Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Melrose SC Silly Spectacle

The Felon, amazingly chair of the MSC, starts tonight's meeting, "Welcome one and all..." as if he's the frickin' Father Christmas, for gawd's sake. Then, when Paymore announces her impending June retirement, he signs off on her statement with "Thank you for your service," as if she's a veteran soldier. It's frankly embarrassing to watch the spectacle of these meetings. Is this really the best Melrose can do? (rhetorical question, since obviously this is the lousy "best" this community can rustle up for such important roles)

Re: Melrose SC Silly Spectacle

At least she's retiring! I wonder what the real story is to it.

Willie
At least she\'s retiring! I wonder what the real story is to it.
Perfectly legitimate questions!

The Big Show
Willie
At least she\\\\\\\'s retiring! I wonder what the real story is to it.
Perfectly legitimate questions!
Nov 10, 2019 - 9:14PM
Re: More Staff Leaving the High School?????

Lesson to be learned: Change the school superintendent . short of this nothing changes.This is for PAUL Brodeur,Hopefully with all your experien you will have a new superintendent

Ed and Liz have both been telling people they are running for the State Representative seat. Kate’s early entrance into the race may change their minds.

Well, there's lots of chutzpah floating around among the Melrose pols these days.

While Melrose has been quite happy to elevate a convicted felon to run its school board, it's an open question whether Wakefield and Malden would find it similarly charming to have such a heinous fool as their representative. But then they might not be quite so taken with the "real scientist" either, despite the political correctness that will be claimed (though any reading of the OCR Findings should shut that one down). What a sad state of affairs to have to think about this notorious cast of characters.

I would hope that Brodeur realizes his mayoralty will not be well served by Dolan's creatures. Perhaps Taymore sensed that from interactions (or lack of interaction) with him. If so, that's one good sign for the future.

That’s assuming, and I certainly hope it’s the case, that the next “nationwide search” actually has some searching involved!

The good new is that Taymore is leaving. The bad news? Consider the gaggle of nitwits who will be choosing her replacement.

"gaggle of nitwits" who will be choosing superintendent successor is apt but too kind!

Actually Has Some Searching Involved!

WD40
"gaggle of nitwits" who will be choosing superintendent successor is apt but too kind!
Please delete this comment. This is mean spirited name calling. I thought we had gotten rid of this with all of the deletions related to Monica. Melrose Messages can do better and should be a place where people won’t have to read these types of comments.

Grow up and get a life

to "To admins"
Grow up and get a life
Please ban this commenter. No need for these personal attacks.

Oh, please, you have to have thicker skin than that! You’re two ‘anonymous’ people for heaven’s sake.

Thank goodness Taymore is retiring. If there is a story behind it, I am interested but I am glad she is leaving. Hopefully someone qualified will be hired in her place. The schools made positive gains despite her, not because of her.

The felon running for state rep? It's a democracy and I guess your criminal record doesn't prevent you from running but considering he stole the retirement savings of the elderly, I don't understand why anyone would vote for him. His preying upon people makes him equal to a drug dealer and no one would vote for a drug dealer.

Parent
The Felon, amazingly chair of the MSC, starts tonight's meeting, "Welcome one and all..." as if he's the frickin' Father Christmas, for gawd's sake. Then, when Paymore announces her impending June retirement, he signs off on her statement with "Thank you for your service," as if she's a veteran soldier. It's frankly embarrassing to watch the spectacle of these meetings. Is this really the best Melrose can do? (rhetorical question, since obviously this is the lousy "best" this community can rustle up for such important roles)
Wow, this is your complaint? Some awkwardly phrased social niceties? My boss thanked me for my service at the last job I left. He must be a terrorist.

Half the complaints on this page are absurd.

Which half?

The ones he/she doesn’t agree with, of course!

Re: Melrose SC Silly Spectacleq

@Come on, my complaint isn't his welcoming words to a group of people but that an unrepentant thief who intentionally stole the life savings of the elderly and was convicted in a court of law for it, now runs the school committee in our city.

He has not made restitution to his victims and he changed ownership of his assets to his wife so he didn't have to suffer for his deeds. His victims are continuing to suffer while he makes education policy and manages the budget for the public school children in our city.

I'm not against giving felons a second chance but this is too much. He doesn't have the character or the moral integrity for the position and he sets the example that are no real consequences for harming vulnerable people as long as you push forward and welcome one and all.

TOTALLY AGREE

Thank you for that observation.