Melrose Seniors Friendly Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Labs

Well now Patty, there's only one person I know who knows "whats up" as we go shooting out of control toward infinity. That would be Geezer.... or Andy Palmer. So, um, I guess that's really two, unless we add RATT.

Old Guy: like I said in the past, I got out of Dodge a while ago and only sit on the side-lines read and shake my head at what is going on. I still periodically talk with friends, to confirm one way or the other that what I read on this site is or isn't factual. From what I hear from them a lot is true.

I can trace my lineage in Melrose back to about 1890 and had always loved it. However; things started to change and I didn't see it getting better in the near future. So when we found this house in our present town, we jumped on it and haven't looked back.

I will still come back to Melrose Messages and periodically make a comment on the Seniors site, but that's it. I look at everyone on the seniors site as a friend, as none of us is out to make anyone look bad (except when we periodically make disparaging comments about ourselves). I am sure that someone from the black side of the board will probably say that they are glad we left and guess what, we are too.

I think you're all wonderful on this string, and I just hope you keep coming back here to inject a little of your wonderfulness now and again. You are grounded and great perspective. We all need reminders! Smooches to you!

OG, I don't even know what I had for lunch yesterday, much less "what's up" [:-)]

PS Wow....a smooch!

WOW. It's great to see that this site actually IS worth something. I look forward to the occasional post and it's always been the first place I check when signing in.

OG.

Tonight Jupiter & Venus will "re-create" what MAY have been the Star of Bethlehem. Google "super star June 30" for where and when!

Well, I tried and I tried.

No luck.

When's the next showing?

[:-|]

I tried too, but nuttin! Of course I wouldn't drive up to the tower, afraid they'd lock the gate behind me!
Possibly tonight, then 2016 sometime I think.

4th Update...

Great day at camp for the 4th of July. We seem to be developing a contest with the guys across the lake. This year the cost was just over $300 (with several neighbors kicking in). The kids loved it.

Happy to learn you weren't the guy who tried to shoot fireworks off of the top of his head!
As tragic as that story was/is, it's further demonstration that alcohol and fireworks don't mix, nor does alcohol with most activities.

It's also further proof that you can't fix stupid - unless you're using explosives.

Hey Old Guy! Has your pup learned how to jump off the dock yet?

Yup, Patty. She has a best friend who is very helpful and is a labradoodle (sp?)
Peer pressure is a wonderful thing. Although I did have to give her a little nudge that first time.

Geezer
Happy to learn you weren't the guy who tried to shoot fireworks off of the top of his head!
As tragic as that story was/is, it's further demonstration that alcohol and fireworks don't mix, nor does alcohol with most activities.

"Darwin."