Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: More Staff Leaving the High School?????

Good evening to you all, after reading this post I am not surprised that school administrative teachers are asking students, 'do the parents post on the message board?' The truth of the whole thing is, it is none of their business. Apparently the message board is doing the job it's supposed to be doing. That's the freedom of speech. Because when you get down to it, going to a melrose school committee meeting, participating, or speaking at the meeting, if they don't like what you're saying. or talking about you'll never get to talk for five minutes. A real concern here is, why are they asking the students, they play a lot of games here, getting back at students and parents. My message to the school administration and the school committee and our superintendent; if you folks aren't retaliating against other folks that file these complaints, people probably wouldn't go to the message board, but I guess we're at the point, that the message board is having an impact. Because the truth is being spoken, and maybe that is starting to bother the administration folks, our superintendent and probably making our mayor a lot more nervous now. There concern should be, what is the next scandal that is going to happen, if it isn't a scandal, or do we have more corruption coming our way? Maybe the one thing that you should keep in mind is, social media will sure as hell not shut it down. So you need to all grow up, and realize that a lot of the bull that has been going on for sometime now, needs to end. Maybe the best example look at the high turnover of principles. We're almost at the end of the year, how many more teachers are going to leave? Because this isn't about teaching in Melrose, this has to do more with what our superintendent want and some folks on the school committee. Let's add one more thing to this; How many IEP's were on a compliance? Basically in simple language, how many children were missing the services that they deserve and that they should have with their IEP. You folks should be worried about all of us in the community because we're all talking. Not only the folks with children in the school system but also folks with children that are long gone out of the school system. My message to mayor dolan, superintendent; start doing your jobs, teach our children and stop worrying about retaliation against the children and the parents. Sooner or later, someone will take you to court over the possibility of false charges. You all have a great evening, look forward to comments.

Clean the swamp I have been writing those words on the string its a waste of time. You are correct administration is feeling the heat with MM. The bullies and kiss ass need not apply.

While there are some very good teachers at MHS and in the other schools we need to figure out a way to rid the school of the racist, homophobs, connected asshats and just plain crabby ones who have been there too long.

Melrose
Good evening to you all, after reading this post I am not surprised that school administrative teachers are asking students, 'do the parents post on the message board?' The truth of the whole thing is, it is none of their business. Apparently the message board is doing the job it's supposed to be doing. That's the freedom of speech. Because when you get down to it, going to a melrose school committee meeting, participating, or speaking at the meeting, if they don't like what you're saying. or talking about you'll never get to talk for five minutes. A real concern here is, why are they asking the students, they play a lot of games here, getting back at students and parents. My message to the school administration and the school committee and our superintendent; if you folks aren't retaliating against other folks that file these complaints, people probably wouldn't go to the message board, but I guess we're at the point, that the message board is having an impact. Because the truth is being spoken, and maybe that is starting to bother the administration folks, our superintendent and probably making our mayor a lot more nervous now. There concern should be, what is the next scandal that is going to happen, if it isn't a scandal, or do we have more corruption coming our way? Maybe the one thing that you should keep in mind is, social media will sure as hell not shut it down. So you need to all grow up, and realize that a lot of the bull that has been going on for sometime now, needs to end. Maybe the best example look at the high turnover of principles. We're almost at the end of the year, how many more teachers are going to leave? Because this isn't about teaching in Melrose, this has to do more with what our superintendent want and some folks on the school committee. Let's add one more thing to this; How many IEP's were on a compliance? Basically in simple language, how many children were missing the services that they deserve and that they should have with their IEP. You folks should be worried about all of us in the community because we're all talking. Not only the folks with children in the school system but also folks with children that are long gone out of the school system. My message to mayor dolan, superintendent; start doing your jobs, teach our children and stop worrying about retaliation against the children and the parents. Sooner or later, someone will take you to court over the possibility of false charges. You all have a great evening, look forward to comments.
These people have no shame!

