Melrose Seniors Friendly Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
So........anyway.....

In the category of 'don't laugh until you try it', Kraft Mac & Cheese is a lot better (tho still not as good as Stouffer's) if you throw in some Velveeta when you're combining all the ingredients. Really!

Re: So........anyway.....

And another thing.......where the ham did the Olympic sport of cross country skiing and shooting a rifle come from? Why not ski jumping and snowman making?

Geezer
In the category of 'don't laugh until you try it', Kraft Mac & Cheese is a lot better (tho still not as good as Stouffer's) if you throw in some Velveeta when you're combining all the ingredients. Really!

I hope you're not eating that for breakfast!

Geezer
And another thing.......where the ham did the Olympic sport of cross country skiing and shooting a rifle come from? Why not ski jumping and snowman making?

You can't ask someone to go off a ski jump with a rifle!

Unless the ski jumper also had the shoot the snowman.

Uhoh, another snowman accidentally shot by Claudine Longet!

WOW. Claudine was in every one of my favorite shows (and yes, I had to look her up).

McHale's Navy,
Twelve O'Clock High,
Combat (the best in my opinion),
The Rat Patrol
Hogan's Heroes.

And come to think of it... didn't Hogan die in a still unsolved mystery?

Kraft Mac & Cheese for breakfast? Are you daft, woman?
Breakfast is Dinty Moore, of course!

The frozen food companies should hire you Geezer. I was doing some grocery shopping today, saw the Stouffers Mac & Cheese and couldn't walk out of the isle without it. I also picked up one of their individual 5 cheese lasagnas. Really good stuff if you've never had one.

Hmmmm, that's one of the VERY (and I do mean very) few Stouffers that I haven't had, but it's definitely on my list for the next food shopping day! Tanks.

I'm thinking that skiing/shooting competition might be a little more exciting if they had some Navy Seals protecting the Target.

Is any other fool out there besides me that is playing the Monopoly Game at Shaws? Just wasted an hour of my life. I'm such a sucker for that kind of stuff.

Um, Patty dear... how can you be wasting valuable time on Monopoly when the Olympics are on? I personally can't wait for the Bobsled races with that kid from Melrose. GO MELROSE!!!... oops, I mean "USA"!!!

You know, with Geezer, Patty, Fossil, Ratt, and Old Guy as the Captain, I think we could start up a pretty good Curling Team. Now, those large blocks of Granite look expensive, but I'm thinking we could use some fully loaded Quarter Keg beer barrels as a replacement.

Might be too late to get in this year, and Patty would need some time to sew our uniforms, but it's something to think about for the future, right?

I'd heard that Shaws was thinking of taking over Cerretani's Supermarket. Have they done that already?

(I fear a bit for Patty's memory, fellow Board posters. The Monopoly game is always at McDonald's.)

LOL Geezer! You’re years late. My mind was gone after Al Gore invented the internet….just couldn’t get min mind around that one! There really is a Monopoly game at Shaws (at Cerratani Way) Guess the prices are too high to go there which is why you wouldn’t know and I can’t say that I blame you……although I have to say they have come down in the last month quite a bit. I’ll check out the prices of Dinty Moore and Stouffers and let you and Old Guy in on it.

**** straight Old Guy! (Learned that was a cuss word from the Superintendent!) How did you know that I could sew! I’m all over this! How exciting! We need to plan. And of course I’m an insufferable know-it-all and look forward to calling in some favors at Kappy’s ! Can I….oh please can I be the sweeper person?

Old Guy; do you realize how heavy those pieces of granite are, I have trouble with bowling balls. However, if we use quarter pounders from Macdonald's (I say their instead of Burger King that way Patty can get the monopoly pieces)we may have a chance. But bring the quarter keg anyway so we have something to celebrate with, because no mater where we place we are going to celebrate.

daammn must really be a cuss word! It got blocked!

hehehehe Dahmmmm straight doesn't get blocked!

From some of the pictures I've seen of one of the Russian curling teams, it appears that the women have to pose in bikinis. This seems VERY sexist to me, but apparently rules are rules Patty!

patricia wright
daammn must really be a cuss word! It got blocked!

Nope, ****n is not a cuss word according to George Carlin, who I respect and admire greatly.

Anyway, heres the official list: Let's see what gets through...

****, ***** ****, ***** cocksucker, ************, and tits.

Wow!

Now that's enlightening!

Obviously I remember the routine, AND the words, and am surprised that one of them "got through" (the last should be a no brainer).

As another aside, the 24 pieces of candy in the Russell Stover heart-shaped box (1/2 price, of course!) wasn't too much to eat in a one night sitting, was it?

24 pieces? Geezer, are you sure you double checked to make sure there wasn't a double layer of chocolates below the first layer?

This is embarassing, I know I should know this.

Can anyone tell me when the kid from Melrose starts Bobsled racing tonight? I can't find a schedule anywhere (and yes, I've been looking on the internets)

Oh, and by the way, who the heck was "Bob"?

I believe that if you go to the Melrose Patch, there is a story that I think gives when he is competing.

As I recall, it was Robert S. Led, who invented the sport!

You're a Leg Puller Geezer!... (and yes, I had to look it up)

Geezer
From some of the pictures I've seen of one of the Russian curling teams, it appears that the women have to pose in bikinis. This seems VERY sexist to me, but apparently rules are rules Patty!

Geezer you cad! The Russian Women's Curling team looked like they were pretty well buttoned up to me![:)s]

All right OG, I admit I was joshing. But do tell, is it the same guy the Bobcat is named after?

Are you talking about the animal or the little front end loader?

Yes

USA & Melrose Bronze