Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Bully Teacher Back At MVMMS

All this angst and nastiness because a para named Bonnie didn't get invited to a shower? Wow. Not sure I'd want to know the details given the juvenile nature of those posting of the horror of this so-called "bullying." With so many truly serious issues, it's amazing that this would have jumped to the top of the pile for urgent posting. But then this is Melrose, after all, and who gets invited to parties must really matter to some. Quite a pathetic indication of what constitutes an issue here.

Would having that one para there ruin the party? Or is it better to cast a shadow over the event by intentionally and maliciously leaving someone out? One person. On purpose. Very hurtful. Crude. What goes around comes around so that teacher's day will come. It usually does.

I never was bullied much so I do not bully anyone. What has struck me is that often the female bully is fat. The trauma from those years of childhood bullying remains to blight their adult life.

Most bullying prevention is aimed at students. What happens when adults are the aggressors?

Most of my life I ws over weight and kids made fun of me starting in middle school.

Who Cares? I care!
Would having that one para there ruin the party? Or is it better to cast a shadow over the event by intentionally and maliciously leaving someone out? One person. On purpose. Very hurtful. Crude. What goes around comes around so that teacher\\\'s day will come. It usually does.
Students are at least four times more likely to be taught by uncertified teachers. We heard accounts from across the country about the breadth and depth of the problem. The data in 2016-2017, at least 87,000 positions were not filled by a fully certified teacher. It's time to turn from denying the problem to working on the solutions,

How to resolve the problem your school should be open to work with you to ensure that the relationships between teacher and teacher are positive and that any issues of bullying are addressed immediately.

Many teachers are not certified in the MPS.

Pat
Many teachers are not certified in the MPS.
How is that possible? Who would hire a teacher who is not certified? A public school has to report its staffing to the state. Wouldn't a bunch of uncertified teachers cause the state some concern?

A waiver is valid for one year, and an educator must demonstrate progress toward earning a license in order for a waiver to be renewed for an additional year. Employment under a waiver does not automatically apply toward Professional Teacher Status for educators who have not yet obtained PTS.