Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: More Staff Leaving the High School?????

Locomotive
Guilty
teacher and president of the union
Taxpayer,........,
The truth about Melrose schools. Wake up people do research on the schools turmoil.Just look at how much money has been spent in legal fees defending guilty school committee chairs, school administrators .

Defending the teacher NB is what CT did and the money had to be paid to the student. Now the superintendent is having her and the administrators have employees not use the union. She then learned what happened in this situation with NB.
There are so many levels of corruption here, racism, collusion, retaliation... Melrose does not smell like a rose.
The lesson is things aren’t always going to go as expected.
Thinking before you speak or do something. It's about knowing that every day, the choices we make can and will affect our lives. It's about being accountable for our choices in life. We have the right to make our decisions every day, and every day is a new day. But will the school committee make good decisions?

The community needs to get involved with JVS. CT this is for a diversity in Melrose look into it.

This is Mr. Merrill's first year and he did a remarkable job. Hopefully the administration won't corrupt him too.

JVS
The community needs to get involved with JVS. CT this is for a diversity in Melrose look into it.
Tomorrow is the SC meeting. Just checked the web site and there is no packet or agenda. How many times does the SC have to violate the law, get caught and be able to get away with it? Margaret Driscoll you SU℃K!!! Get that good for nothing bit©h out!

Outraged
JVS
Tomorrow is the SC meeting. Just checked the web site and there is no packet or agenda. How many times does the SC have to violate the law, get caught and be able to get away with it? Margaret Driscoll you SU℃K!!! Get that good for nothing bit©h out!
Not for long.

More violations at the school. This is the principal that is asking some of teachers with brown noses to ask if families goes on Melrose Messages .

Not the new principal at the high school are you sure? If so than management got to him so fast. Melrose Messages is 99.9 percent true and why would anyone care if not true.

MHS
Not the new principal at the high school are you sure? If so than management got to him so fast. Melrose Messages is 99.9 percent true and why would anyone care if not true.
The real question.Whats going on at the schools?It is all true.

MHS
We can all joke about it - but the topic is serious and the implications to our students .

I agree that more staff will be going to other cities.

agree
I agree that more staff will be going to other cities.
Department of Special ED in Melrose is a disgrace it falls on PWL in the business world she would have been fired.I have dealt with this piece of garbage. I hired a advocate 6 years ago my child 's ed plan was not met and was bullied by special Ed teacher. Melrose paid for private school. You want to change this School System do something stop writing on this board. Follow Boston Latins example parents picket. They got their Superentant to step down.

Follow Boston Latins example parents picket. They got their Superentant to step down.The community needs to get involved.How many times does the SC have to violate the law, get caught and be able to get away with it?

Follow Boston Latins example parents picket.
Follow Boston Latins example parents picket. They got their Superentant to step down.The community needs to get involved.How many times does the SC have to violate the law, get caught and be able to get away with it?
Think about it the community with Parents Picket at any time. May be any one in the community/ yes.

This superintendent needs to go.It is time fire her.

AP scores are not good at MHS again.

The Big Show
Think about it the community with Parents Picket at any time. May be any one in the community/ yes.

Sounds good but you would have to pull your children out of the schools. The teachers and administration would make their life pure hell. Then you would have to sell your house and move.

You make your own choice on what you write or just read. The MPS is corrupt because its all white and democrats no diversity. Check out the sight JVS you will enjoy the new way of life.

The Big Show

Pick a date and have signs made about our children and how we are asking the SC to listen, notice and hear us. Our children come first and you are making them a caboose.

sounds great
The Big Show

Sounds good but you would have to pull your children out of the schools. The teachers and administration would make their life pure hell. Then you would have to sell your house and move.
The lesson is things aren’t always going to go as expected.

How do you know about AP scores? The exams are being graded as we speak.

More violations at the school. This is the principal that is asking some of the
teachers with brown noses to ask if families goes on Melrose Messages.

Mr. Merrill the high school?

If this is true we are in trouble.

