Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
The POSERS

I believe PAUL Brodeur there tonight and i was not impressed.Has he forgotten about running for mayor?I was at a public meeting he talked about things that might help melrose funding repairs to the arts.Maybe Paul has to remember just showing up all public events will not you elected as mayor.IT like at picture in the paper.Meeting 6 13 2019.The Poses every candidate has to prove themselves. We have a lot of poser.Have big shoes to fill.The question becomes.WHOS going to work at it hard?

Re: The POSERS

Schools use the programs that make money to fund other programs, such as their actual academic necessities, such as textbooks and technology. Because of this, schools are cutting much of the fine arts because they won't bring in as much money as sporting events...He has no clue.

PB is an empty suit, or rather a pretentious HAT (the one he likes to skulk around in to impress everyone). He's anything but impressive. He has always been a no-heavy-lifter, basically useless. But he's extremely entitled and feels he's owed this mayorship. He does not deserve it! He has actually accomplished about zero for Melrose, despite his many years on the public payroll. He's looked at as merely a lightweight at the State House, always playing the game trying to be smooth (but always being a bit off, never committing himself to anything that would demonstrate a backbone, always taking the easy rode where he won't chip a nail). Nope, nope, and nope.

Is PAUL Brodeur for the people from self?

Who are “the people from self”?????

Paul Brodeur is a follower and not a leader - example - his time as our Rep - he goes along - to get along! You would be foolish to vote for him! He is for higher taxes, illegal aliens, and sanctuary cities - I call this out to lunch!

this is what melrose has become a liberal nest very sad.

Melrose isn't really liberal. Lip service is paid to some popular liberal ideals but the reality is that these phonies are out for themselves and their oh so precious spawn. They do nothing to help anybody but themselves. The override is one example where the entire town has to pay for a school system these entitled grabbers are unwilling to pay for themselves.

It's easy to pay higher taxes when you have a lot of money. When you're riding the backs of those who don't, you're not liberal, you're just an ass.

PAUL Brodeur was out her on sunday knocking on doors talking to taxpayers.Gaving credit. How many times he comes out this summer.Thats the big question.I hope you walk this whole community.Nobodys in title.YOU HAVE TO EARN IT.

Nah, not worth it, maybe it’s just the booze.

Fake as Heck
Melrose isn't really liberal. Lip service is paid to some popular liberal ideals but the reality is that these phonies are out for themselves and their oh so precious spawn. They do nothing to help anybody but themselves. The override is one example where the entire town has to pay for a school system these entitled grabbers are unwilling to pay for themselves.

It's easy to pay higher taxes when you have a lot of money. When you're riding the backs of those who don't, you're not liberal, you're just an ass.
Don't have a clear understanding how how publicly funded schools work, eh?

Typical.

Sure I do, it works to screw people without children.
And don't bother with the "well educated children are the future and good for the whole community" BS. That's simply tired, outdated, always been bologna, rhetoric!

Come On, Man
Fake as Heck
Melrose isn\'t really liberal. Lip service is paid to some popular liberal ideals but the reality is that these phonies are out for themselves and their oh so precious spawn. They do nothing to help anybody but themselves. The override is one example where the entire town has to pay for a school system these entitled grabbers are unwilling to pay for themselves.

It\'s easy to pay higher taxes when you have a lot of money. When you\'re riding the backs of those who don\'t, you\'re not liberal, you\'re just an ass.
Don't have a clear understanding how how publicly funded schools work, eh?

Typical.

It's easy to pay higher taxes when you have a lot of money. When you're riding the backs of those who don't, you're not liberal, you're just an ......... //This for come on Man.

Oldie
Sure I do, it works to screw people without children.
And don't bother with the "well educated children are the future and good for the whole community" BS. That's simply tired, outdated, always been bologna, rhetoric!
Did you attend private school? Cause if not, then people without kids paid for your education. Say thank you, pay it forward, and get on your knees and thank God that you live in a time and place where we are all entitled to an education, regardless of our parents ability to pay for private school.

"Screw people without children". Please. Why don't you go visit one of the countries without public education and let me know if you want to move there.

Just look at life.Maybe you are the poser .Come on man.Just calling you out.

