Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: More Social Distancing

So what are we doing for the class 2020?Graduating high school?

Re: More Staff Leaving the High School?????

More staff leaving the Roosevelt school.

parent
Today's School Spring postings:

Public Postings
Date Job Title School/Site
Sep 6 School Psychologist Melrose High School
Sep 6 Elementary School Administrative Assistant Roosevelt Elementary School
Aug 31 Group Leader - Elementary After School Program (6) -- Various --
Aug 31 Long Term Substitute - Middle School Science Teacher Melrose Veterans Memorial Middle School
Aug 31 Elementary Long Term Substitute Teacher (Grade 1) Winthrop Elementary School
Aug 24 Paraprofessionals (ECC/High School) (7) -- Various --
Aug 24 Secretary - Middle School Melrose Veterans Memorial Middle School
Aug 18 Foodservice Melrose Public Schools
Aug 18 Transportation Drivers (4) Melrose Public Schools
Aug 18 History/Geography - Long Term Substitute Teacher (12 weeks to Dec 1) Melrose Veterans Memorial Middle School
Aug 18 Art and Generalist Teacher - After School Program (2) -- Various --
Aug 18 After School PE/Gym Teacher (2) -- Various --
Aug 18 Elementary Teacher Grade 1 Lincoln Elementary School
Aug 18 Shared School Social Worker (.8) -- Various --
Aug 17 High School Math Teacher Melrose High School
Aug 16 Physical Therapist (.4-.8 until January) Melrose Public Schools
Aug 16 Speech Language Assistant -- Various --
Aug 11 Elementary Educational Team Facilitator - Anticipated -- Various --
Aug 11 Substitute Traffic Supervisor - Full Time/School Year Melrose Public Schools
Aug 4 Teacher - After School Homework Headquarters (5) -- Various --
Aug 4 Anticipated Special Education Teacher (one year position) Melrose High School
Aug 4 Group Leaders - Pre-K After School Program (16) -- Various --
Aug 3 Assistant Site Coordinator - Elementary (6) -- Various --
Jul 28 Elementary Special Education Teacher Substitute Winthrop Elementary School

How is KB and SC doing in the high school? Heard the teachers don't respect them for the out come and CT doing nothing but, rewarding them.

Did the school committee pass the vote so CT and her gain can check and fire you if you use her computers and go on face book.

A evil women is worst than a evil man.

I hope neither of the two previous posters is an English teacher!

Prof. Correctipants Jr.

No one wants to hear your comments. You are a anal person and needs to get a life.

go away
Prof. Correctipants Jr.

No one wants to hear your comments. You are a anal person and needs to get a life.

I do! Freedom of speech on an open message board - please seek other message boards if you are too offended - otherwise - accept the criteria for posting - anonymity & freedom of speech!

Free Speech!
go away
Prof. Correctipants Jr.

I do! Freedom of speech on an open message board - please seek other message boards if you are too offended - otherwise - accept the criteria for posting - anonymity & freedom of speech!

I am a first year teacher in Melrose. This string you're able to just type on it and it's not to be graded. I am a mom with three kids trying to do homework, get dinner done, and write on this string. I am hoping the schools get better in Melrose. The anal English teacher can have fun correcting this post...

"This string your able to just type on it and it's not to be graded. "

If this person truly is a teacher, Melrose Schools are in a great deal more trouble than already known.

Hey teacher, it doesn't take an English teacher to know that "your able" is supposed to be "you're able." If this is the writing of a "teacher," this individual is functionally ILLITERATE! "Your" [You're] a true embarrassment who probably couldn't pass the 5th-grade MCAS.

Great Article in Malden News Paper today on Mystiv Valley Charter school. The MTA is representing teachers who MV tried to collect liquidated damages from after taking higher paying jobs at Public Schools. The richest piece of data available is that the Charter has a 29% annual teacher turnover rate since 2009...WTF.

Parent
"This string your able to just type on it and it's not to be graded. "

If this person truly is a teacher, Melrose Schools are in a great deal more trouble than already known.

