Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: My Perspective on the Health of Melrose Schools:

Sadly the SC gave CT three to four more years after her contract was over.

CT removed booklets saying where teachers went to college...bad hires in Melrose schools.

Dear "Opinion"..................HUH?

Opinion
When my oldest son was young, his Melrose elementary school...Is this the thriving of which you speak, Ms. DeLillo?...I\\\\\\\\\\\\'m at the tail end of my life as a parent of a Melrose Public School student.
"A CHILD IS MORE THAN A TEST SCORE. What has changed since my days as an elementary school parent? Volunteers are still integral to the success of student, the school still can't function without them even if Taymore will not allow volunteers Take it up with the SC her boss. Classes that were once single levels are now combined. In my son's Spanish class, his teacher educates CP, Honors, and AP students side-by-side with different lesson plans, different expectations. My son's high school science teacher, in addressing parents at the open house in the fall, said her biggest problem is that there aren't enough seats for the number of students in her class. "There isn't much room for them." I know it is NOT Winchester.

Melrose Messages seems to have become a haven for James Joyce wannabes!

Willie
Melrose Messages seems to have become a haven for James Joyce wannabes!
NO FOR YOU Willie.

I do not write in “stream of consciousness”. I try to write cogently.

I pay a lot in taxes and the schools have been the same if not worse with this administration. Only people come to work here is for the insurance only cause the pay $ucks...Big time. You get what you pay for! I would like to see the new mayor be more diverse in this city.

"I would like to see the new mayor be more diverse in this city."

Surely you jest. First, he's just another flimflam white pol with zero concern about inequality or social justice, regardless of whatever script he recites.

He has been our state rep for a long time, and Prez of BOA before that. He's known all about the incipient racism and nastiness that has marked the entire school system and city government, and he has done exactly zero about it. He knew about the flagrant and systematic civil rights violations committed by this superintendent and school committee, but you never heard him utter a peep of protest or even step into any of the meetings during the four years it was being discussed and written about openly (back when Melrose had at least one actual journalist--Aaron L). PB is a lifetime resident, well beyond being a politician and representative of our community, and yet none of that has ever been enough for him to step up and speak out against the known abuses (there are many, and they are worse than ever). Frankly, he just doesn't care, and he never has. Maybe enough public pressure could force him to at least pretend to care, but that would require actual caring from the ignorant parents running roughshod here and to whom the pols cater so obviously. They all slather on the self-congratulation and floral praise for a system and local culture that reeks with injustice and chronic abuse, top to bottom. Then they look like the proverbial deer in the headlights when some external event shines an unflattering light, before they work quickly to bury it all and move back to the slathering.

Sure, more diversity in an outrageously white, privileged system would be an excellent thing. But don't count on PB to stand up for anything that requires backbone or actual caring.