Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ECC

It's my understanding that the ECC costs the City a ton of money every year. Why doesn't the City stop administering the ECC, lease the building, or a portion of the building to a for profit child care center and allow them to run the program, pay rent and commercial taxes?

Re: ECC

yes, very sensible solution

also, disbanding ECC and using the fancy rehabbed building for kindergarten needs would be (and would have been) a highly sensible solution

I have been waiting for the SC to explain what they will do with the Beebe School when they reopen it. Nobody knows the answer! Why is there NO plan. Why would you lose the rent and tenants they have now and have no plan. Don’t get me wrong I love the MPS and my city but this override just does not sit right with me. I am going to vote NO. I truly wish we had an elected Mayor in place that would give us their direction on the override. Is there anyone else who feels that this just came up out of nowhere.

Beebe
I have been waiting for the SC to explain what they will do with the Beebe School when they reopen it. Nobody knows the answer! Why is there NO plan. Why would you lose the rent and tenants they have now and have no plan. Don’t get me wrong I love the MPS and my city but this override just does not sit right with me. I am going to vote NO. I truly wish we had an elected Mayor in place that would give us their direction on the override. Is there anyone else who feels that this just came up out of nowhere.

Voting No on the Override!