Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Yes vote

One Melrose please please stay observant with the city and how the override funds are dispersed! Make sure you get what was promised to you ok! I have been here for a long time and sometimes things do not go as planned. Go through the final budget and look for changes. Hopefully they will hire more paraprofessionals. Hopefully they will do something about the substitute situation. Keep asking about the Beebe and give your opinions. You worked very hard for this to pass and hopefully they will listen to you. Good luck !

Re: Yes vote

I don't know how many yes voters come here now that the vote is over. One Melrose checked here as part of their election strategy. It was to squash anything negative said about them. I loved it when they said a friend told me ... then proceeded to write their defense When we called them out. Both of those women were lying about bribing kids and the fliers.

If you feel comfortable share your post on Facebook group uncensored melrose. They flock there too. Part of the election strategy.

Share all over
I don't know how many yes voters come here now that the vote is over. One Melrose checked here as part of their election strategy. It was to squash anything negative said about them. I loved it when they said a friend told me ... then proceeded to write their defense When we called them out. Both of those women were lying about bribing kids and the fliers.

If you feel comfortable share your post on Facebook group uncensored melrose. They flock there too. Part of the election strategy.
If you research #GOTV you are exactly right....unfortunately MTA was less organized, and it cost all of us. Of course, when the financial documents for both groups are published, you will find that one group outspent (by a large margin) the other.

No doubt one Melrose spent much more. MTA was more truly grassroots. I didn't know Sam Hammer was running the campaign until recently. She ran her own campaign and has gone to formal campaign training so she knows the angles which explains what they were doing.

The 2015 override was more evenly matched and NO won.

This time the yes group had a cold blooded strategy and it worked. That's why they were on internet groups like uncensored melrose, the patch, places you don't usually find these types. The hyped message was like a slogan and they kept repeating it. They would attack in a swarm, and to get people scared would really go low on what doom was going to happen if the override didn't pass.

The incident with the fliers felt staged. Playbook says, at the end of the campaign, a day or so before the election, get some bad publicity for the other side so it is fresh in the voter's minds. Publish the negative information everywhere.

One Melrose was a local campaign but I wouldnt call it truly
organic grass roots. MTA needs to step it up in future elections but it's difficult because not all anti override people are the same. People don't want their taxes increased for many different reasons. The one Melrose people were taken in by the threat of a near government shutdown starting with the schools.

Professional Playbook
No doubt one Melrose spent much more. MTA was more truly grassroots. I didn't know Sam Hammer was running the campaign until recently. She ran her own campaign and has gone to formal campaign training so she knows the angles which explains what they were doing.

The 2015 override was more evenly matched and NO won.

This time the yes group had a cold blooded strategy and it worked. That's why they were on internet groups like uncensored melrose, the patch, places you don't usually find these types. The hyped message was like a slogan and they kept repeating it. They would attack in a swarm, and to get people scared would really go low on what doom was going to happen if the override didn't pass.

The incident with the fliers felt staged. Playbook says, at the end of the campaign, a day or so before the election, get some bad publicity for the other side so it is fresh in the voter's minds. Publish the negative information everywhere.

One Melrose was a local campaign but I wouldnt call it truly
organic grass roots. MTA needs to step it up in future elections but it's difficult because not all anti override people are the same. People don't want their taxes increased for many different reasons. The one Melrose people were taken in by the threat of a near government shutdown starting with the schools.
Sam H. didn't succeed with her first campaign, so I guess this was vindication. The amount of misinformation put out by the Mayor and One Melrose was staggering. But as you said they played it by the GOTV playbook. I have never seen people so happy to spend their money and that of their neighbors. This override really showcased the dirty underbelly of what Melrose is, and will be.

That happiness is make your supporters feel like the cause will die without you. The outcome is so important that a hundred lies don't matter as long as we WIN. It's similar to a cult.

I'm disappointed about paying extra taxes that I don't think are necessary but I am more sad and a angry that these frauds are my neighbors. I don't want to live in Melrose right now.

Remember how the One Melrose would say How can you say that? when a NO voter was confronting some liar. He is out friend and neighbor. Even before I knew about the election science strategy, I knew it was manipulative.

These Sour grapes are priceless. Keep em coming. So entertaining.

Ha Ha
Oh look....another child making funnies...HAHAHA

Ha Ha
Not sour grapes. Monday morning quarterbacking. Analysis.

The yes people did this after their defeat in 2015 and look where it got them.

You can say they were organized, but it's so ironic they took their entire campaign right from the Republican/Trump playbook. The people behind the override believe they are the opposite of Trump, but they lie the same way. They put out misinformation and repeated it over and over. They got their base to believe all the lies as if it was gospel truth. Here are some examples:
Schoolparents believed their kids wouldn't get to college.
Drama parents believed there would be no drama.
Library patrons believed there would be no library.
Seniors believed there would be no senior center.
Sports parents believed there would be no parks, and no sports.
Had OneMelrose been authentic, the conversation about the override could have been about what's broken and what can be fixed. They wanted to make it only about money. Notice they didn't ever say what they will do to fix anything. Now that they have the money, everything will stay the same.

You are 100% correct...very little if any of the additional override money is going to improve the facilities, parks, library, ect. It was all about hiring more personnel, and giving out raises. Plain, simple, end of story

Lies
You can say they were organized, but it's so ironic they took their entire campaign right from the Republican/Trump playbook. The people behind the override believe they are the opposite of Trump, but they lie the same way. They put out misinformation and repeated it over and over. They got their base to believe all the lies as if it was gospel truth. Here are some examples:
Schoolparents believed their kids wouldn't get to college.
Drama parents believed there would be no drama.
Library patrons believed there would be no library.
Seniors believed there would be no senior center.
Sports parents believed there would be no parks, and no sports.
Had OneMelrose been authentic, the conversation about the override could have been about what's broken and what can be fixed. They wanted to make it only about money. Notice they didn't ever say what they will do to fix anything. Now that they have the money, everything will stay the same.

This! Spot on! Thank you!