1 2
Author
Comment
Click Reduction #7

Geezer
If you don't know if you have "ED", does that mean you do?[Sarcastic]

Do what?

And... I have to ask.
Was the ED question somehow related to the popsicle stick question?

Re: Click Reduction #7

lol, 'have it'

Oh. I get it. Or got it.

Wouldn't you need some duct tape for that popsicle device you're trying to develop?

Does duct tape last more than 4 hours?

I saw a car the other day that had its entire rear bumper held up by duct tape. I suppose if it can hold up a bumper it would do reasonably well on smaller…I mean shorter….no..no..no…I mean thinner. Oh never mind....

MPs stop our truck and wrote us up for a hole in one of the fenders. When we got back to the cantonment area, I slapped on two layers of duck tape and some OD paint. Duck tape took care of that problem in a hurry.

patricia wright
I saw a car the other day that had its entire rear bumper held up by duct tape. I suppose if it can hold up a bumper it would do reasonably well on smaller…I mean shorter….no..no..no…I mean thinner. Oh never mind....

Now, Now, let's all calm down a bit and try not to get too um... should I say... um.... "Excited"?

Geezer, I think you need to start working on getting a Patten Number so nobody can copy your Popsicle Stick idea. And if Patty can stop stuttering long enough, she may be able to assist you with the mechanics of attaching popsicle sticks to "units of varying lengths".

We could call them "STICKS ON A DIC.." Oh wait a minute... never mind.

And RATT is right. I think my summer cottage has more Duct Tape than it has wood. Same thing with the boat.

Couldn't live without it.

I don't know about you, but I kind of like having a snowless Nor' Easter in October, just for practice. Yup, I'm all set. Did my emergency shopping and stocked up with about a week's worth of Chinese takeout (love those Butterfly Shrimp) and of course, appropriate libations are a "given".

I take it you don't have a dog who doesn't give a rat's *** what the weather is cuz she knows you'll dry her off after each of her "required" 2-3 walks a day [:)]

Although I have never been to a Walmart, I don't think it takes Carnac to predict that the KMart space will be for lease shortly!

My nephew is helping me with the dog thing. I my be adopting rather than going through the puppy thing in the middle of winter.

Shouldn't that read RATT's *** ?

I will never be seen in a Walmart.

What, you have one of those Groucho Marx, glasses, nose, and mustache disguises?

Whoa; your not going to dry my ***.

RATT,

After reading this as carefully as possible and de-coding where appropriate, I think Geezer wants to hang Groucho Marx glasses, nose, and mustache disguises from your dog's *** for Halloween.

Yeah, maybe. Or maybe he actually looks like a dog's a$$. I know someone that qualifies.

Well I think there may be a problem with that, seeing as I have a cat. If he tries that with her, she is going to climb up one side of him, safety-off around his neck and severely claw his head.

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone.

I think I'm there!!

Well...

It could be worse. You could be going through the Dark Side Twilight Zone instead of the one here, with your friends.

I have no idea what you have; but share. I too would like to get away for a while.[:)]

ummmmmmmmmmm......................huh? [:-?]

Sorry Geezer that was we (Washington). I used a different name when I ventured into the dark side and didn't change back. I know that I have been saying to stay out of their realm, as we are only inviting trouble to come down among us. Hopefully no one but us will follow. [o:)]

Washington RATT
I have no idea what you have; but share. I too would like to get away for a while.[:)]

Whew.

I've been racking my brain trying to figure out who or what has been "but sharing"

Oh Yah, and ....... GO PATS!

You are indeed the Master of spotting (or creating!) the double entendre!
I'll bet in High School you were also a Master Debater! [:-)]

Geezer
You are indeed the Master of spotting (or creating!) the double entendre!
I'll bet in High School you were also a Master Debater! [:-)]

Boy, ya got that right, Geezer. I'll tell ya, there was this one time when I was 13 and I developed this new "move" that.... Oh.. um... oops, sorry... never mind.

Can we get back to the duct tape thing? God! Boys never change no matter how "old" they are!

