Melrose Seniors Friendly Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Click Reduction #4

I'll do it, since I have a confession to make.

I went over to the dark side. Worse, I posted using a pseudonym. [sigh]

Can anyone identify the post I made over there?

Re: Click Reduction #4

The second I saw it I knew it was "one of us" [:)].
I jumped right on it!

Re: Click Reduction #4

It wasn't sam*ple but nothing ever is on this board.

A Maine Educational Moment

OK, I learned this from my brother in law and witnessed it in person in Maine last week. As a service to my fellow, um, old fogies, we'll make this a competition to keep those brain cells active.

So here goes:
We've all seen wet dogs (especially Labs) retrieving a ball and shaking off the water in their coat, sometimes to the inconvenience of folks in the immediate vicinity.

The Quiz:
What is the secret way to make a dog do the shake without making a command. I guarantee this will catch the attention of anyone in the spray zone of your "Buddy" and they will all think you are just one big hilarious jokester.... or something similar.

Re: A Maine Educational Moment

hmmmmmmm....interesting....thinkin`

Sooooo Geezer,

May I ask how many times have you hosed down you Buddy today, trying to get her to give up the secret?

Enough to observe that she seems to shake 'randomly'. When we walk in the rain, it appears to be every block or so. Still cogitating/experimenting.

While you're doing that, what say we drift on over to the dark side, toss a few bombs, and see how many arguments we can start?

hehehehe.... Someone already tossed a couple of heat seekers

Okay; who snuck up to the dark side? Somebody is stirring-the-pot about changing the city charter or something, to remove the mayor from the school committee. Boy is that going to start something. I hope it wasn't one of you, we don't need the likes of them down here muddying up our water. We can do a good job of muddying it up by ourselves.

Looks like a mystery name to me.

As good ole George used to say:

"It looks like it's going Nucular"

Well, saying "shake" and wiggling my ass like I'M shaking doesn't work!

You have to start wiggling at your head and wiggle down. If you start at your ass and go up, the poor thing probably thinks you want to dance with her!

OH, and just give me a signal if you want to know the secret.

I'd just like to say one thing to the guys who 'landed' 70 years ago. Not sure if this includes any of us but it needs to be said.

Thank you Army
Thank you Navy
Thank you Air Force
Thank you Marines
Thank you Coast Gaurd
and... Thanks Dad, I miss you.

Well said, couldn't agree more, and 'thanks' to my Dad also.

"And now for something completely different...."

Maybe if I tried to determine "normal inflation" this would not seem so strange, but I have to admit I was surprised when a half a small plastic cup of lemonade (at a 'roadside children's stand') was $1. (In reality, $2, because I always give them twice what they're asking.)
I seem to remember my price being 3-5 cents, but won't say how many years ago that was!

Last year when we sold our house we paid 2bits ($0.25) a cup. What the little kids next door did was setup a stand when ever we or our neighbor had an open house. Those kids made a killing, who's going to say no to 2 little girls 4&7.I had a cup myself every time they setup.`

Actually, those girls are right on the money. Their parents must have helped them.

The price of a car used to be about $1,500 and is now about $30,000.
The cost of lemonade used to be $.05 and is now about $1.00

So what has the percentage increase been?

$30,000 divided by $1500 = 2000%

$1.00 divided by $.05 = 2000%

So, in maintaining the spirit of this board, it looks like we won't be able to file a price gouging lawsuit against the little cherubs this time.

Thank you for "doing the math", that IS interesting!
I admit that on hot afternoons I do drive around looking for the stands. Maybe I could offer my services to them, to keep them informed of what the "competition" is charging! [:)]

Good idea. Maybe you could also get one of those magnet signs that Pizza guys put on top of their cars to advertise?

Somebody wanted me to pass this on to Geezer so as not to embarrass him. The rest of you can just use your imagination.

Message: You need to lift up her ear and gently blow into it. I'm pretty show she'll do it wet or dry so you don't need to hose her down.

Brilliant Holmes!

Let me know if it works on your lil buddy. I only got to see it once, for a short time. Oh that reminds me... you might not want to do it with your old cranky sister in attendance.

Hmmm... there appears to be sum sort of a squabble going on in the "General" board.

Red Bike with the Pudgy Rider

Has anyone seen that Pudgy Red Head tooling around on the fire engine red mountain bike while wearing skin tight spandex, leaving nothing to the imagination?

Just curious.

Re: Red Bike with the Pudgy Rider

I thought that might catch someone's attention.

Anyway, check out the film created by a MHS kid and posted on the "Schools" posting sting. It's well worth watching. Oh, and give the Kid an "attaboy" reply or maybe a few "good jobs!". He deserves it.

OG

Oh well.

I guess I didn't get the memo.

OG

Five days now I've been constantly riding around Melrose and I haven't seem ANYONE on a fire engine red mountain bike! I hope this wasn't a wild 'goose' chase.

LOL! I had to work all weekend! Big case tomorrow but on Thursday my "goose" will be firmly planted on that Cadillac seat on my Schwinn mid life crisis!

Geezer
Five days now I've been constantly riding around Melrose and I haven't seem ANYONE on a fire engine red mountain bike! I hope this wasn't a wild 'goose' chase.

RATT didn't tell you about the change in Patty's schedule?

Oops,I am so dense I didn't get that it might be a reference to MS. Wright. No offense meant or intended PW!

Well, now I have to take back what I said about RATT because that was a "get RATT in trouble joke" that only works if Geezer understands the PW bicycle joke!

See? This is why we need to set up afternoon rehearsals, especially when Geezer is going on a "Sweep of the City" as he did this time.

I used to be fairly sharp on the 'uptake' but it seems like lately I'm.................wait a minute, what am I talking about here?

You were telling us about Sharp Fairies and the Up-Ramp of rt 128.

Old Guy:

Look; I can get into enough trouble on my own. All I need is for a certain someone to stumble upon this site and hit me with "Who is this PW is she pedaling around in a tight red outfit and how well do you know her?".

You're right RATT. What was I thinking?

I should of left the part about the red hair out.

I suspect that someone "here" has a new pseudonym, that being "Oh Come On!".

You too, huh? I though the same. One-liners are the best! Henny Youngman funny!

My doctor told me to run 5 miles a day for two weeks. I called him back and said "Now what? I'm 70 miles from my house."

Geezer
I suspect that someone "here" has a new pseudonym, that being "Oh Come On!?

How the heck did you figure that out?
Who do you suppose it could be?

Sheesh!

cuz if it wasn't/isn't someone from here, then it's a 'sense of humor' we have to recruit!

Hey Geezer, any idea what happened to pw?
She get captured, or something?

I so love you Old Guy, Geezer, RATT, Fossil and Remembering! I've been so busy with work but I couldn't resist posting on the dark side a moment ago. Now off for a bike ride! What a beautiful day!

What happened???? Whad I say?

LOOK EVERYONE! We have a new member! Welcome Watty. It's so nice to meet you.

Have you lived in Melrose long?

Not so fast, OG. He hasn't passed his background check yet.

Oh, that's right. Thanks for reminding me. Um, anyone remember who we elected as our Background Check Commissioner at the last annual meeting?

I thought that we stuck(I mean appointed) Patty. As she has ability to find all the dirt on someone.

Now I remember why we picked Patty! Heck, she's probably digging around in her cellar as we speak, looking for her water board.

A Watty waterboard? Was that intentional?

1 2