Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The POSERS

PB is an empty suit, or rather a pretentious HAT the one he likes to skulk around in to impress everyone.

PAUL Brodeur for the people from self?

Where is PB? He’s not out knocking doors and is mailing it in. Monica was at the Traffic Commission this week taking a stand. Where’s PAUL Brodeur?????

PB will never do anything that might be risky. Even this run costs him nothing, basically, because he will still have his state rep job if November doesn't work out for him.

PB will do as he's always done, cater to his political patronage system and spout a lot of empty words (when he isn't trying to impress with his silly hat and trenchcoat).

Monica Medeiros has proven herself to be trustworthy over many years of service to Melrose.She has proven that she can be trusted. She's not afraid to tackle the hard issues or speak unpopular truths. She's tough but a kind and honest public servant who has earned our trust and respect.

Tamara
Monica Medeiros has proven herself to be trustworthy over many years of service to Melrose.She has proven that she can be trusted. She's not afraid to tackle the hard issues or speak unpopular truths. She's tough but a kind and honest public servant who has earned our trust and respect.
Absolutely! Thank you, Tamara!

I Like Monica she is the Best Person for the JOB. Get out and VOTE TOMORROW....November 5, 2019, be proud of you city.

Melrose is a great city, and the next mayor will have a unique opportunity to build on that foundation and lead us into the future. Get out and VOTE TOMORROW....November 5, 2019, be proud of you city.

You forgot the r in "you city", exactly like Tamara did in another string. Odd!

Relax old Willie, don't want you to get too excited.

Monica she is the Best Person for the JOB. Get out and VOTE TOMORROW....November 5, 2019,

Willie
You forgot the r in "you city", exactly like Tamara did in another string. Odd!
Here's a thought. Perhaps some of our older posters on this board should get together and start using this Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue.

Um - if they're posting here they already are using it, aren't they?

PAUL Brodeur congratulations and good luck.Good luck in your new job.Hopefully with all your experien you will make things better for the people here in Melrose.

PAUL Brodeur you have a lot of big decisions to make.You are a new mayor.Hopefully make good decisions.Hopefully you realize it has impact on all of us.Let:s go back in time do you remember anything about that campaign that got you into office? I remember that night ?We had a great conversation.I am talking about the first time elected to office.In Melrose Mass 02176.

Good day, my fellow local residents.
I’d like to take a moment to introduce myself, Brandon Reid, and declare my candidacy in seeking the 32nd Middlesex District State Representative seat. Despite my best efforts, the Secretary of State’s office has disqualified me from getting formally printed on the ballot –more on this at another time. Needless to say, you will not see my name on the February 3rd as the Republican candidate –but you can write me in. I really want to take this opportunity to tell you why I am running, what I represent, and how I will best represent you; the people of Melrose, Wakefield, and Malden.
As a Melrose resident, I’ve seen this community grow and thrive over many years. But with all great successes, there still remain areas for improvement. Many of these areas are a direct result of government not moving quickly or efficiently enough to address the issues that impact our communities.

One of these issues is failing to address the serious flaws in our education system. The vibrant 32nd Middlesex district is home to many schools, of all grade levels. Many of these school do a tremendous job teaching our students. But because of existing statewide mandates, some of these schools find themselves having to put way too much emphasis on teaching students to take tests. Testing can be beneficial, but standardized testing doesn’t always accurately indicate student or school performance. The MCAS are prime example of this. Let’s get rid of the MCAS. These high stakes tests simply distract from teaching and learning.

And let’s better prepare our students for life after school. I want to work with my constituents to pass legislature that will mandate that all high schools must offer courses on finances. Credit card companies target 18-19 years olds fresh out of high school, and many of these young adults don’t understand credit. They don’t understand interest rates, and loans, and how they work. We expect them to borrow all this money to go to college, and they don’t understand the terms and conditions of these loans, by no fault of their own. Let’s give our youth the tools they need to succeed. Not just in school, but long after they graduate.

In addition to curriculum, the issue of school safety must be revisited. We can do a better job of keeping our kids safe. We need more comprehensive safety plan in place. I’ve spent 7 years as the security manager at a public charter school, and I’m going to bring that knowledge with me to the state house. We need to pass legislature that will ensure that all school undergo thorough emergency procedures assessments, and an annual basis.

Let’s move on to another topic. Everyone’s favorite –taxes! We all pay quite a bit of taxes, and it is a burden on many of us. Sales tax is over 6%, property tax is through the roof, and income tax is higher than all but one state that levy’s a flat income tax rate at over 5%.Many of the democrats in the house would like to raise these taxes without delivering on their promises of putting your money to good work. I don’t believe that raising taxes is the answer. But I do believe that making sure that every dollar of taxpayer money is accounting for and going towards the causes that are most important to us a community, is imperative.

