Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Personnel Report

Lies
Last spring I talked to two school committee members at the pro-override meetings. They confirmed that salaries and spouses changing jobs were the only reasons why teachers left. They said that's why we had to vote for the 5 million dollars, that teachers would stay with the new contract. Obviously, we had to trust them because the exit interviews were private. The override passed and teachers are still leaving. Feels as if they were lying to us all along.
If that's the case, then you shouldn't vote for them, and you should also share the names so the rest of us can not vote for them as well.

My question for you is why you believed them in the first place.

Anyone who believes that there is a single one of the administrators or school committee members who is credible or well-qualified has a problem. The only possible exception is the MHS principal who is said to be a decent human, though totally inarticulate and poorly educated (he's a former gym teacher, for heaven sake, so forget any ability to discern when it comes to actual academics). Edunonsense is all that any of them can utter, and even at that, they can't manage simple grammar or punctuation (including the outgoing foreign language chair, who was always lousy and one of Joe Casey's poor hires).

Taymore has and always has been a toxic and terrible administrator who makes the worst possible choices for hires. It's no surprise that many are leaving, even the former sycophants who only had a job because no one else but Taymore/Melrose would hire them in the first place, but they've now accrued (at Melrose taxpayer expense) some of the Peter-Principle "qualifications" that can get them bumped up into their next positions of incompetence and earning far more than they are worth. The administrators who are still here are types like the disgusting and proven incompetents like the two assistant superintendents (who've failed at virtually every job opening outside Melrose for which they've applied, hence their remaining here).

Anyone who believed that crap about educator retention being a primary justification for the override is just ill-informed and/or as idiotic and dishonest as those promoting the boondoggle.

This above post has nothing to do with Melrose at all. Someone should take it off immediately!

wasting our thread
This above post has nothing to do with Melrose at all. Someone should take it off immediately!
This isn't the MCG on Facebook with its very selective must be Melrose related policy so the post should stay.

I will connect the dots for you. The school in NH did not take the student's allegations seriously because it was easier, more convenient and whatever else not to. This led to the teacher having the freedom to victimize additional students which was preventable. The ones he already victimized were not recognized as traumatized.

As has been recounted on this board many times, this goes on in Melrose too. A lesson could be learned from the NH report but I have my doubts that it will.

School problems never solved only becoming worse.

What, throwing more money at it didn’t solve the problems? I’m shocked!

Willie
What, throwing more money at it didn’t solve the problems? I’m shocked!
Exactly!
And watch, they are going to keep asking (demanding) more.

wasting our thread
The above post has nothing to do with Melrose at all. Someone should take it off immediately!
This is a fact that the left did not take down the above message that has nothing to do with this great town....We have to much to offer to the people here. So stop with the long message about nothing to do with MA. only NH.