Hey teacher, it doesn't take an English teacher to know that "your able" is supposed to be "you're able." If this is the writing of a "teacher," this individual is functionally ILLITERATE! "Your" [You're] a true embarrassment who probably couldn't pass the 5th-grade MCAS.

The teacher is a huge bully and she knows it. No one will hire her she will stay in Melrose hoping administation will give in. She talks nice to you and behind your back watch out.

More Teachers Leave Mystic Valley Each Year than Melrose in Last 5
Great Article in Malden News Paper today on Mystiv Valley Charter school. The MTA is representing teachers who MV tried to collect liquidated damages from after taking higher paying jobs at Public Schools. The richest piece of data available is that the Charter has a 29% annual teacher turnover rate since 2009...WTF.

More staff has left Melrose in the past two years than the Charter school. They leave only to come to Melrose and they are here to stay. Bottom of the barrel thats where we are. Sounds like that post was being a bully to that other post be nice.

How come CT will let a person that works for the school become a teacher without the full degree. Some say if she knows your a hard worker and she likes you she will hire you for a position. Then she lets you finish school so you have the proper degree. My friend has been trying so hard and never gets the position. Maybe she should go to another city instead of Melrose. Anyone have any ideas on what she should do?

how come
How come CT will let a person that works for the school become a teacher without the full degree. Some say if she knows your a hard worker and she likes you she will hire you for a position. Then she lets you finish school so you have the proper degree. My friend has been trying so hard and never gets the position. Maybe she should go to another city instead of Melrose. Anyone have any ideas on what she should do?
Try Malden Public. Or Medford.

Medford schools are far superior to Melrose, just look at the curriculum.

True
Medford schools are far superior to Melrose, just look at the curriculum.[/quot

Go for the money and get out of Melrose the schools are a disgrace and houses are the same. Melrose staff is so horrible even to each other. Teachers and staff don't stand by each other no more its every man for himself.

The teachers, police, fire, should be able to get a make over like the city is in Melrose. It don't matter if its Medford, Melrose, or Malden. Winchester is a great place if you can travel. My friend loves Belmont they are so much for the staff. They have so many programs to have a happy environment in the Belmont Schools.

Over worked and under paid the fire, police and teachers. The respect is so bad for the men and women in these position now. The teachers are just becoming bullies, police ride around doing nothing, the fire department cant wait for their pensions. CT will be soon leaving Melrose with so much depth that Melrose will go close to bankruptcy again. Move on from Melrose if you haven't invest to much time. The teachers are on their cell phones majority of the time I volunteer and see it everyday. Vote yes on question 2.

Please dear God, please tell me this woman is not volunteering in my child's English class.

I'm trying to figure out all these convoluted stories about fraud being committed by school department staff. Why isn't this the big story? We are cutting staff at the High School, cutting services to kids, cutting paras in the kindergarten. And, according to these posters, we have school personnel falsifying time cards and paying staff for days they are not here? That's fraud, and everyone involved should be fired.

I'd love to see the Free Press investigate this.....

Huh?
I'm trying to figure out all these convoluted stories about fraud being committed by school department staff. Why isn't this the big story? We are cutting staff at the High School, cutting services to kids, cutting paras in the kindergarten. And, according to these posters, we have school personnel falsifying time cards and paying staff for days they are not here? That's fraud, and everyone involved should be fired.

Sorry...don't depend on newspapers uncovering this type of corruption - Dolan has them under his thumb! Bringing these issues to light might affect housing pricing and sales!

Sorry don't depend on administration helping staff that are being bullied in the work place. The bulling that goes on in Melrose is unthinkable. I witnessed the other day teachers planning a strategy to hurt a staff member. This don't matter the teachers will sit and laugh at what is going on. The thing that bothers me is I am a teacher and didn't think this existed. Glad I have not invested time in Melrose and will be looking elsewhere.

