Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Turnoff

MCG turned off the Comment section at the end of Patch’s article on the Override. Shows how nervous the YES group is getting.

Re: Turnoff

Turnoff

MCG turned off the Comment section at the end of Patch’s article on the Override. Shows how nervous the YES group is getting.
You guys and your conspiracy theories are funny.

They turned off commenting because everyone was being *******s to each other. Let's not pretend that you no folks were somehow winning the battle in comments so they silenced you.

MCG did stop comments on Infurna’s Override Pitch. If “One Melrose” was feeling secure, they would allow debate on the Override. This is an opinion not a conspiracy theory. Interesting choice of words on your part. PROJECTION is a tool used by Donald Trump, too.

Exactly

MCG did stop comments on Infurna’s Override Pitch. If “One Melrose” was feeling secure, they would allow debate on the Override. This is an opinion not a conspiracy theory. Interesting choice of words on your part. PROJECTION is a tool used by Donald Trump, too.
You know one Melrose and the MCG admins are not the same organization, right? And there's more than one admin?

What word would you use to describe a group of people working together surreptitiously to silence debate by another group? Cause that sure sounds like a conspiracy to me, which is what you're accusing them off.

Please note any of you are able to post a response to infurnas speech, and comments will be off on that as well, so the yes people can't respond. Override posts are allowed from both sides. Just not comments from anyone.

For the record, I'm opposed to their decision To turn off comments. But let's not make it a one Melrose silencing tactic conspiracy.

Like I said. You guys are funny.

Come on man
Exactly

You know one Melrose and the MCG admins are not the same organization, right? And there's more than one admin?

What word would you use to describe a group of people working together surreptitiously to silence debate by another group? Cause that sure sounds like a conspiracy to me, which is what you're accusing them off.

Please note any of you are able to post a response to infurnas speech, and comments will be off on that as well, so the yes people can't respond. Override posts are allowed from both sides. Just not comments from anyone.

For the record, I'm opposed to their decision To turn off comments. But let's not make it a one Melrose silencing tactic conspiracy.

Like I said. You guys are funny.

Check out the guy who's trying to suggest infurna might be evading taxes in the school section, and then tell me I'm projecting for using the term "conspiracy theory."

One ignorant post made by one nitwit. Why don't you check out my response to that post while you're at it?

Solid NO Voter
One ignorant post made by one nitwit. Why don't you check out my response to that post while you're at it?
Actually, I count two ignorant posts by two nitwits. MCG and One Melrose are colluding to silence all no voters (engaged in a conspiracy, you might say) and the tax guy who doesn't know how to do proper searches.

One Melrose is doing it's best to silence all NO voters. That's not a conspiracy in any legal sense. It's unseemly and unprincipled, but it's overt. It's also as distasteful and disgusting as tossing out unsupported allegations about Infurna's taxes, and counterproductive as well.

Solid NO Voter
One Melrose is doing it's best to silence all NO voters. That's not a conspiracy in any legal sense. It's unseemly and unprincipled, but it's overt. It's also as distasteful and disgusting as tossing out unsupported allegations about Infurna's taxes, and counterproductive as well.
Explain to me how they are silencing anyone? Keeping in mind no voters are still perfectly able to post things in MCG that the yes voters likewise can't comment on.

Likewise, arguing that no voters are wrong or misguided is not an attempt to silence anyone.

And don't bring up that pathetic name calling excuse. No voters have called me and others plenty of names.

Come on man
Explain to me how they are silencing anyone?

And don\'t bring up that pathetic name calling excuse.

Just like that. What right do you have to tell me what I can or cannot say?

Solid NO Voter
Come on man
Explain to me how they are silencing anyone?

And don\\'t bring up that pathetic name calling excuse.

Just like that. What right do you have to tell me what I can or cannot say?
Seriously? That's your best example of "silencing" you? That's basic rhetoric, pal. Preemoting points that I know someone is going to make. I'm not telling you you can't say that - I'm telling you in advance that it's a bull****, bad argument, so there's no point in even bringing it up, and then providing my evidence to counter that point (ie your side name calls plenty).

Putting aside the fact that I'm not part of one Melrose, so that inherently is not them making an effort to silence no voters generally.

Again, pointing out that your arguments or points are flawed (even if I do it before you make the point) is not silencing you. It's just debate 101.

Come on man
I'm not telling you you can't say that.

Bull$hit. That's exactly what you did. Over and out.

Solid NO Voter
Come on man
I'm not telling you you can't say that.

Bull$hit. That's exactly what you did. Over and out.
Haha. Once more, you people are funny.

If I was so successful at silencing you, how are you still talking? You mean telling someone to not say something silences them? Wow!

Blah blah blah. Always have to have the last word, right VuVu? Telling someone not to say something is an attempt to silence them. That it isn't successful doesn't change that. Now go away, please.

Please
Blah blah blah. Always have to have the last word, right VuVu? Telling someone not to say something is an attempt to silence them. That it isn't successful doesn't change that. Now go away, please.
"go away, please."

Oh the horror! I've been silenced! You tyrant, telling me I should go away and stop talking!

Now the no people are silencing the yes people. Anarchy reigns!

Sounds ridiculous, right? Thicken your skin, and recognize rhetorical debate tactics for what they are. Once more, pointing out, in advance, that an argument I know you'll make is stupid is not an attempt to silence you. You could have responded in any way you chose. But I simply eliminated the power of that stupid "they called me names" argument.

You people really need to toughen up if you think saying "dont even make that argument because it is dumb and here is why" is an attempt to silence you.

Blah blah blah. Spare me your sanctimonious nonsense. Voting no. You're neutralized.

As was said by another poster, don't bother to even attempt you engage with this Come On Man knucklehead. He just keeps repeating he same garbage over and over, twisting everything you say to fit his own agenda. Don't even waste your time. Voting no, and one no vote makes him irrelevant.

Tiresome
As was said by another poster, don't bother to even attempt you engage with this Come On Man knucklehead. He just keeps repeating he same garbage over and over, twisting everything you say to fit his own agenda. Don't even waste your time. Voting no, and one no vote makes him irrelevant.
Maybe so. He (or she? ) is a bit aggressive for my taste. But I still haven't seen any of you actually answer his question about how exactly One Melrose is actively attempting to silence anyone. I don't think saying "don't say this because it won't work and is a bad point" really counts as an attempt to silence either.

And keep in kind, negating votes goes both ways. He and I are negating two of your votes if that's really how you want to look at it.