Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Really Poor College Acceptances

Blah, Blah, cliche, blah, blah blah. Your apples must have fallen from the tree and rolled all the way down the hill.

As is almost always the case with a bully like No Clue, when you stand up to them, they run and hide.

Good Lord
No one, not one single person, has knocked MHS students. How is it their fault that they go to a third tier HS with inexperienced, incapable teachers (with a few notable exceptions), and an administration that is at best incompetent, and at worst, downright dangerous? You better unplug your head from your a\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\$\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\$.

And just for your edification, this paticular \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"moron\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" has an MA from BC and an MS from Northeastern.
And just for your edification, this paticular "moron" has an MA from BC and an MS from Northeastern.

You spelled "particular" incorrectly. So much for your dual masters degrees.

If you're going to point fingers at other posters and then flaunt your "who cares what college you went to" degrees to boast, suggest that you are more intelligent, and more important for the discussion, at least spell all the words in your written response correctly.

As far as top-tier versus non top-tier colleges, contrary to what many people think, the college that a person graduates from is not a significant factor in whether or not they ultimately succeed in the work place. In my 25 years of industrial experience, I have had many individuals work for me that went to "lesser" schools that outperformed some that attended more prestigious schools. That degree from "Top Tier University" may help you get you that initial position, but don't perform, and soon you'll be moved aside or let go, regardless of your academic pedigree.

Robotics will soon replace all the jobs.

HA HA, Good Lord called out for being just another MM fraud.

Isn't the real barometer whether or not MHS acceptances match up to other similar High School's? I'm guessing the answer is no.

Yes, it is the real barometer, and the answer is emphatically no, they do not. Isn't that the whole point?

Oh, heavens! I made a typo. Shoot me. As for the content of the post, contrary to your assertion, I never said I believed which college you attended made a significant difference in long term workplace success. In any case, that wasn't the original poster's point, which was acceptances, not long term workplace results.

No Clue posted "The most enjoyable part of reading this string is the morons knocking MHS and MHS students for not getting into elite colleges...and you know not a single one of them or their kids did anything more than a high school diploma and/or 2nd rate State U. I bet we have a few Voke graduates chiming in. Keep knocking down MHS kids, you will still be looking up at them and their scholastic achievements."

My response was to take issue with the assertion that posters here are somehow knocking students, which is clearly not the case. The problem is not the students, who are as bright and have as much potential as any students anywhere. The problem is that they are caught in a sub-standard underperforming system and have two strikes against them before they even begin the application process. You can focus on typos if you want, but continuing to ignore the real problem doesn't help anyone or anything. If you want to call out posters for "pointing fingers", why didn't you start with No Clue's baseless assertions and insults? Not surprisingly, you seem to have completely missed the point.

Prove it. Show us stats on similar HS's acceptances.

Re: Really Poor College Acceptanes

No Clue
The most enjoyable part of reading this string is the morons knocking MHS and MHS students for not getting into elite colleges...and you know not a single one of them or their kids did anything more than a high school diploma and/or 2nd rate State U. I bet we have a few Voke graduates chiming in. Keep knocking down MHS kids, you will still be looking up at them and their scholastic achievements.
My Plumber & Electrician went to the Voke...Both own their own businesses, provide jobs to their colleagues and make several hundred thousand a year not to mention the property my Plumber owns, but they ONLY WENT to the VOKE!! Two BC recent BC grads are unemployed and they have several hundred thousands in common with the Plumber & Electrician...EXCEPT it’s STUDENT LOAN DEBT!!