Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Melrose Teachers Furious at SC Deselm's Insults & Show up En Masse as MEA to Express Indignatio

"The three newly elected members campaigned on the need for emotional and social learning. They need to start with DeSelm, Driscoll and Felon O'Connell."

Bingo!

What an abysmal, depressing scene watching the rerun of Tuesday night's SC pro forma (charade) meeting, right down to the nauseating crocodile tears and stupid reiterations of the kid cuteness factor from the presentation (exploitation) of "kiddos" (gross) at the beginning of the meeting. This city should be so embarrassed that this is what residents are putting forward as the body in charge of the school system (but it has no shame or class, so it doesn't even know or care how mortifying and damaging the situation is).

Re: Melrose Teachers Furious at SC Deselm's Insults & Show up En Masse as MEA to Express Indignatio

I would like to point out that more than 12 teachers at the high school where out today, a friday, must be good deals at the mall. my student reports that the sub room and cafeteria where everyone is warehoused when a teacher is out was overflowing with students. There are no subs, sub pay is to low and no learning going on at all, obviously no sub lesson plans being prepared by teachers at the HS which is standard practice in other districts. perhaps SC Deselm has a point.

Yes, this is correct and do not forget the LC. The 3 million dollar room with kids everywhere drinks and feet up real relaxed. I think the SC Deselm has a point and she always backs down.