Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bully Teacher Back At MVMMS

Ms. Ahern, the teacher Brow permitted to switch back and forth between science and math to avoid getting her masters degree is back teaching. This is an example of her bully tactics. She ran a shower for a teacher invited every para but one she told everyone she was not inviting that certain para and not to tell. Teachers were invited as well and told the same. Middle school students behave more maturely than staff. She is not nice to students either. THAT'S WHAT FRIENDS ARE FOR...:no_entry_sign:

Re: Bully Teacher Back At MVMMS

At least with an enemy you know what to expect. I think the ms has drifted into the staring title as the most bully school in the district superseding the Roosevelt.

Both have vile, nasty principals who will step on anyone to get what they want. Both have certain teachers who shouldn't be teaching anywhere. Both have backstabbing, viscious support staff who rum to anyone in power to tattle on coworkers thinking this will get them ahead.

I recall the deliberate deletion of that para from the shower that the teacher specifically told those invited not to tell as she wasn't invited. That para had friends who didn't stand up for her, didn't tell her and attended the shower. Baby junior high bull$hit that occurs on a regular bases at both schools. With friends like these I'd rather deal with the enemies.

Friends like that who needs enemies.

The superintendent only hires bullies because they can do her dirty work. Look at all the unwanted principals in the schools. ECC, Roosevelt, Lincoln, Hoover, HM, MVMMS and Winthrop.

Research shows that when a bully is often (but not always) the head teacher - who is increasingly stressed and can sometimes take out their worries about ofsted inspections on their staff. Often valuable support to bullied teachers who are also ill. So get together with others is vital if teachers are going to survive. But too often colleagues are fearful that they may be the next to be bullied.

Friends
Ms. Ahern, the teacher Brow permitted to switch back and forth between science and math to avoid getting her masters degree is back teaching. This is an example of her bully tactics. She ran a shower for a teacher invited every para but one she told everyone she was not inviting that certain para and not to tell. Teachers were invited as well and told the same. Middle school students behave more maturely than staff. She is not nice to students either. THAT'S WHAT FRIENDS ARE FOR...:no_entry_sign:
This defamatory and hateful nonsense about AA is utter nonsense, and obviously it was posted by someone with a personal grudge (some petty, ignorant para, from the sounds of it). AA is one of the great teachers of the district, retiring early because of the toxicity under CT and principal BC. She no doubt has strong personal reasons for returning temporarily, and the district is very lucky as a result. She is a teacher who has fostered the love of learning for many hundreds of students, and she knows how to foster that precious link between student and teacher so that learning is based in trust and strong connection to the subject matter. Welcome back, Mrs. A!

Fake News
Friends
Ms. Ahern, the teacher Brow permitted to switch back and forth between science and math to avoid getting her masters degree is back teaching. This is an example of her bully tactics. She ran a shower for a teacher invited every para but one she told everyone she was not inviting that certain para and not to tell. Teachers were invited as well and told the same. Middle school students behave more maturely than staff. She is not nice to students either. THAT\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'S WHAT FRIENDS ARE FOR...:no_entry_sign:
This defamatory and hateful nonsense about AA is utter nonsense, and obviously it was posted by someone with a personal grudge (some petty, ignorant para, from the sounds of it). AA is one of the great teachers of the district, retiring early because of the toxicity under CT and principal BC. She no doubt has strong personal reasons for returning temporarily, and the district is very lucky as a result. She is a teacher who has fostered the love of learning for many hundreds of students, and she knows how to foster that precious link between student and teacher so that learning is based in trust and strong connection to the subject matter. Welcome back, Mrs. A!
Fact: the shower was for 6th grade Science teacher Jen on team C.
Fact: the para that was deliberately omitted from that shower worked on the 6th grade C team.
Fact: the para was BW, who has since retired.
Fact: AA also stated the same to me.
Fact: inadvertently BW found out about the shower and thinking she was invited ran out and bought a gift and dessert attending the party.
Fact: a few days later BW found put and was humiliated beyond comprehension.
Fact: AA is a bully and it was allowed to occur.
Fact: MVMMS is still a vicious bully school starting with the principal.

