Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: VOTING NO IS EASY!

Not gonna lie! Was worried about the absentee ballots myself. There is definitely no one who can stop the person opening them from chucking it. Plus they can see who votes no on them.

To the No voters. Don’t be discouraged by all the yes signs around town especially in front of the million dollar homes where I’m sure a couple thousand extra a year is chump change. All we saw last override vote was yes signs and it was defeated. So get out and make your vote matter.

Come On, Man
The fact that you think so little of our community makes me sad, regardless of the outcome. I don't understand how you could possibly come to hate your local government this much.

What I can't understand is how you can't understand. Where have you been for the last fifteen years? Asleep?

There is no hate. But these city officials need to go. They just want to line their own pockets with our money. How about the water bills?? How do you think those ridiculous fees came to be, that surely was not on the up & up?? If there is a surplus of money in that account why not lower the fees?!! But be rest assured they are waiting for this override to fail so they can once again raise our water bills probably would have been raised even if it passed. That’s how much I trust them.. Can’t wait to vote NO!! I agree with above posters I wouldn’t trust hem with an absentee ballot if my life depended on it...

Skippy, there is one NO sign on Larchmont, I believe at the same house as before the last attempted override!

My distrust and disgust traces exactly back to a ballot. One ballot. I was there on the night of Dolan's first election, when the margin was a single ballot. There was one additional ballot that came back not properly locked in the boxes used to transport them to City Hall. The Dolan camp, especially Peter Dolan, went absolutely berserk, to the point where he had to be threatened with arrest by the MPD Sergeant on duty at the election office to shut him up. The abuse that they heaped on the then election commissioner was a disgrace. The Police Chief then quite properly called in the State Police to guard the ballots, rightly removing the Melrose PD from being caught in the middle. The irony was that the ballot improperly returned was a blank.

That was the beginning of Dolan's hatred of the then Chief, and by extension the entire PD, and ultimately led to the Chief's being let go. I knew right then and there that Melrose had just fundamentally changed, and as it turned out, I was right. The rest is documented history, with a list of outrageous behavior and actions that just goes on and on and on, and continues to this day. Everett politics came to Melrose that day, with all it's vicious nastiness. The man is a punk, plain and simple, and he set the standard and the stage for the bad behavior you see today, especially from a great many members of the yes group. He not only engaged in it, he encouraged it. Melrose, for all it's faults, was not like that before then, and seeing what's transpired since then really pi$$es me off.

Come On, Man
Seriously?
My distrust and disgust traces exactly back to a ballot. One ballot. I was there on the night of Dolan\'s first election, when the margin was a single ballot. There was one additional ballot that came back not properly locked in the boxes used to transport them to City Hall. The Dolan camp, especially Peter Dolan, went absolutely berserk, to the point where he had to be threatened with arrest by the MPD Sergeant on duty at the election office to shut him up. The abuse that they heaped on the then election commissioner was a disgrace. The Police Chief then quite properly called in the State Police to guard the ballots, rightly removing the Melrose PD from being caught in the middle. The irony was that the ballot improperly returned was a blank.

That was the beginning of Dolan\'s hatred of the then Chief, and by extension the entire PD, and ultimately led to the Chief\'s being let go. I knew right then and there that Melrose had just fundamentally changed, and as it turned out, I was right. The rest is documented history, with a list of outrageous behavior and actions that just goes on and on and on, and continues to this day. Everett politics came to Melrose that day, with all it\'s vicious nastiness. The man is a punk, plain and simple, and he set the standard and the stage for the bad behavior you see today, especially from a great many members of the yes group. He not only engaged in it, he encouraged it. Melrose, for all it\'s faults, was not like that before then, and seeing what\'s transpired since then really pi$$es me off.
I'm confused. You think that the government might fraudulently manipulate absentee ballots next week because 20 odd years ago or whatever it was, someone got mad that a blank ballot was improperly handled?
Makes sense to me. It was Dolan 20 years ago and its all still Dolanites now. He was and always will be a big baby who is looking out for #1. It was he who got this city to this point. I"m sure his Dolanites will do anything to help him not look bad. Don't trust any of them. Vote No

Once trust is gone, it has to be re-earned. So far, nothing I have seen gives me reason to trust. Do I think someone might go so far as to conspire to throw out votes or falsify the results? Not really, but it's not outside the realm of possibility. We've seen it happen recently in NC and Fla, haven't we? If you do believe that tampering with absentee ballots might be a possibility, show up on April 2d and vote in person.

Come On, Man has quite a bit of free time on his hands.

I'll try one more time, and then call it quits. I cited the ballot story as a way to point out what I think of as the day Melrose began to change to what it has become. It isn't that one individual had a hissy fit over a ballot. It's the day that the Dolan administration set the tone for all the backbiting, denigration, insults, nastiness, viciousness and dishonesty that has seemed to rule to this day. It manifests itself in it's latest iteration in the behavior of some, not all, yes supporters, who paint you as an enemy if you disagree, call you a hater, call you stupid, saying you're hurting the kids, and on and on and on. That's right out of the Dolan playbook. It's basically the same bunch, albeit less up front and more behind the scenes driving this one. McAndrew, for instance - she told so many outright lies the last time she made Pinnochio look like he was on truth serum, and she's neck deep in this one too. She's a weasel. McLaughlin - the guy who steamrolled Dolan's raise, threatening retribution against anyone who disagreed - I wouldn't trust that guy as far as I could throw him, which isn't far. It's not that I don't want to support the schools. It's that I just don't believe that we're being told the truth - again - and I don't trust the administration, from Taymore on down, to wisely manage anything, let alone another 5.18 million. You don't strike me as dumb, and I don't believe you don't know exactly what I'm talking about.

Poster Seriously? gets it. All of it.

Back to the absentee ballots, you are asking someone who stands to gain if the override passes, to watch over the ballots and people are human. I wouldn't want my ballot to get thrown away or peeked at in the office before election day.

Better to vote in person. Vote NO on APRIL 2nd.

Here's some food for thought. The links are available in two posts in the Alderman & City Politics category.

According to the website ClearGov:

Melrose spends 62% more on General Government Spending than similar communities.

Melrose spends 38% more on Benefits and Withholding than similar communities.

Melrose spends 65% more on Sewer than similar communities.

Melrose spends 213% more on School Debt NOT Related to Buildings than similar communities.

That's not just mismanagement. That's malfeasance.

Are you listening, Come On, Man?

Seriously?
Here's some food for thought. The links are available in two posts in the Alderman & City Politics category.

According to the website ClearGov:

Melrose spends 62% more on General Government Spending than similar communities.

Melrose spends 38% more on Benefits and Withholdingthan similar communities.

Melrose spends 65% more on Sewer than similar communities.

Melrose spends 213% more on School Debt NOT Related to Buildings than similar communities.

That's not just mismanagement. That's malfeasance.

Are you listening, Come On, Man?

So, what do you say BOA 9 Sychopants ? Loved the picture of “One Melrose” elected “leaders” lecturing people who struggle to pay their bills that they need to invest in the futue. VOTING NO.

Knock it off, troll. Idiot.

Who cares? Trolling is the bottom of the barell.