Melrose Seniors Friendly Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Click Reduction #3

Just doing a little house work and cleaning up the Clicks.

Watch out Geezer

WATCH OUT GEEZER and FOSSIL, they're coming for our Med's !!!

Melrose
Melrose officials announce 'Medication Take Back Day'

The Melrose Substance Abuse Prevention Coalition, Melrose Police Department and Walgreens Pharmacy invite you to join us for National Medication Take Back Day.....

Re: Watch out Geezer

They'll have to pry them from my cold........no, wait, that's what those silly people say (uh oh!).

Oh Yah... I know who you mean. That guy from the "Planet of the Apes". Good movie.

He once walked past me at Logan Airport while my Mom and I were waiting for my dad to come out of the plane. I think around that time, he was only Moses.

Old Guy
WATCH OUT GEEZER and FOSSIL, they're coming for our Meds !!!

They better bring two guys to carry them.

That will work, I guess, but one guy with a wheelbarrow could handle it.

Hey, I resemble that remark!

I know what a wheel is. But what is a Barrow?

Definition of BARROW
: a male hog castrated before sexual maturity

1. A flat, rectangular frame used for carrying a load, especially such a frame with projecting shafts at each end for handles; handbarrow.

2. British - A pushcart used by street vendors, especially by costermongers; hill or mountain; a pile of rocks covering a dead body

OK, Here's something to think about.....(I like to keep those Senior brain cells active, kind of a free service I offer)

The Subject is:
1. Donald Sterling (NBA Clippers Owner and he's a Racist, apparently).
2. NBA Commissioner Adam Silver throws Sterling out of the NBA.

Here's the Question: If Sterling has $2+ Billion couldn't he just purchase the whole NBA and then fire the Commissioner and do whatever he wants with what's left?

Just asking
OG (gone under cover due to the sensitivity of subject matter)

Hmmmmmmmmmmm,

Firstly, it might have to be a sizable "+" after that $2 billion, I have no idea.

Secondly, tho undoubtedly a HUGE racist, he doesn't want "white guys" because he thinks they can't compete, so where would he get his players?

and Thirdly, it's also very disturbing that ugly old guys can still get "quasi-hot girlfriends" just because they have money!

Rezeeg
Thirdly, it's also very disturbing that ugly old guys can still get "quasi-hot girlfriends" just because they have money!

That's a slight upside, I guess, but the downside is when you **** them off and they release recordings like she did.

Lissof
That's a slight upside, I guess, but the downside is when you **** them off and they release recordings like she did.

Ya got that right. I haven't heard the whole thing but what I did hear sounded like she was leading him to the slaughter with each question and answer and he just wouldn't shut up! Bizarre.

Rats, the police found my vacation home at Mt. Hood. [:-|]

Time share?

It could be, but you have to bring your own tarp.

Two Questions:

1. Were you and your Best Bud out playing a little "fetch the little ball"?

2. Were there a lot of red plastic cups laying around?

3. Did you find the keg?

Ok, I know that was 3 not 2..... I just didn't want to go through all that re-numbering.

Seems like you spend a bit of time up there.....

Hmmm.

Answers:

1. I wouldn't say yes, but I couldn't say no. Would I say maybe? I might!

2. ditto

3. Oh see the little deer. Does the deer have any doe? Yeah, two bucks!

Head up! Funny new word on one of the strings on the dark side!

nicht ein wörtchen?

Ok...I give up! What german translator are you using!

I think that this is what it translates to:

nicht ein wörtchen? not one word or at least nicht ein wort does.

However; I am not sure what the chen on the end of wort translates to.

Normally I wouldn't release our secret code but let's see if we can't sneak it past Security Administrator Fossil using my under cover name.

https://translate.google.com/#de/en/nicht%20ein%20w%C3%B6rtchen

I think I found "snaperhead" in the 'Urban Dictionary', but couldn't find a definition!

Nein. Ich sagte "(Ich) nicht haben wörterbuch."

