*tting me?
paras

That's what we say to our children so they don't get in with the wrong crowd. As an adult you are free to like and be friends with who you want. If management frowns upon those who aren't brown-nosers and you go along to get along with management you are part of the problem not the solution. What a poor excuse for a human being you are.

Not in this business you will get targeted by association. You must be new to the system to think management will not targeted you for those reason.

Stupid and laughable paras.

Call the SC Liz 857-544-4923 and Christine 781- 662-2347

The final year for the paraprofessionals. The disruption done on the paras union for the pass 6 months is to put the fair in the union. No leaders, you are forced to go with the teachers and Cindy's agenda along with Marylou. To make it one union and that's the goal.

I think you meant to write fear in the union and you are right. Last I knew the teacher's union said no to letting you join. Know this as this happened to us. We had no leaders as once you become one management goes after you unless you're a sellout. The teacher's union went up on our dues and not a little. Ya, I heard a few paras dealt with CT and worked with her to take your union out. Then those who did it won't take on a union job. Your better off without leaders if it's gonna be members in managements pocket. Good luck.

The paras are going with the teachers union. I wish they talked with me a secretary. We pay 12 dollars and I would rather give it back. What will that para receive if she finalize What DF tried to accomplish before she left office with NB president of the teachers union.

union
The paras are going with the teachers union. I wish they talked with me a secretary. We pay 12 dollars and I would rather give it back. What will that para receive if she finalize What DF tried to accomplish before she left office with NB president of the teachers union.

That's like five more dollars a week more than we pay now. With what we make its too much. Your line where you mention NB, the MEA Pres. and found guilt racist by the civil rights office should give us a big warning sign of watch out. DF worked in the same school as NB and that was far from the first time NB made bigoted remarks. My other worry is something another officer mentioned a long time ago about being part of the teacher union. If there is a problem between a teacher and a para, who's side is gonna have better representing from? A teacher who pays more dues, are 3x more than us, and acknowledged as a working employee of the school or a para, smaller dues, smaller in size, new to the teacher's union and not acknowledged on the school website or in the books? I have only got five years in and I've seen it before but me personally but it happens.

Attorney Wright fought hard for real justice in Melrose. Her courage and intelligence were complemented by her huge, loving heart. She was tough in her tenacity and ferocity, but her heart was always in the right place. Her passing is an enormous loss for our community. Rest in peace, Patricia. Sending deepest condolences to her family and friends.

Stay the Course

For the paras on here, Why don't one of you step up and become the union boss or whatever. The president. Why so fearful?
There is strength in numbers. Stop focusing on minutiae and come up with a reasonable plan for what you want.

Patty advised you to stay the course and as a tribute to her you should do so. She faced down adverse people in this city time and time again. She stayed the course and you can do it too.

No excuses. Be the example that you want to see. Don't be afraid of hard work. Keep witnesses and records. One or two of you have to be strong enough to do this.

The teacher's union has different interests than yours. Stand up. Stay the course.

Re: Stay the Course

Melrose must be the laziest city in Massachusetts.

We voted to remove a officer because

we assumed MR was to be a officer.[xNo]

I recall a spring letter was sent out to coworkers saying she was stepping down. I read it myself.

Then in May we received an email from Marylou about a month after saying there was a union meeting which MR emailed from the school email. I received it. The all para list was the schools email list.

MR and CT did this. My husband says an employer who interferes in a union is prohibited. Why hasn't the MTA filing a charge against the school? Who wants a union officer who conspired with the boss? Not me.

Union City Blues
For the paras on here, Why don't one of you step up and become the union boss or whatever. The president. Why so fearful?
There is strength in numbers. Stop focusing on minutiae and come up with a reasonable plan for what you want.

Patty advised you to stay the course and as a tribute to her you should do so. She faced down adverse people in this city time and time again. She stayed the course and you can do it too.

No excuses. Be the example that you want to see. Don't be afraid of hard work. Keep witnesses and records. One or two of you have to be strong enough to do this.

The teacher's union has different interests than yours. Stand up. Stay the course.

Remember Marie Steriti our president for over 20 years. When she stepped down. MF the then hs principal eliminated Marie's job. Then the next year CT fired her. Who wants that?????

The PR Machine is still managing to keep hold of these well-meaning but naive parents, feeding them just enough to let them think they are having an effect and that they can feel proud being part of a "positive" process. They don't realize how they have been co-opted and are being used. They don't realize that they are only being given just enough information to make them Believe.

Thank you so much for reminding all of us paras to "stay the course." Excuse me, but the dedicated paras that I work with HAVE been staying the course...We are spent, overworked and underpaid, that is why most of us have 2nd jobs after school, so we are unable to commit to being on a board as far as meetings, etc.I know for myself, I would, but I am so discouraged at this point after many, many years of trying, crying, and doing my best to support those on the board. Those that are in administration DO NOT appreciate all the hard work that the paras do to support the teachers and the students. We all know they could not do it without us. Parents, PLEASE BE THANKFUL that you have such dedicated paras that work with your children day in and day out. We are staying the course in MANY ways that we know how, the best way we can. WE ARE BEING SET UP TO FAIL.

