Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: High School STEM Director

Hogg
you do not want to know
Joan
So how bad is the math department exactly? Last year my child had no math teacher most of his 11th grade.
Last year the kids never had a chance in 11th grade math a wash out. Subs everyday or the third floor room disgusting. With all these new coaches CT hired have them help out if teachers are in need of someone permanently. Bring back Jon Morris.
Holy Shiite! You should have paid attention when you were in school.
I am still in high school so that tells you enough.

Each year in various schools there are teachers who are hoping to make tenure. This year imparticular we have some really good teachers I hope get to stay on. Unfortunately, there are teachers and employees that need to go that aren't unionized. Why is it, or so it seems, that Taymore tends to keep those who are doing unethical things to others and while letting decent employees go?

Dirty teachers protected by tenure and unions. To be clear, as a nation we are blessed with many incredibly hardworking talented, and dedicated teachers. They're worth much more than they're paid and it's been dispiriting to watch them get blamed for issues beyond their control, for instance, bad policy choices that have led to soaring pension costs in some states. But let's make it clear: there are more than a few teachers who shouldn't be teaching. Just ask their peers. In survey after survey, teachers themselves say that not all of their colleagues should be teaching and that some have tenure who shouldn't. The data bear this out, too, But a small subset of them are startlingly bad, and they should be doing something else for a living.

Listen up, Mrs. Mayor - putting your own house in order is your number 1 priority.

The only legitimate Mayor would have been voted in by those who are registered to vote. A special election is the only way it would have been fair to taxpayers.

GI is a BFF of MD and has been known to praise Paymore Taymore for years. She has also helped coverup all the MPS mistakes. Gail like Rob does not like to be questioned. Like Trump and Dolan, she will never admit a mistake. This does not bode well for the schools! All the mommies shouldn't automatically swallow the superficial bull **** that a female Mayor is so great, if the person is unqualified. Melrose education needs help on so many levels. The SC and MPS ( Taymore, Adams and Sp.Ed. Director) are a disaster. Hoping for leadership by the new SC members. Hope that the new women on the BOA aren't just rubber stampers and show some guts not to go along just to get along. When is the Ward 5 seat ever going to be filled?

Don't count on those so-called Dem feminists now on the BOA to represent civil rights, women's rights, or frankly, just basic American rights. Jen & Kate have already proven their disgusting willingness to be rubber-stamps for the worst values, cheerleading GI into office and smearing with snide insinuations some of the other candidates. Melrose has sunk to new lows, and these women are a part of that downward spiral in a major way.

Almost the entire school administration has turned into a mean girls club, from Lucretia McNasty on down. All that's missing is Sam Hammar replacing Obremski, and we'd have Mean Girls and the Felon.

And Melrose can't figure out why the system is in the toilet and the entire educational community statewide is laughing at us. What I can't figure out is how the so-called "educated professionals" we hear have moved to Melrose have allowed themselves to be so thoroughly snowed by these twits and their co-conspirators, the realtors. I guess they're not as smart as they think they are.

"Almost the entire school administration has turned into a mean girls club, from Lucretia McNasty on down. All that's missing is Sam Hammar replacing Obremski, and we'd have Mean Girls and the Felon.
And Melrose can't figure out why the system is in the toilet and the entire educational community statewide is laughing at us. What I can't figure out is how the so-called "educated professionals" we hear have moved to Melrose have allowed themselves to be so thoroughly snowed by these twits and their co-conspirators, the realtors. I guess they're not as smart as they think they are. "

SO TRUE, sadly. Can't stand Lewis but am thinking seriously of working on his campaign just to stand in the way of yet another of these nasty women getting elected with their sanctimonious and utterly fake claims as protectors of women's rights or any other virtue, for that matter. They are simply opportunistics of a vicious variety, so trendy in today's Melrose, and hurting the very causes they are supposed to be representing. Frightening and utterly revolting.

Watch the SC meeting where Lucretia's true colors showed clearly when she took such offense to the parents who were unhappy with the new lineup for ECC. The nastiness just oozed from every pore. I guess a beyatch is just a beyatch no matter what she's wearing. I keep hoping she'll choke herself on one of those stupid scarfs.

Advice
Listen up, Mrs. Mayor - putting your own house in order is your number 1 priority.
Blame the SC for not placing CT in the house to let her go not 3 more years.

Superintendent should of been fired by SC not extended and given three long years.