Stay for the three years in Melrose. Use the administration like they are using you. Then see if at the end of your third year you get hired. You should not stay in Melrose the pay is much lower than other cities. If your young keep looking for another schools. Its good to get your practice and mistakes in the first three years of teaching. Melrose is loaded with first year teachers. Hope the mentors are being helpful and not wishing for failure. When people say it happens everywhere that is not true in Melrose its worse here.

...goes around. Notice how many teachers give notice in July or August leaving the superintendent and principals in the lurch? This is what happens when an administrators disrespect their teachers. Teachers do talk and then the word gets around the educational community that Melrose administrators disrespect their teachers and students as well as parents. Or they could watch this all play out on MMTV school committee meetings as the school committee chair disparages members of the public who speak during public comment.

Newspapers are in the Tank!
Huh?

Sorry...don't depend on newspapers uncovering this type of corruption - Dolan has them under his thumb! Bringing these issues to light might affect housing pricing and sales!

It's done all the time if they can get away with it. Especially at education station two teachers did fraud but was found out by the leader of education stations. The teachers that did this action are no longer working for education station. They were not hired back the following year. The paper is not going to investigate these actions because its true. Just like Hillary Clinton is going to win the election with all the facts on her. Dolan will not be mayor next year but, everyone said the same thing about Naomi Baline.

When a competent reporter shows up in Melrose and starts reporting the truth about the corruption within city hall and school administration, they are swiftly moved out of town, such as Aaron Leibowitz, who apparently wrote one too many accurate articles about the myriad MPS scandals.

OMG
Please dear God, please tell me this woman is not volunteering in my child's English class.

Now I know why my child say's the word God. Please tell me this is not a teacher.

how come
Try Wakefield a lot of Melrose staff is going to Wakefield and Malden because they pay more and will allow you to teach and still go to school to get your degree. If you don't have to say you worked in Melrose your resume wont be put in the no pile.

Gone
When a competent reporter shows up in Melrose and starts reporting the truth about the corruption within city hall and school administration, they are swiftly moved out of town, such as Aaron Leibowitz, who apparently wrote one too many accurate articles about the myriad MPS scandals.
What I said too. Finally a reporter actually reporting & then he's gone.

I would report this to the head of the schools which is the superintendent or her assistance. You have a better chance of hearing back from the superintendent. Or go directly to the SC meeting on Tues. at city hall. Tell them quickly whats happening in your school. The problem is you have 5 minutes to speak then you have to stop. With this situation you will be so humiliated from your staff it might not be worth it.

School
True
Medford schools are far superior to Melrose, just look at the curriculum.[/quot

Go for the money and get out of Melrose the schools are a disgrace and houses are the same. Melrose staff is so horrible even to each other. Teachers and staff don't stand by each other no more its every man for himself.

If you could ever get into the Reading or Arlingtion school system its great. The pay is much nicer along with the parents and staff. The school has a program for teachers and staff to go on about bulling. This is a mandatory program they must go on periodically. Some staff have been waiting to explain what humiliation they have been in for years. Melrose would rather you go somewhere else instead of correcting the problem. This would take a lot of work and money. CT when she first came to Melrose schools promised to address bulling. She is trying to make up on all the money she has caused Melrose. So just let everyone harass, bully, shun, and make it a greedy hostile working place. Hopefully the school will see that parents can make a choice when they vote on question 2.

Aaron had a GREAT story about racism and despicable treatment of black mentors and sped students. He had statements from staff and black mentors. What happened you ask? His editor went with him to see Cyndy and the story was killed. Worse, is those mentors who were honor students will no longer assist in SC's class and the racist teacher was brought into MHS by recently promoted CB as Asst. Principal is still there. Those students are left in her grossly incompetent hands.

Did you see a draft? I would love to read it.

parent
OMG

Now I know why my child say's the word God. Please tell me this is not a teacher.

