Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Childs grades

Oh Nick, Dilly Dilly, not everyone can be the smartest one in the room!!! Although there are several new comers to the city vying for the title.:grimacing:

Have you considered home schooling? I was home schooled by progressive parents and graduated at the top of my class.

I am actually trying to get all the parents to pull their kid's out of the public school system. If you are aware of what happened over at Hoover school recently, I dont know how anyone could want their kid's in this school system.

Good luck with it

So, if you had no brothers and sisters, graduating at the top of your class, in home schooling, means that you were at the top of a class of one?

Have you ever noticed that those who most loudly proclaim how smart they are as a rule................aren't?

Swell
So, if you had no brothers and sisters, graduating at the top of your class, in home schooling, means that you were at the top of a class of one?
I never gave it much thought but yes, I guess I graduated top of a class of one. I hope you are not trying to denigrate my academic achievements.

Can we please get back to the initial post please. They should pull the child prodigy out of the school system.

Far be it from me to cast aspersions!

You spelled aspirations wrong. I used to win spelling bees in school ! :joy:

I admit that I did not use the common spelling, but instead used the less accepted euro-nomadic spelling, as I am want to do.
However, in your haste to correct me, you have also made a faux pas, in that it is spelling “bea”, named after the late Bea Benaderet!

Hester
You spelled aspirations wrong. I used to win spelling bees in school ! :joy:
as·per·sion
əˈspərZHən,aˈspərSHən/
noun
plural noun: aspersions

an attack on the reputation or integrity of someone or something.
"I don't think anyone is casting aspersions on you"
synonyms: vilify, disparage, denigrate, defame, run down, impugn, belittle, criticize, condemn, decry, denounce, pillory

as·pi·ra·tion
ˌaspəˈrāSH(ə)n/
noun
plural noun: aspirations

a hope or ambition of achieving something.
"he had nothing tangible to back up his literary aspirations"
synonyms: desire, hope, dream, wish, longing, yearning; More
aim, ambition, expectation, goal, target
"his greatest aspiration is to win an Olympic gold medal"
the object of one's hope or ambition; a goal.
"fabrics and oriental rugs were my aspirations"
Medicine
the action or process of drawing breath.

They're both wrong, it's spelled asparagus!

We need to get back to encouraging this child prodigy and every other exceptional child to leave the system.

By the way, those who are correcting me for correcting someone else should be reminded to stop the micro- aggressions.

Thank you

AP classes are overrated colleges look at more than that. A 4.4 GPA is very good and calling other children stupid is immature.