Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MHS Graduation

Unfortunately I will be unable to attend this years MHS graduation ceremony. I am requesting one of you folks please report back on the festivities.

There are two things we can always depend on at the MHS graduation. (1) The annual angry METCO student speech. I always look forward to the "Melrose is a bunch of racists" speech. Good stuff, nothing like having to listen to a kid who chose to come to Melrose Public schools rip on Melrose and its citizens. (2) Superintendent Taymore's annual speech/slurring contest. Sometimes our highest salaried city employee combines the slurring with diving contest. Mark my words folks these are two mainstays you can bet on every year.

Re: MHS Graduation

New to the podium....pretender mayor.....illegitimate Gail calling for an override to reward the mismanaged MPS.......

Pudwid
Unfortunately I will be unable to attend this years MHS graduation ceremony. I am requesting one of you folks please report back on the festivities.

There are two things we can always depend on at the MHS graduation. (1) The annual angry METCO student speech. I always look forward to the "Melrose is a bunch of racists" speech. Good stuff, nothing like having to listen to a kid who chose to come to Melrose Public schools rip on Melrose and its citizens. (2) Superintendent Taymore's annual speech/slurring contest. Sometimes our highest salaried city employee combines the slurring with diving contest. Mark my words folks these are two mainstays you can bet on every year.
Unfortunately the METCO students are just telling the truth about certain administration officials, legal staff and certain teachers that are as close to openly racist as you can be without stating the obvious. The office of Civil Rights at DOE can give you the details, or you can just google " Melrose Public schools civil rights" and read the numerous reports and newspapers telling the ugly truth.

Did they have a valedictorian this year

yes

My nephew graduated this past weekend when i saw all students were in red i asked why...the answer was they didnt want to affened anyone because we have some students who are trans and they didnt want to make them pick white or red.girls in white boys in red as its always been.But melrose chose to change it because of a couple kids that have this problem and you want to know why this world is screwed up.this leadership in melrose schools has to go.we have had enough of this liberal snowflake crap.......ps talked to a bunch of students at the grad party most are not happy about this but as they said we never have to go back there and be forced to do these things.....way to go melrose.

Thanks for speaking out and why is it red and not white? My son/daughter likes white.

The Division of Special Education and Student Services Provides technical expertise and Leadership in the area of professional development, parental involvement, and the interpretation of federal and state. The office of Specialized Education Facilities under PWL has downright FAILED the Melrose schools.

Mike
Thanks for speaking out and why is it red and not white? My son/daughter likes white.
I have plenty of issues with our school system, but in my opinion the color worn at graduation is so far from having any importance, that it's laughable.

Older resident
Mike
I have plenty of issues with our school system, but in my opinion the color worn at graduation is so far from having any importance, that it\\\'s laughable.
Start with the special education department and the SC who hired her. Residents need to get people to vote next election for a sound SC and not a bunch of flip flops. The sped department was a place Melrose was known for until PWL came in from Georgetown.