Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Church Override Information Sessions

I just got my church's weekly newsletter, and see that the church is hosting an "Info. Session" on the override. Is that happening throughout Melrose? I have been at my church for many years and do not recall ever having seen this kind of political event before.

Re: Church Override Information Sessions

Which church and when is it?
A church should have the good sense to present both sides equally, and something other than the propaganda and threats running around right now.

This is what happens when the public sits silent and allows politicians to run amock fulfilling their patronage obligations instead of holding true to their oaths of office, as they do here.Is this meeting open to all and the date and Church Name and time .Thank you Discover.

Discover Melrose's
This is what happens when the public sits silent and allows politicians to run amock fulfilling their patronage obligations instead of holding true to their oaths of office, as they do here.Is this meeting open to all and the date and Church Name and time .Thank you Discover.
Just looking at all Topics about this override on April 2 2019.

A church member requested the opportunity to share information with other members of the church. This request was discussed by the Exrcutive Committee of the Church and approved with the caveat that the event be informational and not one sided advocacy. The person offering to share information with others interested is providing a service that is completely voluntary for folks to attend if interested This kind of civil discource is pretty consistent with the mission of the church. Members are service oriented and care about the community. The church has hosted a whole series of discussions over the past seeveral years on how to better serve our neighbors. We have proactively contacted a whole host of other leaders in Melrose to learn more about the city's needs and how we can best serve local needs. Allowing members of our congregation to use the space at their own church to offer a discussion hardly seems like something we should be uncomfortable doing. It is too bad the civil discourse on a lot of matters, not just this one, isnt more respectful and a whole lot less suspiscious and snarky. Being a good neighbor is not always easy but can be easier when you work from a starting place of assuming the best of others instead of assuming the worst. And don't forget, no one ever minds if people ask questions. And grown ups can work together respectfully and still make up their own minds.

Nothing to see here
The pastor/priest/elder of your church invited an informational session. Ask him/her why they did it.

Oh, and God is voting “Yes”. She told me last night.

Actually last time I checked the Lord does not approve of lies, deceit, greed, bullying, intimidation. Now you use children and God as a way to gain voter. That is the all time most Pathetic thing I have ever seen and heard. Now I will vote no

A disgusted Melrose resident

Come On, Man
Really?
Nothing to see here
The pastor/priest/elder of your church invited an informational session. Ask him/her why they did it.

Actually last time I checked the Lord does not approve of lies, deceit, greed, bullying, intimidation. Now you use children and God as a way to gain voter. That is the all time most Pathetic thing I have ever seen and heard. Now I will vote no

Hahahaha. You're hilarious. He/she was making fun of religion, not fishing for voters.

Also, don't pretend like you weren't already voting no. God doesn't like liars.

If God doesn’t like liars, God must be very disappointed in Illegitimate Gail and One Melrose.

Rob Ayles
A church member requested the opportunity to share information with other members of the church. This request was discussed by the Exrcutive Committee of the Church and approved with the caveat that the event be informational and not one sided advocacy. The person offering to share information with others interested is providing a service that is completely voluntary for folks to attend if interested This kind of civil discource is pretty consistent with the mission of the church. Members are service oriented and care about the community. The church has hosted a whole series of discussions over the past seeveral years on how to better serve our neighbors. We have proactively contacted a whole host of other leaders in Melrose to learn more about the city's needs and how we can best serve local needs. Allowing members of our congregation to use the space at their own church to offer a discussion hardly seems like something we should be uncomfortable doing. It is too bad the civil discourse on a lot of matters, not just this one, isnt more respectful and a whole lot less suspiscious and snarky. Being a good neighbor is not always easy but can be easier when you work from a starting place of assuming the best of others instead of assuming the worst. And don't forget, no one ever minds if people ask questions. And grown ups can work together respectfully and still make up their own minds.

I wish it were true. ”And Don’t forget, no one ever minds if people ask questions”.

Come On, Man
Really?
Nothing to see here

Hahahaha. You're hilarious. He/she was making fun of religion, not fishing for voters.

Also, don't pretend like you weren't already voting no. God doesn't like liars.
I find in very inappropriate to be making fun of religion or using it this way. Ignorance at its best

Nothing to see here

Sorry; I checked and God is not registered to vote in Melrose. One less "Yes" vote.