The phone number is 781-2160 and her name is Patricia White-Lambright or 781-979-2294 that is the Superintendent Of School and her name is Cyndi Taymore. Bullying, harassment, shunning, and hostile work place. English is my second languages.

bullying (not bulling)

Why would anyone with an ounce of awareness think that calling the very people responsible for promoting and allowing such conduct, responsible for the "racially hostile environment," as the federal investigators have documented, responsible for the pervasive atmosphere of intimidating staff, parents and students, would be the appropriate authorities to call to report more of this? This is craziness.

Responding to harassment
bullying (not bulling)

Why would anyone with an ounce of awareness think that calling the very people responsible for promoting and allowing such conduct, responsible for the "racially hostile environment," as the federal investigators have documented, responsible for the pervasive atmosphere of intimidating staff, parents and students, would be the appropriate authorities to call to report more of this? This is craziness.

You shouldn't be caring how its spelled but care that a staff member is being bullied by you more that likely. So stop correcting my English I am from another country.

Responding to harassment
bullying (not bulling)

When the parents of the young man reported to CT and PWL that their head of the teacher's union had told their son to "go back to the plantation" their actions were dismissive to an extreme, illegal (forcing the child to be in the same room as the accused without a parent present for the "interview" and excuses of the teacher), and totally inappropriate. Those administrative actions were supported by the school committee/mayor and their attorneys (all of whom would have been fired/required to resign in any decent community). But apparently Melrose is no longer a decent community, because these actions have been allowed to stand, even in the face of clear federal findings against them and enormous legal expenses that continue to be accrued. A decent community would have demanded corrective action. It still could, albeit very late and causing further pervasive harm as a result. The community could and should rise up against these creeps who bring such dishonor and harm, but instead people sit by while more "honors" pile up to allow the perpetrators to escape consequences and even reap trumped-up "awards." The shame and disgrace must be shared by those who have allowed it.

Since that time, many more have been bullied (sorry, but the spelling does matter), harassed, dismissed, mistreated--staff, parents, students. The guilty parties continue not only to allow it but in fact to promote it with their "policies" and "programs," including many of those mandated by the US Dept of Civil Rights, by targeting the victims for corrective action instead of focusing on the administrative culprits and holding them accountable. The degradation of the whole system is in rapid motion now, with much circling of the drain. The more awful it is, the more "awards" and pronouncements of its wonderfulness come forward from the hired PR guns. Meanwhile the community continues to slumber, with only the occasional meek and lazy "oh dear" at each new revelation (those that manage to escape beyond the steel trap door of Dolan/Driscoll/Taymore gag orders, that is).

I would like the proper channels even if its in the school department. I type with my phone and then I leave out letters when I press post. That's not the point of the story and to be critical of that is very child like and needs to get a life.

phone
I would like the proper channels even if its in the school department. I type with my phone and then I leave out letters when I press post. That's not the point of the story and to be critical of that is very child like and needs to get a life.

Don't type on your phone then, or learn to read before you proceed. Be more careful before you press post. It actually does matter. It's not child-like to notice or care, and "getting a life" is not an appropriate response. Words matter. Presentation (mode of communication) matters. Sorry, but that's just the way it is. That's why education matters. Poor communication does have consequences in how the message is received. It doesn't mean that the message is any less valid. It just means that it won't have as good a chance to be received the way it was intended.

As for the issue at hand (not sure exactly which one you reference), calling anyone within the school administration is probably a first step that needs to happen for certain legal processes, but it is guaranteed to put a bullseye on you and get little if any positive result (other than some patronizing head-patting, if it even nets that much of a response). So it requires an extra dose of courage if you decide to proceed "through channels." You can find outside channels, like an attorney of your own (best option), the DOE/DESE (who typically report back to local administration and cannot be trusted), the school committee (during public participation--and we all know how that will go, but again, it's a good choice for bringing public awareness and getting public support), the state MCAD, US Office of Civil Rights (2 of them--one with the Justice Department and one via the US Dept of Ed), the media (Globe, Herald, tv/radio, wickedlocal), ACLU, and other agencies that may or may not have the bandwidth to respond.

