Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Melrose Resident Supports Override

Danielle, please stop inhaling the propaganda. It's affecting you.

I am willing consider voting "yes" only when city hall and the superintendent's office come forward with requested information on past spending as well budget projections. In the past, they refuse to release this information, even to our elected alderman and school committee members who have had to repeatedly enforce compliance with the State's Public Records laws by filing complaints with the Secretary of State's office. I consider this obstructionist and undemocratic behavior by the mayor, school committee chair, superintendent of schools and other complicit public servants as a personal attack against the taxpayers and students of Melrose. This abhorrent behavior continues to this day and was the primary reason the last override failed miserably. Melrose taxpayers would like to make an educated decision on the override, but cannot if these city officials continue to deny information requests.

Children should not be used for leverage!!! The Facts should be what is used to debate an issue. The fats point to no and point to a very scary case of mismanagement in this town, especially in the schools.

Another carpetbagger. Has lived in Arlington, Mohegan Lake, NY, Jamaica Plain, and Somerville. Rather than inhaling the propaganda, is probably helping generate it. Works in the Town Planner's Office in North Reading.

According to the assessor database, she has lived in Melrose for about 3 1/2 years, so probably has no idea of some of the egregious conduct we've been experiencing for 4 or 5 times that long. So listen up, lady. We do not believe the fairy tale coming from City Hall any more than we believed it the last time. They have lost our trust, and once lost trust is difficult to regain. It most certainly will not be regained by continually engaging in the same deceptive behavior. Until some administration regains that trust, we refuse to give them any more than what 2 1/2 allows. Period.

I'm sorry you were sold a bill of goods about the schools when you bought here. You're not the only one.

What A Surprise!
Another carpetbagger. Has lived in Arlington, Mohegan Lake, NY, Jamaica Plain, and Somerville. Rather than inhaling the propaganda, is probably helping generate it. Works in the Town Planner's Office in North Reading.
Disagree with her viewpoint if you want, but looking up someone’s past residences, jobs and other information is - frankly - disgusting. She had the conviction to post her views and also post her name (which you, unsurprisingly, have not) and you essentially doxx her? What the hell? We all know what you’re doing: trying to intimidate someone posting a viewpoint that is opposed to yours.

This goes for this post and also the other thread where I assume you used the same “sleuthing” skills. Be careful, ISP’s are legally required to disclose the identity of “anonymous” posters in response to a subpoena.

Everything I posted is public record, or in the case of her former residences, on LinkedIn, which she herself put online. I wasn't trying to intimidate anyone, but merely trying to establish the depth of her experience with Melrose politics and history, thereby adding context to her remarks and opinions. Is she entitled to post her opinions? Of course, as am I, even if you don't like it.

"Agreed" posted "she has lived in Melrose for about 3 1/2 years, so probably has no idea of some of the egregious conduct we've been experiencing for 4 or 5 times that long." Do you think he/she pulled that out of his/her butt? Do you consider his/her opinion disgusting because he/she apparently looked her up in the assessor's database too?

Additionally, before you start making ridiculous remarks about ISPs and subpoenas, you should probably look up the definitions and requirements for something to be considered libel or slander.