Melrose Seniors Friendly Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: The Dark Side

Maine was great, except for some rain here and there. The fishing could have been better (due to the ice fishing over the winter) but these hardships are easily offset by a harbor side dinner of lobstah and steama's.

Ahhh….Maine’s comfort food! I have an old friend who is now a snow bird and has an old farm house on the water in Machiasport right on water. I hope to get up there this summer. It’s such a loooong drive though but absolutely worth it.

I did take your suggestion Old Guy and went to City Cycles in Stoneham and bought myself a beautiful shiny new RED Schwinn! I call it my “mid life crisis”! Boy…bikes are a lot more expensive than I remembered! So if you see a chubby red head tooling around Melrose beep and wave!

Last weekend I started off small and rode around Wyoming Cemetery. (My daughter’s suggestion of practicing someplace safe when she witnessed me almost killing myself on Norris Court…you really can forget how to ride a bike after 20 years!)

I rode to the back of the cemetery and discovered and old road that was blocked to traffic and took a chance. I knew my bike could handle the dirt road but I ended up walking it most of the way which lead all the way to the Forest Dale cemetery. At the end of that road it was really blocked off and I would have had to hike my bike over the boulders to get in. NOT! I think I’ve discovered a new hiking spot though!

Well I’m off again. By the end of the summer I hope to be a babe again!

patricia wright
..... So if you see a chubby red head tooling around Melrose beep and wave!

Beep and wave?... Beep and wave???

Gee, I remember when my friends and I were, um, somewhat younger, if we saw a chubby red head tooling around Melrose, one of us would crank down the window, lean out of the car as far as he could and grab.... um, well, I think you get the picture.

ps
Looks like it might be time to do a click reduction, but I'll leave that up to Geezer.

OK, who's turn is it to be watching Geezer this week?

1 2