Melrose Seniors Friendly Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Click Reduction #14

Geezer
Isn't it supposed to be the officials` job to signal a first down? When did the players decide that it is now their job?

Oooh that shingles stuff is bad news. Don't want touch that stuff.

I know I've said this before, but it continues to bother me. Football "celebrations" are still ridiculous, and getting worse! Just do your job that you're WELL paid for, give the ball to the official, and line up for the next play.

Remember - these are kids in men's clothing!

Myron, if I had done something like that back in the day, Coach Hoague would have thrown me off the team.

Just curious. Do grade school children still give 'valentines' to everyone in their class like "we" did so many years ago?

Geezer
Just curious. Do grade school children still give 'valentines' to everyone in their class like "we" did so many years ago?

According to my 6 year old grandson - the answer is yes!

Thank you

Where did all the seniors go? Better get some well-being checks going. It's been far too long.

Puzzled
Where did all the seniors go? Better get some well-being checks going. It's been far too long.

OG......... "Hear".

RATT; Present.

here!

They take longer naps and then forget to log on! That's the problem with getting old - memory lapses increase. Now - what was I talking about?

here

Never post here but love you guys & gals![:)]

Still breathin'.

MFD
They take longer naps and then forget to log on! That's the problem with getting old - memory lapses increase. Now - what was I talking about?

Black Labs. You were talking about Black Labs.

Babs? I haven't seen her in years.

Aren't the Babs in Toyland?

Pardon me, but isn't it about time we blow these F ckers up?

Can someone go find Obama?

I think he's playing baseball or something.

Trump will take care of business but we have to wait a year

OG
Pardon me, but isn't it about time we blow these F ckers up?

Can someone go find Obama?

I think he's playing baseball or something.

No...Obama is today sucking up to dictators and communists - seems to be his favorite occupation!

Holy Thursday, Batman!!

And now for something completely different..........

OG, I just wanted to let you know that you were/are absolutely right. I had occasion today to travel on Warwick Road, and as you mentioned in an earlier post, it is in terrible condition. The stretch between Perkins Street and the Fellsway is one of the worst in the City!

Thanks Geezer.

I often wondered if this wasn't a "unhappy Tax Payer vs. City Admin" type of thing happening.

You know what I mean? A..... "you fill the potholes or else" type of thing.

I made a post (by mistake, getting a bit "careless" I think I'll call it!) in the General Interest section, topic "Cemetery Decorations" that I thought might be somewhat relevant to 'we seniors'. Since I'm not a fan of identical postings in different sections, check it out there if you're interested. Sorry about that.

OK, I've learned my lesson, no more 'venturing' onto other strings!

A quickie for here though. What exactly IS the reason for no parking on public ways between 2 and 6 AM?

Geezer
OK, I've learned my lesson, no more 'venturing' onto other strings!

A quickie for here though. What exactly IS the reason for no parking on public ways between 2 and 6 AM?
It's to keep from looking like Malden, Revere, Chelsea, Somerville, East Boston, etc. Remember when everyone moved here & they were moving on up? Like the Jeffersons? They wanted to leave the congestion behind because they were now better than the neighborhoods they left. Just some pretension. Like being a dry town. Some would say quality of life. I say going overboard with the snobbery.

I like the "dry town". I still remember my uncle wrapping the cases of Dawson's ale in brown paper, to put out in the trash. Like nobody knew what it was.

I had an apt on Main St. during the blizzard of '78, and when the roads were closed, believe me that the constant stream of people walking to and back from Malden weren't doing it to buy groceries. [:)]

Geezer
I had an apt on Main St. during the blizzard of '78, and when the roads were closed, believe me that the constant stream of people walking to and back from Malden weren't doing it to buy groceries. [:)]

That makes me laugh. :)
To the person whose father wrapped the bottles, since this is an anonymous message board, I will admit that I sometimes don't put wine bottles or other liquor bottles in my recycling bin. I know I'm supposed to recycle them but if I have some friends over the bottles add up embarrassingly. By friends, I mean one friend & her "friend" who hardly drinks. The bottles upon occasion have told a different story.

We are are all passing on to a better place. See you there someday.

Geezer

I walked from Echo St.and stopped in at McDonough's in Stoneham on the way to visit some friends. It was pretty crowded, and people were dragging their purchases home on sleds.