Melrose Seniors Friendly Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Space Station

OK, so if we go to war with Russian, what happens to the astronauts that are on the Space Station right now?

Has Obama considered fortifying the Space Station by sending a couple more US astronauts up there?

Is there a Jail he could put the Russian astronauts in until this thing is resolved?

Why is it that I have to think up these things?

Re: Space Station

Because someone has to, and you're just the man for the job!

I think the best idea would be not to tell `em, let them remain friends like hopefully they are now.

Old Guy
OK, so if we go to war with Russian, what happens to the astronauts that are on the Space Station right now?

Has Obama considered fortifying the Space Station by sending a couple more US astronauts up there?

Is there a Jail he could put the Russian astronauts in until this thing is resolved?

Why is it that I have to think up these things?

You need to think a little harder. The US government currently has no means to get anyone to the ISS, absent hitching a ride with the Russians or contracting with Space X, Orbital Sciences or Virgin Galactic for a lift.

The crew currently about consists of three Russians, two Americans and one Japanese. They all got there on Russian rockets, as has been the case for the last three years.

I guess the programs on your wireless and the Saturday Evening Post don't cover space!

Other than the 'information' part, was that really necessary?

Geezer
Other than the 'information' part, was that really necessary?

On man's humor is another's put down, I guess. I thought that, as one identifying as being of a certain age, you wouldn't act all Millennial about it, especially as your comment was made with absolutely zero effort to be factual.

As further edification for you, Elon Musk, founder and CEO of Space X, testified before Congress about the need for Air Force space payloads, currently launched by a joint venture of Lockheed Martin and Boeing called United Launch Alliance and utilizing Russian engines, be taken away from ULA and given to Space X. That ULA has a perfect record of 68 consecutive successful missions and that Space X missed a secondary payload mission given to them due to engine failure didn't seem to phase him.

I think it's time to push the "Ignore Button" Geezer... and thanks for the support.