Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fake Profile One Melrose

So there is a fake profile being used by the Yes campaigners I believe the woman was from Idaho and if I heard clearly bodily harm was threatened? Are you serious!

Dear people of Melrose please do not be intimidated into a vote.. the polls are secret and protected.

Re: Fake Profile One Melrose

Not sure what you are referring to.

There was a fake account on Facebook, established in 2016, that was a member of the usual city groups MCG, Uncensored Melrose, Real Mom’s of Melrose., etc. This fake account supported the pot shops, supported the Override and supported breastfeeding. She also commented on the Lime Bikes, whether people should be forced to shovel their sidewalks after snow, and pretty much any topic that popped up on these boards. She had a fake profile (her picture and name were not “hers”, or “his” for that matter), but he/she clearly was “real” in that they were a person that could type and comment on matters in these melrose groups.

Now, to say that she was a “plant” or some sort of “fake account” setup by One Melrose is a tad absurd; again, the profile joined those groups in 2016 (that is a LONG con). I don’t know why someone would spend that much time commenting on a fake account...you’ve put so much time in you might as well meet the people in your community in real life and engage. But who knows?

And the mention of threat of harm? He/She said that the person she was commenting at had better be careful as she was a nuclear engineer and could guide a missle at his roof. Personally, I wouldn’t take that as a “credible threat” or really a “threat” at all. But, to each his/her own on feeling threatened.

That’s the whole story...kind of weird by no sisnster plot by One Melrose. And CERTAINLY not as bad as the MTA walking into local businesses and lying to them; telling them that the override was only to raise commercial taxes. This happened to at least three businesses in towns that have repudiated the “no” stance after realizing how they were lied to. You can see the whole thing in the other thread about the MTA and it’s shameful lying.

Only in Melrose can you people get away with thinking threats are a joke. ONe Melrose if you win be proud that your intimidation got your through. The gentleman who said he would throw people down his stairs to the several people who have said go die to a no supporter to the ignorant teacher who made comments about my four year old at a discussion forumn when i was a yes vote. You people are everything that is wrong with this world. God forbid kids overcome adversity and become better for it. Here s hat makes me sick. Numerous businesses have m=been threatened by Yes voters when they said they were a no. they said no more business with you. So shut up! the town is sick of your propaganda and lies. Be fiscaly responsible and tell Taymore and the MAyor the No side is still waiting for the open debate

Well your wait is over, here is your chance to ask questions, hope to see you tonight!

From Mayor Infurna's blog.....I will host a question-and-answer session regarding the FY 2020 budget from 7-8:30 p.m. on Wednesday, March 13, at the Learning Commons at Melrose High School. City department heads will be part of the panel as well.

We are doing this as one more way to open up this process to the community. We started out with the listening sessions and the community-wide survey last fall, and since then I have been meeting with individual groups and providing information through my blog and the local papers. I am holding this open question-and-answer session to continue that process and to make myself and my department heads available to anyone from the community who still has questions.

If you would like to send a question in advance, please e-mail it to mayorsoffice@cityofmelrose.org or call the Mayor’s Office at 781-979-4440. Questions will also be taken at the event itself.

Naturally the mayor wants the questions ahead of time, just like all these other pre-cooked "listening" sessions. Heaven forbid there is open dialogue in real time! Just another fake Q&A from the illegitimate mayor.

Naturally the opponents are not invited to participate in equal standing.

Naturally, city buildings and city services are being used to promote only one side of this political issue.

Looser
Only in Melrose can you people get away with thinking threats are a joke. ONe Melrose if you win be proud that your intimidation got your through. The gentleman who said he would throw people down his stairs to the several people who have said go die to a no supporter to the ignorant teacher who made comments about my four year old at a discussion forumn when i was a yes vote. You people are everything that is wrong with this world. God forbid kids overcome adversity and become better for it. Here s hat makes me sick. Numerous businesses have m=been threatened by Yes voters when they said they were a no. they said no more business with you. So shut up! the town is sick of your propaganda and lies. Be fiscaly responsible and tell Taymore and the MAyor the No side is still waiting for the open debate
Is this Crazy Mike from the Patch?

Happy to see many Vote No lawn signs around town. I don't think during the last override election any were made.
Funny how this is a nonpartisan issue but you'll never see a Vote No sign at a house with one of those blue lawn signs. These people have an image to uphold. We are the ones that care. We love everyone. We want and know whats best for everyone. But it is an image. I think a lot of them are worried about money same as everyone else and once they're in the voting booth they may just check no.