Discover
Just look at life.Maybe you are the poser .Come on man.Just calling you out.
I don't even know what this means. Thanks for calling me out though. You sure showed me.

@Come on Man I have an understanding about how municipal funding for schools DOESN'T work. Not when you have an administration hiding money and the SC condoning it.

Mayoral candidate and State Representative Paul Brodeur announced today his top priorities for Melrose in a detailed and comprehensive outline on his website, www.paulbrodeur.com. The policies, which include economic development, community affordability, transparency, education, public safety and infrastructure, can be found in the issues section of the website.

“Melrose is a great city, and the next mayor will have a unique opportunity to build on that foundation and lead us into the future. However, we need to ensure that everyone is involved and has the confidence that City Hall is looking out for them. That is why I developed a detailed outline of what my key priorities will be as Mayor,” Brodeur said. “I want residents to have a clear understanding of where my focus will be and encourage a dialog within the community.”

Brodeur added, “I encourage residents to read my proposals and to share with me their thoughts, concerns and vision for our city. Together, we can shape a prosperous future for all our residents.”

In addition to reviewing the proposed policies, residents can also fill out a community survey on the website to highlight specific issues that are important to them. The survey can be found at: https://www.paulbrodeur.com/community-survey.

Brodeur, who is currently the State Representative representing Melrose, was the first mayoral candidate to turn in enough nomination signatures to be officially on the ballot for the Sept. 17 preliminary election.

The Hat Brodeur is a do-nothing, no-heavy lifter who may have a lot of nice words on a spiffy new website but can't fool those of us who've seen him in non-action for many years.

Paul Brodeur is a follower and not a leader.

Paul Brodeur was out there saturday walking the community.we]ll see how long he does this for.So this is the second weekend he;s been out there this was saturday tremont street.Last week Briggs street.

Walking the neighborhood is all the superficial and easy stuff. He's proven himself over many years that he will never step up to do the hard stuff, let alone when it counts.

So did anybody see any candidates this weekend?Today is 7.7.2019.

No honest people want the thankless job. I am trying to find a fantastic candidate.

Are all candidates taking the summer off?

Paul Brodeur taking the summer off and Unplanned absence and public profile this summer.May be this is his campaign strategy.

Monica Mederiros for Mayor was out on main street today.Did any one see anybody else?

Paul Broderur you have a long way to go.Just because you the board Aldermen.What have you done for melrose??????

This all started with the the election of arrogant and incompetent school committee members headed by self-serving chairpersons. They dish our enough favors to remain in office for years - developing a school network to ensure re-election for years to come - while parents are too busy trying to scrape by paying little attention to the education of their children. The schools imploding is the only event that will change this formula - which appears on the horizon!

I have to admit I’ve been very sad and disheartened by all the recent ugly events that are destroying this City, but yesterday the Universe threw me bone. Actually it was more along the lines of a ray of hope.

Help is coming. The outside world is looking in at Melrose and has decided to help. There is someone who has decided to pick up the mantle of truth and help our City.

Okay, I'll bite.

Likewise, because I can't think of anyone!

Yes, Sean MacMaster has seen the light. Where he once sucked up to GI and the rest of the cabal, he stands tall now, eloquently and fiercely fighting for his constituents, fighting to get justice for those families on Brazil Street so damaged by DPW incompetence and decades of negligence when it comes to infrastructure and by the Trump-behavior of city officials (GI, RVC, PDR, JS, RC, all of the SC, most of the BOA, and plenty more--like city "auditor," of course RD, JLB...). Fortunately Monica and Forbes have stepped up, also, which is in keeping with their history of ethical conduct. Watch the recent BOA special meeting that encapsulates it all.

MZ is a tag-along, trying to gain the credit for being a good guy, where he sometimes says and does the right thing, but mostly plays games and is a no-heavy-lifter who typically can be counted on to go with the flow and/or do exactly the unjust but politically expedient thing. You can forget KLG and MB as "ethical" because they only said some of the right things recently to preserve anything of their political futures, while their history of staunchly and stridently backing RD, GI, RVC, PDR, et al. is there in the public record, along with all their prevarication and equivocation on important issues.