Not one person in administration cares about the paras. The parents feel the paras are paid by the city.

Re: Patricia Wright

I wish for nothing more
Than just one more day,
For I would give it all,
Just to hear her say.

It's funny how
In life it seems
You take for granted
The most important things.

To feel her close,
And be safe again,
Safe from my own self,
Back with my best friend.

Yes, she was the best,
And at other times the only,
My Friend, you left me here,
And now my heart is lonely.

If you could just come back,
If only for one day,
I'd make sure that I'd listen
To all you had to say.

And now that it's too late,
You cannot speak anymore.
I finally realized,
I should have heard you before.

And if I could do it over,
I'd only change one thing,
I'd tell you that I love you,
And how much joy to me you bring.

No one will ever know
Quite how I feel inside,
And on that day you left,
You weren't the only one who died.

You have always been there, Mom,
And you loved me 'til the end,
So with all my heart and soul,
I love you too, My Friend.

Warning to the paras! Watch out the administration wants you to go with the teachers union. This is the goal to let the para go and only keep one on one paras. The MTA is working for Cindy.

I agree with the post above. My friend is a 54 year old paraprofessional in the school district for years. She worries that if the union goes away, she and her co-workers will be without a voice. Paras do this job because we love the kids. We're not doing it to get rich," some amazing people do this job. We need support from this district, and we're not getting it. There are state and federal rules in place that govern how employers and collective bargaining groups, or unions, deal with each other before, during and after contract negotiations. "They have to take ownership of their union and get people to follow through and come to the table." This is completely on the PARAPROFESSIONALS." The surrounding cities are Paraprofessionals alone and not with the teachers. You need to keep your union paras.

BAJ
I agree with the post above. My friend is a 54 year old paraprofessional in the school district for years. She worries that if the union goes away, she and her co-workers will be without a voice. Paras do this job because we love the kids. We're not doing it to get rich," some amazing people do this job. We need support from this district, and we're not getting it. There are state and federal rules in place that govern how employers and collective bargaining groups, or unions, deal with each other before, during and after contract negotiations. "They have to take ownership of their union and get people to follow through and come to the table." This is completely on the PARAPROFESSIONALS." The surrounding cities are Paraprofessionals alone and not with the teachers. You need to keep your union paras.

PARAS THIS IS ON YOU. FOR YEARS THE SAME ONES WORKED THEIR ASSES OFF WHILE YOU DID NOTHING BUT COMPLAIN. NOW ITS, PANIC, SCARED, OH NO. DIDN'T YOU THINK THOSE WOMEN HAD NOTHING BETTER THINGS TO DO TOO. GOD HELP YOU AS CT AND MLR ARE RUNNING THE SHOW BEHIND THE SCENES JUST LIKE CT DID WITH NB. YOU GET WHAT YOU GET. MEA IS A BAD MOVE. SEE EVEN TO DISCUSS JOINING THEM SHOWS HOW LAZY YOU ALL ARE. G.L. AS TEACHERS ARE FOR TEACHERS PERIOD.

Fault
BAJ

PARAS THIS IS ON YOU. FOR YEARS THE SAME ONES WORKED THEIR ASSES OFF WHILE YOU DID NOTHING BUT COMPLAIN. NOW ITS, PANIC, SCARED, OH NO. DIDN'T YOU THINK THOSE WOMEN HAD NOTHING BETTER THINGS TO DO TOO. GOD HELP YOU AS CT AND MLR ARE RUNNING THE SHOW BEHIND THE SCENES JUST LIKE CT DID WITH NB. YOU GET WHAT YOU GET. MEA IS A BAD MOVE. SEE EVEN TO DISCUSS JOINING THEM SHOWS HOW LAZY YOU ALL ARE. G.L. AS TEACHERS ARE FOR TEACHERS PERIOD.

Survey shows decline in local union membership. Check Local 3817 union and research Branford, CT.

1. Negotiate your salary report today!

2. Personalized pay reports.

3. What are you worth?

5. What could you be paid?

6. Why is Phyllis leaving the MTA?

Who, what and why?

The new union officers, Marylou R, Joanne B, Carol C, Anne M, Allyson C.and

Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better.

As long as the world shall last there will be wrongs, and if no man objected and no man rebelled, those wrongs would last forever.

The votes have not been fully counted yet you jerk.

Now we have voter fraud. First the illegal vote at panera express, now what is wrong with the MTA and union?

Electoral fraud, election manipulation, or vote rigging is illegal interference with... given if the outcome is not the outcome is not affected.

Revelation of fraud can have a damaging effect if not punished...

What to know if the Election was Hacked? Look at the Ballot's.

Testimony Implicates Union Negotiator in vote fraud case 10 MTA workers busted for fraud scheme.

Bill
Testimony Implicates Union Negotiator in vote fraud case 10 MTA workers busted for fraud scheme.

Feds investigate Teamsters Local 399.

1 2 3