All the summer jobs are given to the relatives first, then the brown noses, and last but not least is the Melrose residents. Most of the staff they offer the jobs to are already making over 50 thousnd a year, plus tutoring children home services just not fair.

A majority of teachers don't stay because of pay - school environment, culture, and admin support - none of which we have in Melrose - that's why teachers are leaving!

Respect The Rights Of Others. Treat others as you want to be treated, everyone has a right to live in the same world you live in. If only that was true in the schools in Melrose.

It's about being accountable..What has to happen for someone to read into this major problem in Melrose.

The one that none of them can hide a major scandal.So may be it is time for the Call for the resignation of Cyndy Taymore.

This is what happens when an administrators disrespect their teachers. Teachers do talk and then the word gets around the educational community that Melrose administrators disrespect their teachers and students as well as parents. Or they could watch this all play out on MMTV school committee meetings as the school committee chair disparages members of the public who speak during public comment.

Thinking before you speak or do something. It's about knowing that every day, the choices we make can and will affect our lives. It's about being accountable for our choices in life. We have the right to make our decisions every day, and every day is a new day. But will the school committee make good decisions and the superintendent Cyndy Taymore?

How many times are you going to repeat this post verbatim? I lost count at 34.

It is what it is.

It's about being accountable Mayor Dolan.What has to happen for someone to read into this major problem in Melrose. CT hired all the principals since she has been in Melrose.No accountable.

I am calling off from all the BS, bullying, corruption, miserable employees, phony staff, sneaks, fake people, jealousy, cowards, dishonest, all about me people, and say good-bye! The string will be the same in a year. Melrose residents are to slow. While Rob Dolan was warned about the duet from Malden, CT and MA. The brown noses will still be in the system,the mean middle school will be the same, roosey the rats are not going anywhere, and the Winthrop whistle blowers want out. It was real nice to say something see something and not get harassed by people for speaking the truth. Happy summer![o:)]

calling off
I am calling off from all the BS, bullying, corruption, miserable employees, phony staff, sneaks, fake people, jealousy, cowards, dishonest, all about me people, and say good-bye! The string will be the same in a year. Melrose residents are to slow. While Rob Dolan was warned about the duet from Malden, CT and MA. The brown noses will still be in the system,the mean middle school will be the same, roosey the rats are not going anywhere, and the Winthrop whistle blowers want out. It was real nice to say something see something and not get harassed by people for speaking the truth. Happy summer![o:)]
Why the lack of transparency? Do they not want the public to know .

The poster above is correct.

Its no surprise Melrose rejects what is wrong with the town. They laugh say its not true. Why would residents, staff, other cities and much more, ask what is wrong with the Melrose schools.

The principals CT hired should be gone. This is not funny anymore people are being hurt.

"For one true measure of a nation is its success in fulfilling the promise of a better life for each of its members. Let this be the measure of our nation."[Owned]

The Melrose YMCA is unacceptable for a nice city like this. Who is in charge of making sure this facility stays updated? The school or the city?

There is an end to this road we're on if nothing changes.This is not funny anymore people are being hurt.Gossip is usually true and why would it be said if not true.

Call HR and ask why the paras are excluded from the staff directory. This was done under CT.

If one is doing nothing wrong, one should not have to be concerned.

Sad State of Affairs
If one is doing nothing wrong, one should not have to be concerned.

You're an idiot. The whole system is wrong. The city, the schools, the bosses, the employees. You're all either birds with your heads in the sand or heads up others @§§€§.
Melrosians have lost their hearts to the underbelly of these power-hungry, money-worshiping, racist accepting, soul-sucking, sellouts. We want our city back.

The real question.How come staff is leaving?

Guess
Get rid of the Super and her cronies and get someone who knows what they are
doing, doesn't play favorites, and cares more about actually educating instead
of spending all their time making it appear that's what they're doing Is not working......................................................................

The staff should be ashamed of themselves for having the spelling of Melrose Veterans Memorial Middle School spelled wrong. This is Melrose for you can they see?

Vote for Monica, she takes no BS from this crew of nasty politicians.