Here's a previous post from "Resident" on BOA site (with corrected link & date):

BOA Special Meeting August 1, 2019: 38:00 Shawn Macmaster
https://vimeo.com/351522884

Forbes was excellent @ 54:51, as was Medeiros, whose simple direct comments were spot on, emphasizing that this is not a complicated resolution, that it needed to get done in the interest of justice for the victims of this city's horrific negligence.

Even K L-G had to speak in favor of this resolution, much as it must have pained her to go against her chosen mayor, the one she praised so ignorantly and lavishly when she put forth Infurna as her candidate for mayor (leaning heavily on a pretend "legacy" of many years--when K L-G didn't even live her or know anything about GI--of "knowledgeable leadership"--all rubbish then and even more so now, of course). Reflecting that this was a situation that had reached national news, and not for anything good about the precious zip code either, she had to hold her nose and vote for something that could not be anything but "negative" (the major sin for the fake Melrose Dems).

MB was disgusting in her simpering and totally inarticulate attempt to make it all just a mild, "unfortunate" situation. Shame on her! So much for defending the lower-income residents of our city who have been totally and inhumanely victimized by the bullies at City Hall (GI, RVCampen, JScenna, RClay along with the hideous bullies on the BOA, starting with Morty).

MZ went through the motions trying to align himself with the side of justice without offending those who love the many disgusting status-quo politicians and their supporters (all of OneM) in this quite literally crappy city.

RB was laughable and pathetic in his attempt to seem knowledgeable. His comments were foolish.

John T was disgusting and should be ousted. He might like to come across as a "nice guy," but his actions speak volumes. They weren't nice, they weren't appropriate, they did not demonstrate knowledge of the facts (just of protecting the politicians and insurance company), and he should be ashamed to have tried to shut down the resolution in order to support the administration's total obfuscation of justice for the victims.

Peter M was execrable in his pompous, malicious attempts to shut down MacMaster after he determined his time was up. This was a special meeting about a dire crisis in which four families have been rendered homeless and have lost virtually all of their possessions. This was not a time for demonstrating prowess with a gavel. It was a time for compassionate leadership to bring about justice after serious and possibly even criminal negligence by city leaders and employees, not a time to strut and posture and prop up those who would continue to hurt the affected families. PM is a disgrace and should have been banished from city positions long ago!

Thank you, thank you, to the courage and intelligent responses of Shawn MacMaster, Monica Medeiros, Scott Forbes (too bad he's stepping away, but can't blame him).

Melrose is a great city.

Compared to what?

Any other city.

And you work for which real estate agent?

your neighbors that's a reasonable request.I am not real estate agent.

Is your car needing a scrub? Get your car washed and support your MHS Band! The Melrose High School Band will sponsor a free car wash on Sunday, Aug. 25, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the High School upper parking lot, located on Melrose St. We hope to see you there! All donations benefit the MHS Band.

Just think about the fact that the last 3 Speakers of the House in Mass have been convicted of felonies and two have been jailed - tells you all you need to know about the political corruption in this single party state!Massachusetts.

Fill in that circle in the voting booth - 'cause the shame is on you! Primary September 4 2019.

Those who fear for their political survival should be finding a way to jump ship and line up with the voices of truth before the inevitable happens.

Perhaps the solution . There's an election in the fall.

Have big shoes to fill.The question becomes.WHOSE going to work at it hard?

Running on their names.

We have four public safety buildings legitimately crumbling before our eyes and this fool (who will probably win) is talking about art programs. AWESOME. Expect more of the same if this career politician gets in to “lead” our city forward.

Get out if you can because sad days are coming for the city of Melrose.

Their communications plan isn't designed to communicate actual truths. They only care about not letting the community see how they fail miserably at so many things. It usually is some screw-up they totally could have prevented and they don't want anyone to know. The school system and the city of Melrose.

This is really about not holding are elected officials accountable.

PB will never do anything that might be risky. Even this run costs him nothing, basically, because he will still have his state rep job if November doesn't work out for him.

And Monica
Doesn't need to take a risk. She's unemployed and lives with her parents.
What’s your problem!
She chose to leave her job and run for mayor of melrose.
As for were she lives is really none of your business nor anybody’s.
As for the results last night don’t count her out just yet !

1 2