Melrose Seniors Friendly Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Click Reduction #5

Geezer
PS...she just shook her head and looked at me in an aggravated manner, not her whole body!

Did you blow gentley in her ear?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............"in", I did "on".

Geezer
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............"in", I did "on".

No no no Geezer. Remember? This formula only works on Labs. You gently lift the floppy ear and blow into the ear. Remember?

I indeed did not remember that I had to do it in a laboratory.
As I said, sometimes I forget things nowadays. Just yesterday I went downtown to go to Brighams, but apparently it has closed.

What's Brighams?

If you start at Friendly's and go South on Main St about 3/4's of a mile (or past 4 sets of lights) you "should" see Brigham's on your right and if you'd like to, you can park in Cerretani's parking lot behind it.

How long have you waiting to use "lapidary"? [:)]
Very impressive!

I have to admit, I never heard it used as an adjective before - only as a noun.

Now - how did you find your way over to the dark side?

I've been sitting on that one for a few days after hearing Charles Payne use it, but thanks for the accolades.

Oh, and I can't believe the Dark Side would out someone who's primary goal in life is to bring levity to those around him and the people on this board. Now I have to make up a new secret name.

I tried rearranging the letters, and "Gloudy" came up, so you could, no, wait, now you can't cuz it wouldn't be secret. Rats!

That's what I like about Geezer. He's so...um .. thoughtful.

And in the end, he usually comes to the right conclusion.

I'm no spring chicken, and I could be wrong, but I don't recall a hurricane even mildly affecting us this early in the year!

I don't recall any in July either.

This must be global warming, oop's I mean "Climate Change".
That's the new word... right?

dash dot dot dot/dot dash dot/dot dot/dash dot dash/dash dot dash/dot dot/dot dash/dash dot/dash !!

I don't think this is working. I'm getting jiberish?? Hmmm.. Geezer... are you messing with me?

Okay OG, I'll bite. What does BRIKKIANT signify?

That's what I was saying. It seems to be code coming out of Geezer's translator!

All I did was...
dash dash dash = O
dash dash dot = G

And then everything went hay wire!

Oops, did "K" instead of "L"...........it's the Alz!

Whew.

Thanks Geezer. That was close.
One might even say perfidious.

BRILLIANT!

FYI - I'll be away for much of the summer, with little access to a computer. I'll try to check in when I can but just wanted you folks to know.

OG

Glad you mentioned it. Needless to say, we would have been concerned.
Enjoy!

Have a good time OG. We are only a half-a-mile from the beach, so we wont be going anyplace this year. Plus we had gone to Punta Cana for a wedding, so that is enough for the year.

Boy I miss you already Old Guy! Geezer...you're in charge now

Yikes.....me?....in charge??
Okay, remember when growing up, nope, we already discussed that. OK, remember we used to call the, darn, we went through all that also.

Oh brutha, to paraphrase Jack Nicholson "I can't handle the pressure!"

Ode to Old guy

There once was a chap named Old Guy.
For Maine did he leave in the blink of an eye.
Left his friends on this board,
Who went out of their gourds,
With Geezer in charge on the fly!

Re: Ode to Old guy

Geezer; all that I can say is good luck and better you then me. Just remember we are all behind you. However; we are not saying how far.

As long as no one ventures onto the dark side everything should be okay. It is only when the evil ones start trolling on our site that there are problems.

RATT
Geezer; all that I can say is good luck and better you then me. Just remember we are all behind you. However; we are not saying how far.

As long as no one ventures onto the dark side everything should be okay. It is only when the evil ones start trolling on our site that there are problems.

Come on now guys. Pull it together. I can't lug this computer thing over to the wifi coffee place to check on you every day.

And there could not be a better selection than Geezer. as Leader pro tem.

Although I have to say I'm not a big fan of even more things being "legislated", I understand that Canada now doesn't allow the commercials on tv be louder that the programs, and that would be a nice pleasant change here!

It appears as though I'm going to HAVE to win the $5,000 a week for life grand prize from Publishers Clearing House simply to pay for the stamps I've used in sending back the multitude of entry and confirmation forms!

Did anyone else go to any of the " Four Corners" music things? From the two I went to, seems that they unfortunately pretty poorly attended.

Good news coming soon...

I hope so. As you can see, I have been a complete failure here!

Geezer; don't put yourself down like that, your not a failure. None of us ventured over to the dark side and by the same token none of those no-it-all's came down here, so when the Old Guy gets back he won't have any fires to put out.

This is the third time that I have attempted to write this. I just got a new computer (the old one died). Because Patty is on the site I shall not use the words that I would normally use when I am perturbed with something. I was used to Microsoft windows 7, this new computer has windows 8 I am to dam old to be learning a new operating system.

That's how I felt when I was 'forced' to go from XP to 7. There's an 8 already??

Ratt, I just read a little bit about Windows 8. A lot of people don't like it, you're not the only one. They're already 'moving on' to Windows 9. Sounds like your computer crashed at absolutely the worst time.[:|]

It figures; I tried to send out an email last night on my hot mail account, forget about it. I can't find my address list, went on another site found the list but then what. Why can't they just leave well enough alone (other then to make more money for themselves). I think that I shall leave these new things to my granddaughters and just go play candy crush.

I'm not sure I understand that. Hotmail's address lists are saved on their server, and should immediately be available to you just by logging on to your Hotmail account from any machine. Question - have you gone over to the new Outlook yet? Hotmail is being phased out, but Outlook imports all the stuff from Hotmail automatically, including sign-in and other account information. It also uses your Hotmail sign in - ie: xxxxxx@hotmail.com. It's very easy to use. I also use a program called X-Notifier to alert me to new emails. It puts a notification on your desktop, and also plays a sound to alert you. Mine happens to be a flyby by a P-51 Mustang, but you can insert any sound you want to use.

Having found this out the hard way, and with excessive use of the same words you chose not to use here, I found a work-around. Before you change machines, get yourself a portable external hard drive, like a Seagate Expansion 1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0. Dont forget to get a USB 3.0 cable.

Don't do a complete backup to this drive, otherwise you'll be copying all the old system files, spyware, bad registry items and other junk you don't want on your new computer. I have a stand-alone Western Digital external drive for that. Instead, just hand copy all the stuff you want to put on your new machine - documents folder, pictures, desktop icons, program files, etc. Then when you get a new machine, simply hand copy those folders and files from the expansion drive to the new machine. They do make transfer programs that allow you to selectively do this, but they can be expensive, and sometime don't work as well as doing it yourself.

I also use three maintenance programs - SuperAntiSpyware, Malwarebytes, and Avast. The first two are free (for the basic - you can get more elaborate versions for a fee, but I have never found the need to do so), and Avast has a small annual fee. I find it superior to both Norton and McAfee. I run all three about once a week, and I also backup to the WD and update the files on the Seagate about once a week. It's kind of a pain in the butt, but it sure makes transferring to a new machine a lot easier. All you're left with then is figuring out the new OS, which admittedly does throw me for a loop every time.

I'm afraid I can't comment on the above, but I have figured out how to play solitaire and minesweeper, if that's any help.

Yikes, I must be old!
When did "toolbag" become anything but a tool bag?

And I have a dog, but I speak English and know it's not a free food market !