Ask and Ye Shall Receive
Well your wait is over, here is your chance to ask questions, hope to see you tonight!

From Mayor Infurna's blog.....I will host a question-and-answer session regarding the FY 2020 budget from 7-8:30 p.m. on Wednesday, March 13, at the Learning Commons at Melrose High School. City department heads will be part of the panel as well.

We are doing this as one more way to open up this process to the community. We started out with the listening sessions and the community-wide survey last fall, and since then I have been meeting with individual groups and providing information through my blog and the local papers. I am holding this open question-and-answer session to continue that process and to make myself and my department heads available to anyone from the community who still has questions.

If you would like to send a question in advance, please e-mail it to mayorsoffice@cityofmelrose.org or call the Mayor’s Office at 781-979-4440. Questions will also be taken at the event itself.
Really our wit is over. You hold little pep rallies at these things I saw someone speak and you Yes people started showing. No class! How is that a real question and answer when the Yes slams everyone down. This is not a debate this is a question an answer with an audience filled of the Mayors lap dogs and minions.

So once again if the Mayor would lie to go on tv and have a one on one debate with questions not predetermined to either side then Lets do!

Stop pretending like you are answering the call. It has been asked for months now What did you need time to figure another way to manipulate the process?

City Hall should not be trying to sway votes when people walk in for permits!

Hello,
Yes I post on the Patch. Let me say that I don't care much for insults and I found this forumn pathetic from the start. No facts or information but a place to insult and hide behind a keyboard when the town needs to hear both sides. So what I Vote No. Have we ever met? No..So you plan to judge me as crazy? A loving husband and father. I would say you are beyond ignorant but whats the point you obviously have no class or tact and frankly at this point if the over ride passes so be it because what I have learned through this process is the true colors of this town. If you are not on a certain side you will face a bullying mentality that makes you want to move. So I ask you this..How would you feel if that was a kid in the high school? This is about the schools..We would want to stop bullying in our school but Why can't you stop? Are you so fueled by cruelty? I see so much that needs t change and as I said in my posts money cannot end cruelty, bullying, it cannot guarantee success, but I guess voting no means I am a scum bag, bad father, I should move, go die, the list goes on. I am passionate about my beliefs s the Yes side is but I do not deserve to be bullied because of it. If thats the way to win a vote then you are right I ant no part of this town. Have it. My family will succeed because we believe in a moral compass, we believe in virtues and nobility in what we do. We believe in God. You heard it. YOu can't say that anymore right? Guess what? you don't get to bully me from my beliefs, my vote or anything else because at the end of the day you are petty and small.
Don't be intimidated to vote. Follow the facts and truth.

Thank you,
Mike

When the override failed in 2015, the organizers got together to debrief and plan for next one. The fake profile could have been one of the ideas. The fake profile could say things others couldn't. She could start certain conversations.

You say conspiracy. I say political playbook.

Professional Playbook
When the override failed in 2015, the organizers got together to debrief and plan for next one. The fake profile could have been one of the ideas. The fake profile could say things others couldn't. She could start certain conversations.

I believe that to be true. They were going to go hard for the next override. They did. And it worked. It was a competition that they weren't going to lose.

Now I'm going to have a higher taxes but with little to show for it. I don't know how certain One Melrose people can live with themselves.

Melrose, which has topped lists of the "hottest" zip code in America this decade, has run into issues to the fast rising population the school district's infrastructure. In April voters passed a $5.18 million override by a tally of 6,079 - 4,875 buckled under the pressure of young families flooding the city.

Teachers got a 3 percent raise...

So, if I knock on the door of one of those houses that has an "All Are Welcome Here" sign out front, will they welcome me to come in, have a nice meal, and stay the night? Just wondering.

Professional Playbook

"You say conspiracy. I say political playbook."

So you believe the ends justify the means? That's sad, and dangerous.

The ends do not justify the means but for One Melrose it did. They were not going to lose this time.

It was a very selfish campaign because they harmed and they will continue to harm Melrosians of modest means. Not everyone can afford a $175/month gym. The economic divide between better off and less well off citizens here is greater than it has ever been. In the past there were a few families with money but now there are many more and they want to crush anyone that is in their grabby way. Many of them hypocritically pretend to hold liberal values.

Just a bunch poses playing the game of life.Who are they fooling?Nobody.