Good evening to you all, after reading this post I am not surprised that school administrative teachers are asking students, 'do the parents post on the message board?' The truth of the whole thing is, it is none of their business. Apparently the message board is doing the job it's supposed to be doing. That's the freedom of speech. Because when you get down to it, going to a melrose school committee meeting, participating, or speaking at the meeting, if they don't like what you're saying. or talking about you'll never get to talk for five minutes. A real concern here is, why are they asking the students, they play a lot of games here, getting back at students and parents. My message to the school administration and the school committee and our superintendent; if you folks aren't retaliating against other folks that file these complaints, people probably wouldn't go to the message board, but I guess we're at the point, that the message board is having an impact. Because the truth is being spoken, and maybe that is starting to bother the administration folks, our superintendent and probably making our mayor a lot more nervous now. There concern should be, what is the next scandal that is going to happen, if it isn't a scandal, or do we have more corruption coming our way? Maybe the one thing that you should keep in mind is, social media will sure as hell not shut it down. So you need to all grow up, and realize that a lot of the bull that has been going on for sometime now, needs to end. Maybe the best example look at the high turnover of principles. We're almost at the end of the year, how many more teachers are going to leave? Because this isn't about teaching in Melrose, this has to do more with what our superintendent want and some folks on the school committee. Let's add one more thing to this; How many IEP's were on a compliance? Basically in simple language, how many children were missing the services that they deserve and that they should have with their IEP. You folks should be worried about all of us in the community because we're all talking. Not only the folks with children in the school system but also folks with children that are long gone out of the school system. My message to mayor dolan, superintendent; start doing your jobs, teach our children and stop worrying about retaliation against the children and the parents. Sooner or later, someone will take you to court over the possibility of false charges. You all have a great evening, look forward to comments.

Clean the swamp I have been writing those words on the string its a waste of time. You are correct administration is feeling the heat with MM. The bullies and kiss ass need not apply.

While there are some very good teachers at MHS and in the other schools we need to figure out a way to rid the school of the racist, homophobs, connected asshats and just plain crabby ones who have been there too long.

Melrose
Good evening to you all, after reading this post I am not surprised that school administrative teachers are asking students, 'do the parents post on the message board?' The truth of the whole thing is, it is none of their business. Apparently the message board is doing the job it's supposed to be doing. That's the freedom of speech. Because when you get down to it, going to a melrose school committee meeting, participating, or speaking at the meeting, if they don't like what you're saying. or talking about you'll never get to talk for five minutes. A real concern here is, why are they asking the students, they play a lot of games here, getting back at students and parents. My message to the school administration and the school committee and our superintendent; if you folks aren't retaliating against other folks that file these complaints, people probably wouldn't go to the message board, but I guess we're at the point, that the message board is having an impact. Because the truth is being spoken, and maybe that is starting to bother the administration folks, our superintendent and probably making our mayor a lot more nervous now. There concern should be, what is the next scandal that is going to happen, if it isn't a scandal, or do we have more corruption coming our way? Maybe the one thing that you should keep in mind is, social media will sure as hell not shut it down. So you need to all grow up, and realize that a lot of the bull that has been going on for sometime now, needs to end. Maybe the best example look at the high turnover of principles. We're almost at the end of the year, how many more teachers are going to leave? Because this isn't about teaching in Melrose, this has to do more with what our superintendent want and some folks on the school committee. Let's add one more thing to this; How many IEP's were on a compliance? Basically in simple language, how many children were missing the services that they deserve and that they should have with their IEP. You folks should be worried about all of us in the community because we're all talking. Not only the folks with children in the school system but also folks with children that are long gone out of the school system. My message to mayor dolan, superintendent; start doing your jobs, teach our children and stop worrying about retaliation against the children and the parents. Sooner or later, someone will take you to court over the possibility of false charges. You all have a great evening, look forward to comments.
These people have no shame!

All the summer jobs are given to the relatives first, then the brown noses, and last but not least is the Melrose residents. Most of the staff they offer the jobs to are already making over 50 thousnd a year, plus tutoring children home services just not fair.

A majority of teachers don't stay because of pay - school environment, culture, and admin support - none of which we have in Melrose - that's why teachers are leaving!

Respect The Rights Of Others. Treat others as you want to be treated, everyone has a right to live in the same world you live in. If only that was true in the schools in Melrose.

It's about being accountable..What has to happen for someone to read into this major problem in Melrose.

