Melrose Seniors Friendly Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Happy Valentine's Day

To my stud muffins Geezer, Old Guy and RATT Happy Valentine's Day! xxxxxxoooooo

Re: Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's day to you too Patty. To everyone else; have a happy Valentine's day and for drifting off on my last post mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

patricia wright
To my stud muffins Geezer, Old Guy and RATT Happy Valentine's Day! xxxxxxoooooo

Why Thank You so much Patty! I must say, while reading your message, I thought to myself... "Oh Jeeze (with a Jay not a Gee) wasn't that nice.

Valentines Day Questions for the group...

How many of you will be heading to CVS for the half price heart shaped boxes of chocolate's tomorrow?

And how many of you wish that Russo's Candy House was still there at Rt 1 and the Fells? That place was a Paperboy's paradise on Saturday mornings.

Thank you Patty, that's awfully nice of you. Likewise of course.

And OG, of course I'll be going for the 1/2 price candy....doesn't everyone?

Russo's was of course a 'paradise'! I was in the "small replacement one" once, years ago, but never went back, it just wasn't the same. Not even sure if it's still there.

As an aside, my late mother-in-law was one of the, if not the, last hand chocolate-dippers at Russo's. I used to love listening to her stories about chocolate dipping.

I'll bet you I knew her Geezer. I remember this lady who would point out new stuff they "invented" and explain with great enthusiasm how certain candies were made. Is there any place left where you can go and watch your candy being made? I think not.

Talking about chocolates brings back some memories. My mother worked at Schraffts chocolates in Charlestown. She could tell you what kind of fillings were inside by reading the swirls on the top of the candy. Myself; I just poked a hole in the bottom, if it was something that I didn't like I would use friction and try to melt it until it was smooth and put it back in the box.

I believe that you can tour Harbor Sweets in Salem, www.harborsweets.com.

I used to stand outside the Goldenrod in York Beach and watch them pull salt water taffy. Fascinating, for some reason. Gotta take my teeth out to eat it now though! The food is great there too. Still in business, after 118 years.

I'm sorry Fossil! Happy belated Valentine's Day to you too! I haven't been to York in years. It's not that far away. The Cliff walk is truly spectacular.