Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
School Committee

Taymore says she is “giddy” to spend money? Are you serious? That is hard earned money from the people of Melrose. I am asking you all in the community to do something. We need to hold the board and committee accountable. Email the board, email
Taymore and email the mayor.. come on how much longer are we going to let these people mismanage hard earned money.

Re: School Committee

Of course she is giddy....she stands to get a substantial raise, along with her incompetent staff and cronies. Melrose just handed her an additional 5 million a year. And you think she and the school committee have any accountability? Doubtful

VOTE NO
Of course she is giddy....she stands to get a substantial raise, along with her incompetent staff and cronies. Melrose just handed her an additional 5 million a year. And you think she and the school committee have any accountability? Doubtful

I am certainly no Taymore superfan. She is at best nothing special in terms of superintendents, but superintendent raise was not part of the 5.19 million voted on the ballot. Definitely won't happen this year. Maybe next year but probably not then either based on the climate. I bet you won't show back up when it doesn't happen then either and eat crow for it, though.

She is most likely giddy because she doesn't have to make horrible cuts to her programs and staff. Any boss should feel giddy at that.

No
VOTE NO

I am certainly no Taymore superfan. She is at best nothing special in terms of superintendents, but superintendent raise was not part of the 5.19 million voted on the ballot. Definitely won't happen this year. Maybe next year but probably not then either based on the climate. I bet you won't show back up when it doesn't happen then either and eat crow for it, though.

She is most likely giddy because she doesn't have to make horrible cuts to her programs and staff. Any boss should feel giddy at that.
Unbelievable how naive some people are....but then again, that's Melrose for you. But I would hazard a guess that YOU won't show up when she does get a raise. For now, we can wait and see what happens with an incomplete budget, and new funds to spend. 😁

Poor planning on Taymore's part is right. Your city has a hotly contested override for school funding and you think that putting forth a less detailed budget than in previous years is going to fly? It's insulting and disrespectful to the citizens.

I wouldn't be surprised if she did get a raise. Even if it's not until next year, it's still the override money being used. without the override, could she have gotten a raise?

There were going to be no program cuts. Certain things are now getting expanded but that's all.

My question is this.. she said there were two budgets.. one of the override went through and one of it didn’t.. how did she not have a complete one when at the star of the override madness she said she had two? She did not use giddy out of context.. I believe she is a huge problem in the schools she allowed a civil rights law suit happen. You take a racists teacher and just put her in a different grade? I would like to also point out that this lady has been more two faced than anyone is town.. first the schools are flourishing and then it’s doomsday we need money for spacing but how did the PODS do? She said 5-10 years they would help, 8 months later she is back about spacing.. all I’m saying is she can’t manage and we listened to yes side campaigners speak how aweful the schools were becoming and the mayor said it too but yet no one looked at her and said why? Her and Dolan said “the schools have never been better.” Then with Gail it’s we are in trouble.. I have talked with her and find her less than pleasant and even in a simple conversation she says one thing and then the opposite.. I didn’t vote on the override for a few reasons.. did I think the schools needed money? Yes? But did I trust that money with the people managing this town and athe schools absolutely not.. o wanted to see an elected mayor some fresh people on the boards all around with fresh ideas and better management skills. Then I would have said yes. I leaned towards no because it was just a game of smoke and mirrors. I really saw what this town was like and I was sad, that whole override was appalling to me. It was all about the win and we forgot the real reason. I felt 5.18 was way to high after listening to accountants and a CPA but listen it passed and I’m asking we just make sure it’s handled properly because that amount of money mismanaged could send this town into a spiral but properly managed it can send our kids better prepared into their futures.. I’m glad the mayor race is here because Gail I’m sorry should have stepped down she only campaigned one side and did nothing else to run the town.. am I terrified right now.. yes. That override impacts my family and my ability to be here. I also am terrified because I know the library is coming up for spending, a new police station is coming.. I believe they had builders give an estimate.. this is a lot with such incomplete data and a lack or transparency..forget yes or no let’s move forward and hold then officials that run our town accountable..

Agree. Shift/enter allows you to properly paragraph, and makes for a much more digestible presentation.

Maybe the school committee accountability for their votes.Parrots have to dish out more money.Some school committee members.Moneys not issue for that family.How about all the other family.Maybe don;t care about what anybody else says.Maybe that;s why public participation process is a joke they shut you down as quick as they can especially if they don't like what you're saying but if they like what you talking about talk for a long time.Everything they do or not do.Is there transparency and everything they do ?Will anything change? Will all wasps play dumper?

The school committee prefer not to hear from the public because they probably scared to answer questions Justin opinion.Can you tell me last time ? That you might got an answer you question. Maybe you can use a prefix.

Hope This Helps
Agree. Shift/enter allows you to properly paragraph, and makes for a much more digestible presentation.
You are absolutely right. I don't know why anyone would expect you to even try to read what amounts to a page long run-on.

But what do you propose for dealing with the prior two unintelligible rants? Unbelievable.