Incorrect post made by Prof. Correctipa Jr. on the spelling of the middle school.

Happy New Year! This is the year CT is done in Melrose. I am sure the stupid SC will NOT give this lunatic another 3. The added three years they gave her made Melrose broke.

PWL and MA is wanting this position along with BC. They should interview all candidates with a fine tooth comb this time. Mayor Dolan was warned not to hire CT and MA. He did not listen and look at the mess Melrose is in to bad for the tax payers.

Heat
Guess
Get rid of the Super and her cronies and get someone who knows what they are
doing, doesn't play favorites, and cares more about actually educating instead
of spending all their time making it appear that's what they're doing Is not working......................................................................

It all sounds so good but, the next candidates waiting for the job is PWL, MA and BC.

Not one thing has changed melrose schools. Except more teachers are leaving.Teachers and paras cannot speak out or they become targets.

Happy New Year this is 2018 the year the SC gave for the super. The more server problem is PWL is waiting for the job. If she becomes the super Melrose will be so worse off then ever. Many families if they haven't already will be pulling students out of the district. Then you have MA and BC wanting this position that's another disaster waiting to happen. The schools will never change in this situation. If you are a teacher and can get out of Melrose do so fast. [o:)]

People don't go into teaching for the money or the hours. They go into it because they have an interest and passion for educating and inspiring the next generation. This is their goal and most want to do it to their best ability. Instructional Coaches are another part of the tool box that can be used to improve a teacher's effectiveness.This system needs to change or the tax payers are in big trouble.Does anyone here understand what a "coach" is?

Please.
Does anyone here understand what a "coach" is?

Sure. And I recognize a bull$hit smoke screen when I see one too. See below for a more accurate assessment.

Reality Check
You have a lovely vision of the process, but I can tell you from experience that this ideal is not what happens in most of the schools with these coaches. Instead, there is often resentment toward the coaches from teachers who feel that someone not much more qualified (or even less experienced) is coming in to tell them how they should do things differently. The veteran teachers in many cases hate this model. The younger teachers often come to see the coach as someone who could potentially get them in trouble with administration. Subsequently, they just do whatever the coach tells them. This does not help a teacher reach his or her potential. To be great, a teacher has to discover her own style, and be free to experiment with different methods in class without feeling under scrutiny from someone who has been given authority, but not really. A much, much better model that many schools employ is cross-visits, or peer observations, where teachers are given time to visit the classrooms of other teachers and actually see how other people teach in the moment. They see things they want to try to emulate in their own classrooms, and feel free to do try new things without someone coming in to tell them what they are doing wrong. A previous poster noted that instructional coaching is just a fancy way of saying middle management, and I tend to agree. It is very easy for a school system to say, "See, we hired a few instructional coaches, so now the teaching quality is being monitored, and we don't have to think about it anymore." It is much harder to implement a program of peer observation and support it so that people can truly develop diverse skills and become the best teachers they can be. [quote]

The Web site up and running thank you .

so they finally posted the vacant job coach position for students in the post grad class. can we guess who's likely to get the position even though they have no degree, is the feeder of info of coworkers both teacher and para to management and is physically unable to perform the requirements. if you guessed Kathy that's who I'm betting on too. no real post grad teacher like they had under casey. cheryl was great.

What a surprise
so they finally posted the vacant job coach position for students in the post grad class. can we guess who's likely to get the position even though they have no degree, is the feeder of info of coworkers both teacher and para to management and is physically unable to perform the requirements. if you guessed Kathy that's who I'm betting on too. no real post grad teacher like they has under casey .

Yup, my guess too. If it goes through and she gets the job that she is clearly not qualified for just provides another example of ratting and benefiting from doing so. She applied when the position was posted four years ago and didn't qualify. No degree. One good thing is it's not a union job so bye-bye but doesn't mean she's not tattling.

Yup
What a surprise
so they finally posted the vacant job coach position for students in the post grad class. can we guess who's likely to get the position even though they have no degree, is the feeder of info of coworkers both teacher and para to management and is physically unable to perform the requirements. if you guessed Kathy that's who I'm betting on too. no real post grad teacher like they has under casey .

