遊艇老友交流站

歡迎閣下在此分享任何與遊艇活動有關的項目,包括考試技巧、駕駛經驗、機件維修、購物情報及最佳景點等資料。所有討論文章及相片必須與遊艇活動有關,而且禁止含有不雅、誹謗、誤導及商業推銷成份。所有言論內容,本會絕不負責,並且有權隨時刪除而不作任何通知。

如需刊登私人買賣租賃廣告,煩請使用免費買賣/租賃專區
亦歡迎電郵本會 info@hkyacht.com.hk 查詢交換買賣廣告專頁費用

遊艇老友交流
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nissan fishing boat okay?

i want to buy a nissan fishing boat from 記. Anyone tell me that is the nissan boat & outboard engine suit for HK? What is a 28 ft boat go for 2 stroke or 4 stroke outboard (225 hp) if I want to use China gas also??
Please help!!

Re: Nissan fishing boat okay?

買船最緊要係suit for 自己! 你唔洗擔心呢隻牌子的船唔適合香港航行,全部都適合. 我未接觸過nissan的船, 但睇相都幾靚. 空間同儲物位置都很充足. 不過最吸引我的卻是它可以配油渣引擎!!
但講番outboard, 28尺配225hp..足夠. 而不論2定4 stroke都可以用china gas. 最緊要係加番個filter隔清china gas裏的雜質就可以. 至於用2沖定4沖outboard,, 4沖會較靜, 耗油較少. 2沖就爆發力強, 起步較快, 維修費相對較平.
祝你早日做船主!!

Thank You 船主佬, some questions would like to consult you. What brand of outboard (4 stroke)is more popular in hk in term of reliable, spare parts available & repairing; Suzuki, Yamaha, Mercury, Nissan, Honda..etc? How to pick the right outboard for my boat?

Thank a lot.

tin tin,

Nissan fishing boat is for Japan water area. The enclose bow is good in northern area because it can protectyou from strong and cool wind. But in Hong Kong area , you should aware about very hot in summer (may be you can install Air con., of course the price is much more expensive) The boat performance not very good , too slow and easily come up the wave. All the above point is not important, the most important point is to deal with 群記 take special special care. Before deal, he will promise you every thing. After you paid the money, the face will change. Take care!

Oh ya!! thank you someone! Does x記 such a lousy dealer? I have to aware. By the way, what about the outboard choices? A lot of fellow using American made outboard, what's the story behind when compare to Japanese products?

Thank you someone.

x記 really that bad? Any people can tell us your story about x?

honda 和 nissan一同生產, 只係外殼貼紙唔同. 內裏冇分別. 我第一次接觸4沖, 就係honda. 但印象一般, 特別係130hp個款, 好似直接把汽車引擎放落去就算數, 體積又大又重. 不過只係呢款. 上個月仲見到水警仲有一隻硬底橡皮艇係用兩部honda 225hp. 唔知呢個值唔值得參考...

Mercury的4沖在香港可以話o岩o岩or未開始. 所以唔咁肯定佢4沖的維修保養spare part做成點. 但Mercury的2沖在香港很受歡迎--平,靚,正.

4沖之中 Suzuki 係我個人最愛, 佢係好多同級引擎比較中都名例前矛.而佢o既波箱比數較高, 對起動有幫助. 140hp較受歡迎, 因為同級之中它的馬力與重量比最好. 而佢hk的代理做維修都唔錯.(Johnson的4沖都係由suzuki一同生產, 設計完全一樣, 只不過一隻係黑色, 一隻係白色)

yamaha 4沖在香港我就唔清楚, 因為比較少見.

想了解更多有關各牌子引擎表現可以上佢地o既網址睇下.
or去我o既個人寶庫http://groups.msn.com/BoatinGDIY處睇下, 有晒咁多個牌子的link.

I tried my friend's Nissan (25 ft) once; it rocks so bad. The CG is too high. Head on wave tilt the boat backwards, I don't know if the waterline is bad or if the boat is too light. As far as I have heard from my friend, this boat is only good for ecstary region only, for shallow coastal with sharper wave and swirl, it is virtually uncontrollable; don't buy as with that kind of budget, there are plenty of choices. Murcury outboard is the best in terms of resale value. In actual fact, all brands have virtually little difference on the performance at sea as very very rarely the weather or the fuel reserve allows you to take the engine to its optimum performance or endurance. So basically as far as weekend user like us are concerned, there is little difference. But Mercury holds its value the best when putting it back in the market. As with X 記; if you can help it, try to avoid dealing with Mr. Yeung if possible. His father has a much better reputation than the son. A good old gentleman with a lovely house and joie la vie.