Rere
Aaron had a GREAT story about racism and despicable treatment of black mentors and sped students. He had statements from staff and black mentors. What happened you ask? His editor went with him to see Cyndy and the story was killed. Worse, is those mentors who were honor students will no longer assist in SC's class and the racist teacher was brought into MHS by recently promoted CB as Asst. Principal is still there. Those students are left in her grossly incompetent hands.
Shortly after he got moved to Malden. The press is muzzled in Melrose which should terrify the citizens. There are no checks and balances.

Any power I can take from the school system, I will which is why I'm voting Yes on 2.

The local vocal campaign against 2 is to keep power and money in Melrose controlled by a group of insiders.

You might not ever hear from P.W.L. she never returns calls and if your being bullied you are better off to get a Lawyer.

Reality
phone

Don't type on your phone then, or learn to read before you proceed. Be more careful before you press post. It actually does matter. It's not child-like to notice or care, and "getting a life" is not an appropriate response. Words matter. Presentation (mode of communication) matters. Sorry, but that's just the way it is. That's why education matters. Poor communication does have consequences in how the message is received. It doesn't mean that the message is any less valid. It just means that it won't have as good a chance to be received the way it was intended.

As for the issue at hand (not sure exactly which one you reference), calling anyone within the school administration is probably a first step that needs to happen for certain legal processes, but it is guaranteed to put a bullseye on you and get little if any positive result (other than some patronizing head-patting, if it even nets that much of a response). So it requires an extra dose of courage if you decide to proceed "through channels." You can find outside channels, like an attorney of your own (best option), the DOE/DESE (who typically report back to local administration and cannot be trusted), the school committee (during public participation--and we all know how that will go, but again, it's a good choice for bringing public awareness and getting public support), the state MCAD, US Office of Civil Rights (2 of them--one with the Justice Department and one via the US Dept of Ed), the media (Globe, Herald, tv/radio, wickedlocal), ACLU, and other agencies that may or may not have the bandwidth to respond.

GET A LIFE BULLY!!!

"Get a life" epitomizes the kind of immaturity that goes right along with the bad culture here. No, the person who wrote to "Get" wasn't a bully, just someone being realistic and factual towards someone who isn't mature enough to accept legitimate criticism. Calling "Reality" a bully is just classic projection, done by people who typically are actual bullies themselves. Too many people try to blame their electronic devices for their own sloppiness and poor communication, starting with the top bosses in this school district, who are abysmal communicators and always blame everyone but themselves.

This superintendent needs to go.

Medford schools are far more superior than Melrose. The advantage is the school is Kindergarten through eighth grade. Everyone in the schools adjust better to this type of environment. My uncle works in the McGlynn School in Medford and has a lot of good stories.

all the time
Newspapers are in the Tank!
Huh?

It's done all the time if they can get away with it. Especially at education station two teachers did fraud but was found out by the leader of education stations. The teachers that did this action are no longer working for education station. They were not hired back the following year. The paper is not going to investigate these actions because its true. Just like Hillary Clinton is going to win the election with all the facts on her. Dolan will not be mayor next year but, everyone said the same thing about Naomi Baline.

This is fraud and the paper should be reporting issue's in the schools so that it STOPS!

But the reporter, Aaron, who was reporting the controversial stories was moved to Malden. I would like to read his behind the scenes tell-all of his time in Melrose.

He was too good for his own good. I imagine it was eye opening for him working the beat here.

parent
parent
OMG

The phone number is 781-2160 and her name is Patricia White-Lambright or 781-979-2294 that is the Superintendent Of School and her name is Cyndi Taymore. Bullying, harassment, shunning, and hostile work place. English is my second languages.

How is Patricia White-Lambright able to do a proper investigation when she would more than likely be in favor of the school. Then all your information and frustration is not valid. So this is why it continues in the schools and many employees won't come forward. It's not going to change its only getting worse. You cant work under these conditions. The teachers are trying to stop this kind of behavior. The administration should have some programs to come and teach the teachers.

Ms. Taymore should be leaving.Not the teacher;s.Not good for are children and families.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10