Melrose Seniors Friendly Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Coming back...

Looks like I'll have a new house shortly.

Will be back soon,
Old Guy

Re: Coming back...

What did you do, have work done on your present house or move?

Also glad too have you back.

Anxiously awaiting our return OG !

factoid PS: It's hard to believe, but I have discovered first hand that Slim Jims can get 'stale'.

"Our" = "your"

Ratt
What did you do, have work done on your present house or move?

Also glad too have you back.

Moving out of state. I'll be submitting the paperwork for certification of continued Melrose Messages Senior's participation soon. Does anyone know if Geezer is still the "Senior's Membership" commissioner?

Good luck on the move and your new home.

I wanted too also move out of state (preferably Maine) but settled for a great town in mass instead.

Again all the best and hope too continue to see your well appreciated messages on here.

By coincidence, the requirements for continuing participation in the Melrose Messages Senior division are identical to those for membership in the International Order of Friendly Sons of the Raccoons.
Yes, the requirements are very strict, and for those that don't recall them, they are:
1. Be a US citizen for the last 6 months
2. Have a public school diploma
3. Pay a $1.50 initiation fee
Because you have been a member so long, however, we can waive requirement #3, and may even accept a private school diploma under requirement #2.

As a COMPLETE aside, it seems like an awfully strange dichotomy that a potential side effect of a drug that one is taking to 'get better' is that it may cause you to have thoughts or feelings of wanting to kill yourself!

What's even better is when the drug (Bromfed)you have been taking for years, is suddenly taken of the market. Later you learn about the possible side effects.

I don't know how anyone could listen to the disclaimers on TV advertising and then take the advertised drug. Have you listened to those things?

"...may cause insanity, sudden death or the wish to die..."

Old Guy
I don't know how anyone could listen to the disclaimers on TV advertising and then take the advertised drug. Have you listened to those things?

"...may cause insanity, sudden death or the wish to die..."

And, just to be clear, that comment was not directed at Melrose Messages folks. It was focused on the general TV watchers.