Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: High School

Was the walkout canceled because of the snow day?

I will not walk out of school for all this other stuff. It was to be for strict gun control and Florida victims this is BS.

student at MHS
I will not walk out of school for all this other stuff. It was to be for strict gun control and Florida victims this is BS.
I know who posted this. He is in my AP Calc class. He picks his nose and EATS IT! And even worse, he calls hamburgers STEAMED HAMS!!! What is he, from Albany or something?

Another MHS Student
student at MHS
I know who posted this. He is in my AP Calc class. He picks his nose and EATS IT! And even worse, he calls hamburgers STEAMED HAMS!!! What is he, from Albany or something?
Obviously another bad habit he picked (pun intended) up from his Dad,( who apparently won't let him march). Maybe Dad should let him think for himself. BTW, I have nothing against people from Albany.
Daddy, isapparently trying to mold his son into the same loser he is. The poor kid doesn't stand a chance but I wish him well.

THE ADULTS HAVE NOW COMPLICATED THIS WALK FOR THE HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS. Of all the potential targets for propaganda, children and young adults are the most vulnerable because they are the least prepared with the critical reasoning and contextual comprehension they need to determine whether a message is propaganda or not.

Actually, the most lax are those of Vermont. You know, the state with the lowest murder and violent crime rate in New England.

It really isn't funny. These School Committee Members just marched right past the heinous actions of their sole employee (yes, we know the one exception, that goes without saying now). They carried on as if their agenda actually means something, as if it is anything but a game and a showcase to continuously polish their public image.

Jamie
THE ADULTS HAVE NOW COMPLICATED THIS WALK FOR THE HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS. Of all the potential targets for propaganda, children and young adults are the most vulnerable because they are the least prepared with the critical reasoning and contextual comprehension they need to determine whether a message is propaganda or not.
The walk is all PROPAGANDA!!!

How did the walkout go today?

It went VERY well! At the prescribed time, there wasn’t a single student in the building.

Next Wednesday same time same channel. The walk is for everything but the kitchen sink.

If they were so "grass roots", "passionate" and fired up about this issue that is just so important to them, you would think they could have managed to assemble and protest somewhere, even on the snow day... I guess the issue isn't important enough to get out of bed and stand in the cold on a day you have off from school. Only important when you are going to get time out of class, I guess. Yup- power to the people, alright.

Instead of a walkout during education hours, why don't the hold a rally on Saturday morning around 9 AM. Let's see how many show up.

Still divided in Melrose between blacks and whites. The walk out was at ten on Wednesday. No police you could only hear the police cruisers sirens going off. A few students spoke about the issues and one girl said "this is a community of mostly white people and we need to stick together." Blacks stick together more than whites as they should.

If we just get rid of school this wouldn’t be a problem we need to be more like Pakistan

Mike oxlong
If we just get rid of school this wouldn’t be a problem we need to be more like Pakistan
The country that hides terrorist like Osama Bin Larden.

terrorist
Mike oxlong
The country that hides terrorist like Osama Bin Larden.
Osama Bin Laden?

Four Common Mistakes That Lead to Bad Hires(And How to Avoid Them)

1. You fall victim to "The Halo Effect."

2. You don't know what the position really requires.

3. You focus too heavily on technical skills and not enough on intangibles.

4. You treat every open position like an emergency hire.

Drinking the Kool-Aid refers to any person or group who goes along with a doomed or dangerous idea because of peer pressure. The phrase often carries a negative connotation when applied to an individual or group. It can also be used ironically or humorously to refer to accepting an idea or changing a preference due to popularity, peer pressure, or persuasion. In recent years it has evolved further to mean extreme that one would "Drink the Kool-Aid" and die for the cause.