The one that none of them can hide a major scandal.So may be it is time for the Call for the resignation of Cyndy Taymore.

This is what happens when an administrators disrespect their teachers. Teachers do talk and then the word gets around the educational community that Melrose administrators disrespect their teachers and students as well as parents. Or they could watch this all play out on MMTV school committee meetings as the school committee chair disparages members of the public who speak during public comment.

Thinking before you speak or do something. It's about knowing that every day, the choices we make can and will affect our lives. It's about being accountable for our choices in life. We have the right to make our decisions every day, and every day is a new day. But will the school committee make good decisions and the superintendent Cyndy Taymore?

How many times are you going to repeat this post verbatim? I lost count at 34.

It is what it is.

It's about being accountable Mayor Dolan.What has to happen for someone to read into this major problem in Melrose. CT hired all the principals since she has been in Melrose.No accountable.

Melrose Resident
Fix the Charter
and PWL and Brent and all the h.s. bozo brigade and most of the elem principals

This all started with the the election of arrogant and incompetent school committee members headed by self-serving chairpersons. They dish our enough favors to remain in office for years - developing a school network to ensure re-election for years to come - while parents are too busy trying to scrape by paying little attention to the education of their children. The schools imploding is the only event that will change this formula - which appears on the horizon!

Ridiculous this is still going on. When the impact hits the housing market and it will its going to trickle down. So many teacher's refuse to apply in Melrose thanks to the SC for not doing their job.

Good evening to all of you. Today is the first day of summer. So we begin a time where people start leaving the melrose public school systems; i.e. teachers, principles and whomever else you would include in this. Let's add something else to this, how about the individuals who are not re-running for the school committee. So the big question may be here, does this community still have confidence in our superintendent? Why do I ask that question? Since we have hired this superintendent we've had a high turnover of principles, we've had many teachers leave or asked to leave. So what's really going on here? I think that there is no question here. Our elected officials aren't going to answer the question. Our mayor is definitely not going to answer the question. So how sad is the story going to get this summer. With the revolving door that we have with the melrose public school system. Maybe our elected officials should start listening to the public for a change. But I won't hold my breath on that, because the way that people get treated, when they start asking questions, you're not a very nice person. I think that all of us have experienced that, one time or another. Can we change any of this? Yes, if you have no children in the school system. And no, if you do have children in the school system. Because the word on the streets are, they retaliate against the children and the parents. But there's a bigger problem here. That's called bullying. The big thing that needs to happen here, that we need to stop the bullying, oh yes, our superintendent found a way to bring the police department in when they feel very scared that they are being called out. And say that they are being harassed or bothered, whichever way you'd like to put it by parents who care. Maybe it's time for melrose school departments, our mayor Dolan, our superintendent to be aware, that it's no longer just the parents speaking to eachother in the community, citizens where there children have already graduated from the melrose public school systems are also talking. Maybe they don't realize it. A couple years ago they were looking for an override and it didn't go through. When you treat parents and students and citizens of melrose like they don't exist. Oh yes there's three sides to each story. Let's look at why the melrose public school system doesn't operate sufficiently. We have these norms where our elected officials on the melrose school committee really can't speak for themselves. I think it's pretty funny when other communities use the same avenue. Because the truth of the whole thing is, all of us see what you're doing. It's being spoken about on the melrose message board, emails, facebook, instant messenger and all other types of electronics that send news. The public relation firm, can't keep up with it. You folks need to grow up and start talking about what is really going on in melrose. And what do I mean by that? Education about the children, all. Doesn't matter the classification. To show you how much things have changed here. When was the last time the business manager, actually sat with you all instead of being a guest? I think you think that people are dumb here. And they're not. What's really alarming is the jokes on you. You look like a bunch of fools, because you think the public doesn't see what you're doing. I'm just a person. And the way that I see it, it's not about hiring teachers here, it's not about education, it's about hiring more administration people that don't teach. Maybe the saddest part of all this, do you care at all about educating our children. Or do you all have a hidden agenda. One last word. You folks need to grow up. We elect you to office to do a job, not destroy the system. You may laugh at what is here tonight, go ahead and laugh. Some of you should be ashamed of how you vote, on how you eliminate things and how they are important to every single student in this community. It's even more sad when parents have to step in, create a way for a program; I'll use this as an example, if it was for band or theater arts, it seems to me you do not care. Yes I said the word, you do not care. Let's add a little bit more to this. The conversation on the board has been, do your children go to a charter school or not. I do not blame you if you do send your children there. If it's the mayor, city solicitor, somebody from the board of alderman or the school committee. Because I think the big answer here is you know that they are going to get one good education. Alright folks some of you are going to agree with me, some of you are going to disagree with me. And some of you are going to be totally ****** off at what I had to say tonight. But this is the only place that you can talk about it, you can't talk about it at a public meeting, because the melrose school committee will probably not let you get to your five minutes. Especially if they don't like what you're saying, you'll never finish. Thank you all, you all have a great summer and a safe one. I look forward to your comments or thoughts. I will not put my thoughts out after this one, everyone is entitled to their own opinion one way or another. I'm going to rock the boat here, but I don't really care. Say what you want, we have the freedom of speech, and that's what's important about caring here.