Yup, my guess too. If it goes through and she gets the job that she is clearly not qualified for just provides another example of ratting and benefiting from doing so. She applied when the position was posted four years ago and didn't qualify. No degree. One good thing is it's not a union job so bye-bye but doesn't mean she's not tattling.
The real question.Whats going on at the schools?

Guess
Yup
What a surprise

IT IS WHAT IT IS.This is Melrose Mass 02176.

Verizon
Guess
Yup
What a surprise

IT IS WHAT IT IS.This is Melrose Mass 02176.
What's going on in Melrose?That's a good question to all the taxes payers. wake up people - the SC hires the superintendent.

What a surprise
so they finally posted the vacant job coach position for students in the post grad class. can we guess who's likely to get the position even though they have no degree, is the feeder of info of coworkers both teacher and para to management and is physically unable to perform the requirements. if you guessed Kathy that's who I'm betting on too. no real post grad teacher like they had under casey. cheryl was great.

If you look at the post it reads a degree is preferred. It does not say necessary. It also states that the job coach works under the sped teacher.

Employee
What a surprise

If you look at the post it reads a degree is preferred. It does not say necessary. It also states that the job coach works under the sped teacher.

There was always a special ed teacher assigned specifically to the post grad students. CT forced that teacher out. Then to save money placed the post grad students in with the MHS class. What the MHS class learns differs from the life skills the post grad students learn. The post grad students always had two job coaches who had degrees in education and are furthering their education. The ONLY TIME someone is hired into a position that requires a degree in education and that degree is passed over is when someone in power hires a friend, relative, rodent or owes a favor. Everything in the school on rules can be over-ridden by the superintendent. If it were for legitimate reasons which would be rare and perhaps understandable, but to not have a post grad sped teacher and an uneducated job coach is negligent all at the student's expense to save a few bucks and reward the bottom feeders.

You know nothing
Employee
What a surprise

There was always a special ed teacher assigned specifically to the post grad students. CT forced that teacher out. Then to save money placed the post grad students in with the MHS class. What the MHS class learns differs from the life skills the post grad students learn. The post grad students always had two job coaches who had degrees in education and are furthering their education. The ONLY TIME someone is hired into a position that requires a degree in education and that degree is passed over is when someone in power hires a friend, relative, rodent or owes a favor. Everything in the school on rules can be over-ridden by the superintendent. If it were for legitimate reasons which would be rare and perhaps understandable, but to not have a post grad sped teacher and an uneducated job coach is negligent all at the student's expense to save a few bucks and reward the bottom feeders.
My message to the school administration and the school committee and our superintendent; if you folks aren't retaliating against other folks that file these complaints, people probably wouldn't go to the message board, but I guess we're at the point, that the message board is having an impact. Because the truth is being spoken, and maybe that is starting to bother the administration folks, our superintendent and probably making our mayor a lot more nervous now. There concern should be, what is the next scandal that is going to happen, if it isn't a scandal, or do we have more corruption coming our way? Maybe the one thing that you should keep in mind is, social media will sure as hell not shut it down. So you need to all grow up, and realize that a lot of the bull that has been going on for sometime needs to end.

I went to the union meeting set up by MR and CT. I hope I can get a coach

job also. The para that wants the coach job her health should be a concern

to the administration.

Ms. Taymore should be leaving.

Until there is a Clean Sweep of the School Committee, most of the Board of Aldermen, and a new mayor of integrity, there really is no hope for anything in this equation to change. And that won't happen until Melrose citizens demonstrate more actual caring than they have for a long time.

Start
Ms. Taymore should be leaving.

This is the year CT is to leave anyway! No credit for you or anyone else. CT is as stubborn as a mule and she did it her way. She reminds me of President Trump. She is doing all her favors now, like the president pardons people. Problem number 2, is PWL,BC and MA. is in waiting.

7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16