Thanx Brian. Please give me advice what kind of boat I should take if my budget is around 500k. Fishing & diving (better with air conditioner), of course sometime I want to go southern oil well. So thus,I should have 2 outboard, right? I really don't mind either 2nd hand or new boat as long as it is in good condition.

If you want to go Oil rig, there is no way you take Nissan. If you want to use outboard, they must be at least 33ft (minimum you can get away with) I have seen one Proline 3850 in the Old rig with twin Mercury 225 but they have to carry few extra fuel can. The advantage with this set up is that you can possibly do it for day trip (you don't want to dive at night there) and the stern is roomy for storage of your cylinder. If you want to have aircon and room for overnight trip, it will be taken at the expense of speed and have to go in for inboard diesel. Now we have the budget, which is a reasonable one. The second step is how you want you boat to do; few question to be ask :-
How often I plan to use my boat?
How often do I have friends coming with me?
How often do I entertain business associate?
How often do I go with my family on a leisure day out?
How often do I go fishing with my boat?
How often do I go diving with my boat?
How often do I spend a night in my boat?
How often do I wish to go Oil Rig and with whom?
Score from the above questions can determine what type of boat you need, then I think besides me there are a lot of people like NK, Hong etc. can give very good advice here.

I may use my boat twice a month, mainly fishing trip with few friends, it won't take more than 4 persons. During summer & Autumn, I may stay overnight with my son. No business entertainment onboard causes they prefer sailing. If the weather allow, I may go Oil Rig every month, am I a occasional user?

Re: fishing boat

Thanx Brian, though I can’t comment much on the issue of Outboard.
Besides, my knowledge about fishing at the Oil Rigs is no more than that I learn from the Fishing Endless “釣友無限”, Angling Entertainment “魚樂雙週” and Bonanza “魚穫日誌”. I’ve never been there indeed.
I think Tin Tin is so restricted by his licence that not choosing others.

(1) To my best knowledge, there are rare outboard stuffs (whether open boats or not) equipped with air-con. One may bring a portable generator on board, yet it would be quite unrealistic to carry an air-con to go off shore.

(2) Small fishing boat (under 33 feet) is capable of going to the Southern Oil Field in mere calm condition, but it is not the case in adverse situation. Otherwise u have to manage to navigate in roaring sea at outer waters, I hope it would not frighten your buddies to turn around. (Only genuine fisherman boats can make it in season and out of season hohoho~) Moreover, even fuel consumption is not what u concern, replenishment does a matter (it takes twelve hours for fisherman boat, or, 3-4 hours for small fishing / speed boat to go there, i.e. almost 8 hours for a trip to and fro). As it has to travel a distance, twin engine is obviously more proper.

(3) I have enjoyed several nights, they are amazing, although I experienced a terrible windy *** freezing night, and a down-pour before dawn in another occasion. A bow cabin is thus inevitable for staying overnight. If feasible, u'd better to have 200 volt power so as to enjoy a light meal / refreshment with oven, games, TV, lighting for cuttlefish-fishing, refrigerator, and, a good rest.

(4) Unless you are earning your living by navigating everyday, all pleasure vessel users are “occasional users”, don’t worry.

I find some stuffs, try this link :

http://203.98.133.222/~luingaikuen/Outboard.htm

They may not be the right one, but u can project to your future determination, I suppose.