That said it all for how the MPS are being treated. My friends from other cities are even asking what is going on in Melrose. Linda O can only hid how bad the schools are and continue to be.

Chelsea with trees.[8-)]

Nicole
That said it all for how the MPS are being treated. My friends from other cities are even asking what is going on in Melrose. Linda O can only hid how bad the schools are and continue to be.

How did Linda O become Linda O? I mean, how did she make her way to the position of being able to influence so many? I did not grow up here, but it seems like she is very powerful. Is she from a very influential family or self made?

She is co-owner of one of the largest RE agencies in town. It is to her advantage to force all the Realtors in the city to lie to potential buyers about how "wonderful" the MPS system is. It's odd because any potential buyer could google "Melrose public schools civil rights" and have a dozen or so articles appear on how deplorable a record the administrators, city solicitor, school committee chair and superintendent has on civil rights when it comes to minorities, and those with learning, physical or social-emotional disabilities. Likewise, googling "Melrose public schools" and "open meeting law" or "public records request" together yields the same horrendous record of rampant violations of the laws of the Commonwealth (as well as Federal). A glance at the SAT scores for the District under Cyndy Taymore's mal-direction yields the some bottom of the barrel results as compared to the Middlesex League or school districts with similar socio-economic standing. In short, homebuyers are not doing their homework: They are just listening to the hype (aka, fake news) on local realtor websites and the Mayor's blog.

I am calling off from all the BS, bullying, corruption, miserable employees, phony staff, sneaks, fake people, jealousy, cowards, dishonest, all about me people, and say good-bye! The string will be the same in a year. Melrose residents are to slow. While Rob Dolan was warned about the duet from Malden, CT and MA. The brown noses will still be in the system,the mean middle school will be the same, roosey the rats are not going anywhere, and the Winthrop whistle blowers want out. It was real nice to say something see something and not get harassed by people for speaking the truth. Happy summer![o:)]

calling off
I am calling off from all the BS, bullying, corruption, miserable employees, phony staff, sneaks, fake people, jealousy, cowards, dishonest, all about me people, and say good-bye! The string will be the same in a year. Melrose residents are to slow. While Rob Dolan was warned about the duet from Malden, CT and MA. The brown noses will still be in the system,the mean middle school will be the same, roosey the rats are not going anywhere, and the Winthrop whistle blowers want out. It was real nice to say something see something and not get harassed by people for speaking the truth. Happy summer![o:)]
Why the lack of transparency? Do they not want the public to know .

The poster above is correct.

Its no surprise Melrose rejects what is wrong with the town. They laugh say its not true. Why would residents, staff, other cities and much more, ask what is wrong with the Melrose schools.

The principals CT hired should be gone. This is not funny anymore people are being hurt.

How
I guess the problem doesn't affect any of those MEF mommies over there at the Roosevelt because, if it did, the problem would be fixed. Could it be that the MEF mommies are the ones pulling the strings from behind the scenes? We all know that whatever the MEF mommies want, they get. Other than that pesky override which they were unable able to fool most of Melrose into voting for.

A year later and the same old thing just another day.

Chelsea with trees.[8-)]

13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22