(1) I like that event where they send 6 Snow Boarders down the hill at the same time. I mean, did anyone see that guy that tried to stay up in the air and beat the guys on the ground, at the last jump? Now that was cool even though it looked like it hurt a bit in the end.
(2) Did I miss something, or did they get rid of the Luge? You know, the one where you sit backwards in a Red Ryder sled and go down the Bobsled track at about 100 MPH? Where did that go?
(3) Short Track Skating isn't as good as it was when Apollo was still around.
(4) The women's hockey team choked. Sorry - call 'em like I see 'em.
(5) I don't remember that much yelling when I used to play shuffleboard.
OK, now I'm trying to figure out where one would have played shuffleboard in Melrose?
Bocci,at the Fish and Foon Club.After 5-pints of lager,Shuffleboard,Bocci,Bowling,Curling are all the same.Heard its been moved to 562 main st.
I think there was one of those in Saugus between the Fellsway and Rt1. So kind of Italian American club or something. I remember learning how to play Bocci there.
Not sure if there were ever shuffleboard courts in this area. I used to play while on vacation in the beautiful Town (which is caught in a wonderful time warp and has barely changed in 60 years) of Ocean Park, ME. The shuffleboard courts (same ones) are still there!