Cheers

The reason I keep asking all these seemingly unnecessary questions is that there are basically 3 types of people wanting to own a boat; one that goes around for business; the other for family and friend (most likely female ones) and the other for a either ski, fishing or diving. Different shipyard have their own target group pinpoint at a specific sector. In this case, the contraint is that the boat must be a twin outboard, I would suggest you go for something like Whaler or Proline. Both of them have large open deck area that can walk through. This is very good for precising anchoring that is essential in fishing and diving. Some other like Chris Craft etc. has the problem for people manoeuvre on board. This will not be a drawback in sunseeking pleasure when precision does not come into part; besides, it has the added advantage of a large cabin. Nevertheless, I am afraid it wouldn't be the case here. But Tin Tin must be prepared to forget about the aircon and generator. I can tell you from practical experience that these two, especially the generator; will be your biggest ever nightmare in boating. In the case if a generator is needed, I used to get one of those portable Honda ones that you see people using on building site on board. They are noisy but light weight and durable; very rare do they go wrong. Very very good second hand market if you don't like it and besides, if there is no aircon, you don't need to have a generator on all night. Speaking about air con on boat, in reality, you don't need it unless you are docking near 東壩 or 滘西where air con is used to keep the mosquito away at night. Otherwise we have had enough of aircon in office and home, why bring it on boating when you can actually smell some fresh air. Most of the time it will be too chilly at night, a "Pricerite" blanket (cheappy ones) seems to be more appropriate.
As far as choice available is concerned, Whaler of course is more reliable and term the number 1 boat for military purpose. But they don't come cheap here and besides, it is very difficult to find one that is long enough. You need to length for Oil Rig to go through the wave trench. 8 枝is almost 90 nautical mile away. Far platform is in the region of 120. Anything could have happened. Proline is a more popular choice, the cabin is tiny but handling is easier and 上浪is not bad, the added bonus is that fuel tank is large, for example, a normal 23' dinghy has a 150 litre tank max. but Proline has one about 650 for the same length of boat. The disadvantage is that it is heavy for its size and type (almost as harsh as a Bertram hull) and heavy on fuel for a short day out in Sai Kung even when fuel tank is comparatively empty. There are more of these around with a longer length than Whaler. There are some other choices though they all lack in reliability comparing with these two.
Don't go for the brand new, it doesn't worth it for these types of outboard boat. In case if there is money to spare, I would suggest to buy a second hand, trade in the engine for new ones then you got yourself a brand new boat with fraction of price. Second hand boat is very good in Hong Kong in term of value for money. I don't know how much hour on the sea Tin Tin has; I remember saying this before, if possible, try to go out for a few time with boat owner before deciding. With few experience, preferrably with different type of boat, you can know exactly what you want. I have seen people backing off after just one trip at the Nine Pins.

Thanx Brain & NK, u guys are really helpful. During these few days, I asked my Japanese friends about the situation of Nippon made fishing boat, such as Yamaha or Nissan, he told me he just bought one 28ft sebrie nissan to replace his used 33ft fishing boat. It may because of patriotic reason, he asserted Japanese boats are terrific and promise to sell his old boat to me in friendship price (unbelievable low, he might get drunk then).
At present, should I just take the risk to buy his used boat and ship to HK? It is a Nissan-year 2000 walk around fishing boat with two 4 stroke outboard.

Hehe

I omitted this one which I forgot from which web it was downloaded.

http://203.98.133.222/~luingaikuen/OB_V2.jpg

It doesn't look cool, but dexterous.
Asking USD 66K last year.

Not only a good site for sharing knowledge of boating, but also for learning English.

NK,

Was it a Bertram 28 converted to twin Mercury 200? I had similar conversion except mine is 25. Excellent handling, tremenduous stability; slides gracefully through wave; dream boat for day out and diving but not so much so for bottom fishing. It is too wide and 犯流for 後櫓even when fitted with a 9.6. Colossal value for money except looking for one is no difference from finding needle in a haystack.

Hay sorry for this late response.

I am not sure whether it was a Bertram 28,
but my fragmentary data shows that it was 38 feet long, for carrying ppl to travel between islands, though it may easily transformed (the fore deck) to go fishing.

By the way, I find something ...... about fishing .....

http://203.98.133.222/~luingaikuen/Magaz.htm

=.="

Very good sharing. Keep going mate.

Very Good Re: Nissan fishing boat okay?

好鬼慳油! 我朋友隻WingFisher21 只得75匹4沖都行到29海哩GPS測出來的"真不可信 ! 我地由黃金去香港仔用左$210Amc油站入返滿4個大人.平過我隻4winnes 150匹有double有多!大家都差不多快而我架快多3海哩! 架日產一上船我就知有一大好野就係全船都冇地氈,!!!因為我架全船換了用左我$13000+$4500換地台木板,因為己全白蟻!!!!!!!!!!!