I think many of us would agree that, at present, this is not the case. Massachusetts does not have a great track record of fiscal responsibility and that needs to change. This state is consistently among the worst rated in terms of fiscal health of any state in the country. Democratic leadership would rather ignore this fact and continue wasteful spending on programs that are not producing desirable results, all the while telling you that you’ll reap the reward if you contribute just a little more. We need accountability. And to achieve this, in part, the effectiveness of state run programs must be measured and evaluated, otherwise there is no justifying the costs. And this all must be done with complete transparency.

In addition to financial health, we also need to do better in terms of healthcare. We need to do better in terms of infrastructure and transportation –including improving public transit, making our streets safer, and increasing handicap parking. We need to do better in terms of going green and becoming a clean energy community. We need to support small business growth, instead of discouraging them with high fees. And we can absolutely do better for our veterans and our senior citizens, who far too often cannot access the services they need because of inefficient bureaucratic processes. These folks are the backbones of our community and they deserve a lot better than they are currently getting. And there are many, many other items that must be addressed. I will do so if given the opportunity. And I want to be 1000% clear, regardless of your political affiliation, I’ll be going to the State House representing each and every one of you; and I will not be pushed around on Beacon Hill.

I’ve been told by countless local Democrats that a Republican will not win this seat and I’m wasting my time. They say a write-in has no chance whatsoever. Let’s prove them wrong and show them that in America, the underdog always has a chance.

But let me end by saying this: Our great commonwealth of Massachusetts has the opportunity to be leaders for the rest of the country -as we have been in the past, but only if we elect Representatives who have your best interests in mind and a clear vision for the future, based on our shared goals, values and beliefs.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and happy holidays to you and yours!
Please go out and vote for me, Brandon Reid, on Feb. 4th. “Write-In-Reid” -A vote for the people.

Note: For vote to meet requirements, it must be written in the designated space below the candidates printed on the ballot, and it must read:
"BRANDON REID 71 Grove St., Melrose"

@ Brandon Reid

I suggest that you get to work on Facebook and reach out to the republicans in Melrose Malden and Wakefield. See about a meet and greet. Melrose seems to love door to door canvassing but check if Malden and Wakefield think it's annoying.

Ask the local republicans for advice and support.

I like 👍 this board but it has a small readership now that many former supporters have moved from the area. Those would have been your voters but they have been driven away.

You have an uphill battle against the phoney hypocrites here but I admire you taking the chance to do it.

Who got better
@ Brandon Reid

I suggest that you get to work on Facebook and reach out to the republicans in Melrose Malden and Wakefield. See about a meet and greet. Melrose seems to love door to door canvassing but check if Malden and Wakefield think it's annoying.

I like 👍 this board but it has a small readership now that many former supporters have moved from the area. Those would have been your voters but they have been driven away.

You have an uphill battle against the phoney hypocrites here but I admire you taking the chance to do it.
Thank you for the kind words and that is sound advice. I've reached out to some local Republicans and have some press coming out shortly. Fyi, I didn't post the above on this threat. Someone posted as me. Only thread I've posted that in is the original one.

Brandon Reid
Who got better
@ Brandon Reid

I suggest that you get to work on Facebook and reach out to the republicans in Melrose Malden and Wakefield. See about a meet and greet. Melrose seems to love door to door canvassing but check if Malden and Wakefield think it\'s annoying.

Thank you for the kind words and that is sound advice. I've reached out to some local Republicans and have some press coming out shortly. Fyi, I didn't post the above on this threat. Someone posted as me. Only thread I've posted that in is the original one.
*thread
(I'm posting from my phone, so please disregard bad grammar haha)

You can put the my life thing under your control and take it out of searches. Again, I admire you for trying.

A POSERS is a POSERS.It is what it is.Time will tell it is about communicate information,facts,or news to someone in spoken or written words.

Will time also tell when you learn to communicate in English?

Unlikely.

It's about being accountable.No accountable.The City of Melrose has a long way to go with all the legal fees first. The SC is more to blame than the superintendent. Our School Committee is Cyndi's boss and has the power to let her go at anytime. What has to happen for someone to read into this major problem in Melrose.

It is what it is.

Like our taxpayers, our leaders need a panoramic view before they make decisions that affect individuals so significantly. Financial forecasting in budgeting has been considered a best practice for more than a decade. Melrose can do better. Before any tax increase is considered, our taxpayers deserve an objective analysis of our financial picture and an independent audit of our books.