Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Racial "disparities"

Agree with "Not Open to All". For the record, some of those cheering the original poster are some of those most guilty of cheering a district, and even working in it, that has been proven to be heinously in violation of basic standards of conduct, not just when it comes to racial issues, but in bullying overall, in mistreatment of special needs students, in atrocious conduct of administrators and elected officials towards any who stand up to injustice. Some of the cheerleaders on this FB post are in fact chronic district sycophants and bullies in their own right, all while waving the banners of MAAV, etc. It's sickening. Some of the communities worst loose cannons are their gushing over the original post, which is something that deserves serious consideration and community self-reflection. Melrose should be ashamed, but it doesn't demonstrated enough of a conscience as a community to be so. Yet the cheerleaders will think that these momentary little outbursts of superficial "concern" by the parent nutjobs prove how great it all is. Meanwhile, the original poster here is the flip side of the fake concerned parents, in this case the openly racist former district employee/parent who needs to vent some hate about those "Metco kids." Wondering if there is any hope for Melrose at all!

Agree with past two posters. One excellent question on that FB page, "Why does Melrose have a Human Rights Commission?" Hypocrisy on top of sickening hypocrisy here.

IF MELROSE IS OF THE MIND THAT YOU SAY IT IS

WHY DID YOU MOVE HERE

Before everyone flips out they should dig deeper into the data. As the old saying goes, there are lies, **** lies and statistics. The data quoted is from 2015 and indicates that there were 14 in-school suspensions (6 involving black students) and 18 out –of school suspensions (4 involving black students). Setting race aside, a discipline rate of 32 actions for 3,717 students over the course of a year seems exceptionally low.

Back to race. What is not mentioned is how many of these involve the SAME STUDENT. Rarely does a first offense lead to an out of school suspension. It would take only a little digging for any SJW to discover that one student was involved in over 50% of these actions. Is this cause for alarm? Should we go to the taxpayers and ask them to start shelling out funds for all kinds of training for our district which is already talking about an override just to stay afloat?

This is pure Social Justice Warrior nonsense. Dig deeper into the issue. Taking action over 10 cases of discipline is absurd.

FB page
Wondering if there is any hope for Melrose at all!

No.

Melrose is NOT open to all. Not even open to those who grew up here, have recently gotten married, have combined careers making $132k, are paying $1800 for a one bedroom apt. and looking to buy and can't afford to pay 50k-100k over asking. And if you did that, did you really think you were moving to a community open to all? Were you looking for diversity? Why didn't you chose Malden? It's funny that you make yourselves feel good by moving to a community with that slogan but in your heart you really don't want the diversity, do you? When I graduated 12 years ago the minority students did get away with a lot more like disrespect to teachers, and loud, obnoxious cafeteria behavior.
Facts are not racist.

Go back to CG,FB and all your racist talk. Take Bill Cosby with you.

I'd like to thank all the guilty white people posting here. Because of your non sense and illogically thinking I have my great President. If you weren't such annoying trash, the country would have probably voted in Hilary. So, again, thank you from a middle class Melrosian : )

Wait a minute you must have not read about the teacher who told the black student to go back to the plantation. Naomi Baline the president of the teachers union along with the superintendent GUILTY!

Not Racist
I\\\'d like to thank all the guilty white people posting here. Because of your non sense and illogically thinking I have my great President. If you weren\\\'t such annoying trash, the country would have probably voted in Hilary. So, again, thank you from a middle class Melrosian : )
All Trump Voters and many of HC's supporters in Melrose will sink the rumored OVERRIDE once again. The political election crap (Dolan and Infurna) and the BOA cowards who continually supported Dolan and his shenanigans for years made politics here null and void. Never showing any guts to ask questions and rubber stamping everything did deep and permanent damage. The SC and BOA Politicians have reaped what they have sowed. Melrose Democratic, Republican and Unenrolled Voters do not trust elected officials or the political "data". Any attempted override will be defeated by siimilar margins.