Duct tape is a vital tool in the home improvement arsenal. That and joint compound which my horsehair plaster walls suck up with vigor. I can't find any good duct tape! It stinks! It won't even stick to my fingers let alone hold up the fiberglass insulation I've tried to secure to my pipes on the outside walls of my house. Is there any particular brand I should be getting? I want the ones that criminals use. (hope this doesn't get me in trouble!)

It is probably just 'psychological', because I'm sure that they're all exactly the same, but I lean to the non-gray (or is it grey) duct tape, i.e. white or black. I just seem to think they seem "stickier" [:-?]

1 Go to a Hardware Store, not the grocery store or department store
2 Make sure it says DUCT Tape, not Duck tape or any other close name.
3 The company that ownes the real stuff, ownes the name.
4 And you're correct. The fake stuff sucks.

And don't be cheap by trying to use up the old tape.

Get the real stuff, throw away the crappy stuff and your lives will never be the same.

LOL! Okay…Okay…I’ll throw away the crappy stuff! But there’s always that little voice in my head whenever I get something that:

A. Doesn’t work

B. I use one time and bought thinking is was going to be the best thing ever

C. A friend gives me a gift believing I “need” it and I don’t (don’t believe in re gifting”)

And the little voice says “save it…you might need it later or find another use for it”. Well not this time Old Guy. Threw that roll right in the garbage. Off to Home Depot to get me the good stuff!

Has anyone seen the News clip of video showing the medical personnel sealing their protective gloves with.... you got it..... Duct Tape.

Now that is too funny. I was just sitting here minding my own business, and there it was. Wonder if it was the real stuff.

I saw that, amazing!
And speaking of 'tape'........ I just saw in Melrose, bi-language yellow 'caution' tape. Really? For one stinking word?

LOL

The internet is a wonder full thing...

Sep 16, 2014 - Project C.U.R.E. has launched a campaign called Stick It to Ebola, looking to use duct tape to seal gaps in the protective gear of health care ...

Although I'm sure I know the reason for the newest signs at the cemetery, it's still a shame that now should I visit a loved one's grave after sunset, I am considered to be "trespassing".
It's beginning to remind me of a 70s song:
..."Sign, sign, everywhere a sign, Blockin' out the scenery, breakin' my mind, Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign?....."

And, with the recent time change a lot of folks who work will have to go only on weekends

....wasn't me this time.

Its getting difficult to determine who is throwing what bombs. I wonder if Willie would know?

I have a whole arsenal to drop, but I'm waiting for the right moment, which is hard, given that we're in such a target rich environment.

Fossil
I have a whole arsenal to drop, but I'm waiting for the right moment, which is hard, given that we're in such a target rich environment.

"target rich environment"
LOL, good one Fossil.
The perfect description

You folks are having waaaaay too much fun on the dark side!

Geezer told us to do it.

What power I have!
Now everyone, go get a dollar from your Mother's purse, put it in an envelope, ........ !
(who was that, Soupy Sales, right?)

I think I can give you an "so absolute, maybe" on that one. What was the name of the game show? That might jog a memory cell or two.

I googled and found what I was referencing, but I was a little off:

"In January 1965 on his morning children's show, the performer Soupy Sales suggested to his young viewers that they find the wallets of their sleeping fathers and take out "some of those funny green pieces of paper with all those nice pictures of George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, and Alexander Hamilton, and send them along to your old pal, Soupy, care of WNEW, New York."

And apparently, the Parents and the News Organizations had a problem with Soupy's attempt at friviolity?

Just want to say thank you, to my late Father, and any and all readers of this message board who served, for helping protect the freedom I have today, which even extends to my ability to say what I want, here!

Thanks Geezer and may all of the other veterans on this board have a pleasant and uneventful day also.

My 7 year old grandson came over today, and the first thing he said when he walked in was "Thank you, Grampy."

Since I'm not too bright, I responded "For what?"

He said "For being a veteran." Made my day. Things have sure changed since 1968.

What a wonderful Grandson you have there Fossil. And it sounds like he has an equally wonderful Mom and Dad who are teaching him well.

Thank you to my Dad. And to my Brother who left us too soon.

Hey! I just thought of something....

If you don't know if you have "ED", does that mean you do?

My first reaction was Oh.......I don't think so, but then I "understood" your point, and now think it's a **** (darn) good question!

1 2