Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Melrose High School Ranked Liw in STEM & Graduation Rates

And Wakefield fell to 71 and Stoneham to 74.

(I am definitely no fan of the administration of Melrose schools, just to clarify; I was just puzzled by the reliance on info that was out of date by a few years and wondering if there was a reason it was being considered more salient than more recent information.)

Concerned Melrosian
And Wakefield fell to 71 and Stoneham to 74.

(I am definitely no fan of the administration of Melrose schools, just to clarify; I was just puzzled by the reliance on info that was out of date by a few years and wondering if there was a reason it was being considered more salient than more recent information.)
Which schools moved up to cause our local ones to move down?

The school will never get better with the low hires. The he/she/they have the run of the school. Parent volunteers offer a huge resource and support base for the school community. They also show their kids the importance of participating in the larger community. It makes sense that students would do better when they learn in positive environments...This is significant because teacher turnover has been linked to increased costs and poor student achievement. Millions of young adults have entered the workforce with no more than a high school diploma. One in three young adults go to work rather than school, but few have college degrees.