Fossli Translation:

"No. I said I do not have a dictionary"

Geezer
I think I found "snaperhead" in the 'Urban Dictionary', but couldn't find a definition!

Um... I followed Geezer's use of the Urban Dictionary (didn't know THAT existed). I couldn't find "snaperhead" but "snaper" certainly is there and I'm sure it is what we are looking for.

Here, try this...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=snaper

snapperhead

•An individual who is so annoying they are asking for a quick snap (smack/punch) to the head.

I'd love to give a bunch of people a crack upside the head.

Happy Darth Vader Day. May the Fourth be with you!

y feliz cinco de mayo!

Most people don't know that back in 1912, Hellmann's mayonnaise was manufactured in England. In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico. This was to be the next port of call for the great ship after New York. This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever delivered to Mexico .

But as we know, the great ship did not make it to New York. The ship hit an iceberg and sank. The people of Mexico, who were crazy about mayonnaise, and were eagerly awaiting its delivery. They were inconsolable with this loss. Their anguish was so great, that they declared a National Day of Mourning.

The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5th and is known,
of course, as -
"Sinko De Mayo".

WHAT ??? You expected something educational from me?

Absolutely perfect! [:-D]

Fossil is right. That was Soooo bad, it was perfect!

[:))][8-)]

The Dark Side

There is so much human crap being thrown around over there on the Dark Side, it's getting to the point where dog poop is irrelevant. I have never in my life seen a group of adults acting so badly and so far down into mud.

Re: The Dark Side

If anything ever came of it, one might say there was/is a point, but I don't recall having seen that happen yet.

Sooner or later someone is going to react to the provocation, probably at a committee meeting, and I just hope nobody gets hurt.

But..... enough of this ugly kind of conversation.

When you were growing up..... did you have a Teddy Bear?

Oh OK... I'll go first.

Yes I did. His name was Fooof (rhymes with roof). I have no idea where the name came from other than we did have a dog and I may have imitated "woof" but it came out fooof and it stuck?

My thoughts about the continued 'ugliness' were/are exactly yours, but I didn't voice them, thinking I was possibly the only one who might "sense the potential".

Why certainly I had a bear growing up, I'd be shocked to hear if people didn't, but mine was black and white so I guess more a panda bear than a teddy bear. If I gave him a name, you've a much better memory than me, because I can't recall it. I also had, and still have, (thinking it would be worth money) a Smokey The Bear, complete with hat and plastic shovel. As far as being worth money, a (very) little, but not enough to part with it. It's not that I'm super sentimental, cuz if he was a Steif (sp?) he'd be long gone!

Did they have Plastics back then, Mrs Robinson?

Oh and...

richtig steif ist

Oh, I get it now.
Now that I'm watching the Golf.
You're referring to Jordan "Spieth", aren't you Geezer.

HA! [:|]

Good one!

tap... tap... tap... hello?... is this thing on?

Mine appears to be on, but I've been "holed up" in my bedroom cuz of that scary bright ball in the sky that seems to be keeping the temperature above freezing!

Goin ta Maine tomorrow. Rain or shine, doesn't matter. We'll put in some docks and maybe do some fishin if the boat starts.

Enjoy! I luv Maine.

That sounds fabulous! We'll hold down the fort while you enjoy yourself.

I'm going to meet up with some of the guys that I served with in an Engineer Battalion this weekend, for lunch. Should be good to see them again. Have a few beers and some laughs.

We did a helluva job holdin` down the fort, we aint said nuttin!

My goodness, what a lovely thing it is coming back from the wilderness of Maine and seeing the lively banter of Geezer, RATT and an anonymous " pw ", (in small letters no less). And to see the posting current all the way up to Geezer's post this morning! I just knew you guys (and presumed gal) could hold down the fort in my absence!

You realize that it is hard to stay out of trouble at our age. Well at least mine.

PS Have a good time down Maine?

1 2