Defaming a great teacher because someone didn't get invited to a shower? Are you kidding? This is true Melrose Mean Girls nonsense!

For almost a year I was working in collaboration with her. She was mean spirited. Ugly came naturally to her. Only a mean girl like you would think it's ok to leave out only one person AND tell others not to tell so EVERYONE knew. Some thought it was wrong and didn't want to attend but didn't want there to be a poor showing at the shower. I didn't know that para found out. I feel aweful for her. Leaving her out was juvenile and cruel. Oh, and I am a former teacher who attended.

"Oh, and I am a former teacher who attended."

Sounds like it's fortunate that you're a FORMER teacher. What kind of "teacher"? One of Joe's supposed "co-teachers" (dressed up aides) perhaps? Or one of Cyndy's lowest-rung poorly educated paras or rookies?

As stated before, this is juvenile, petty smearing of a fine teacher, and yes this is spoken by someone with direct experience.

And if this was such a huge bloomin' issue about which you had so much insider info about the supposedly horrid person organizing it, why did you attend?

MVMMS
"Oh, and I am a former teacher who attended."

Sounds like it's fortunate that you're a FORMER teacher. What kind of "teacher"? One of Joe's supposed "co-teachers" (dressed up aides) perhaps? Or one of Cyndy's lowest-rung poorly educated paras or rookies?

As stated before, this is juvenile, petty smearing of a fine teacher, and yes this is spoken by someone with direct experience.

And if this was such a huge bloomin' issue about which you had so much insider info about the supposedly horrid person organizing it, why did you attend?
It happened. I didn't attend but was invited and told not to tell Bonnie. Enough employees who were there at that time still work at the middle school and know it happened. You're just making it worse by denying it A. Best stop perhaps before someone else posts another truth.

All this angst and nastiness because a para named Bonnie didn't get invited to a shower? Wow. Not sure I'd want to know the details given the juvenile nature of those posting of the horror of this so-called "bullying." With so many truly serious issues, it's amazing that this would have jumped to the top of the pile for urgent posting. But then this is Melrose, after all, and who gets invited to parties must really matter to some. Quite a pathetic indication of what constitutes an issue here.

Would having that one para there ruin the party? Or is it better to cast a shadow over the event by intentionally and maliciously leaving someone out? One person. On purpose. Very hurtful. Crude. What goes around comes around so that teacher's day will come. It usually does.

I never was bullied much so I do not bully anyone. What has struck me is that often the female bully is fat. The trauma from those years of childhood bullying remains to blight their adult life.

Most bullying prevention is aimed at students. What happens when adults are the aggressors?

Most of my life I ws over weight and kids made fun of me starting in middle school.

Who Cares? I care!
Would having that one para there ruin the party? Or is it better to cast a shadow over the event by intentionally and maliciously leaving someone out? One person. On purpose. Very hurtful. Crude. What goes around comes around so that teacher\\\'s day will come. It usually does.
Students are at least four times more likely to be taught by uncertified teachers. We heard accounts from across the country about the breadth and depth of the problem. The data in 2016-2017, at least 87,000 positions were not filled by a fully certified teacher. It's time to turn from denying the problem to working on the solutions,

How to resolve the problem your school should be open to work with you to ensure that the relationships between teacher and teacher are positive and that any issues of bullying are addressed immediately.

Many teachers are not certified in the MPS.

Pat
Many teachers are not certified in the MPS.
How is that possible? Who would hire a teacher who is not certified? A public school has to report its staffing to the state. Wouldn't a bunch of uncertified teachers cause the state some concern?

A waiver is valid for one year, and an educator must demonstrate progress toward earning a license in order for a waiver to be renewed for an additional year. Employment under a waiver does not automatically apply toward Professional Teacher Status for educators who have not yet obtained PTS.